[AMA] Ask The Developer Anything - February 13th - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [AMA] Ask The Developer Anything - February 13th

Consistent Contributor [JAG] Ryan's Avatar
    Post Count
    Also can you let us know when the + and - alliance size reduction will start to work? They dont work since the invention of the new factors and you keep giving them out like last war as T1 and T2 rewards.

Many thanks
    Ryan
    Fun in Black

Allways looking for good and active players.
    Add me on Kakao. My id is RyanJAG

lord of the winners lists Assault and Flattery's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Fromm View Post
    When are we going to get splash screens of final prizes back?
    This will be fixed/returning in our 3.2 update. The update will also include the skill point reset item, shake to collect, and divisional leaderboards.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Vile Lynn View Post
    Thank you, Clementine.

Why is the war 6/7 days?
    Hello Vile

We are trying something new for this War. We are giving players back a Classic version of what they used to play. This does not mean we are going back to the old format moving forward it just means we are running a Classic Version of our War. We have asked for two extra days of war but we will also drastically increase prizes for guilds as well as the individual prizes. These will be better than anything you have seen in the last few Wars and will be worth the extra work. I know we are asking alot of our players with this 6 day war and we will make sure the prizes show for the extra effort our players have to put in.

lord of the winners lists Assault and Flattery's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan-Barbarian View Post
    Can you explain the starting pop up banner that says something about due to new buildings the land limit is increased by 20.

Increased from what ?

I didn't know there was a limit.

I assumed that you could fill in the entire area which I think is 12 wide by 16 deep, or 192 squares.

Please try to give more meaningful information in popups.
    Hey, you could max out previously. We increased the number of expansions you can do so that you can place more buildings.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Would the unpcoming event swamp assault be a 24hr way?
    And if so, when will it go active?
    Remembered reading after war before the names of the events was posted one Said 24hr war.
    Daily player

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Valid or View Post
    Are the chests rewards for the limited time building wrong?
    I have received a shrine chest and next reward also seems to be from the last event set.
    Will they be changed? Have not opened any as they do not correspond to the current anticuary quest.
    Hello Valid

The chests have the exact same stats. These are not inferior and you can open them. They are named incorrectly but the items are the correct. Please excuse the misnamed chest but the items are correct.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Would the unpcoming event swamp assault be a 24hr way?
    And if so, when will it go active?
    Remembered reading after war before the names of the events was posted one Said 24hr war.
    Hello Valid

The Swamp Assault is a 72 hour PVP event.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by [JAG] Ryan View Post
    Also can you let us know when the + and - alliance size reduction will start to work? They dont work since the invention of the new factors and you keep giving them out like last war as T1 and T2 rewards.

Many thanks
    Hello Ryan

We can look at these but we have had them tested and should be working appropriately. Let us double check and we will get back to you.

Post Count
    Hi Waffle

they dont work at all since the new factors are out. On all pvp attacks and during wars both use the same allies as they had before (attacker and defender). Please look into this. Thank you
    Ryan
    Fun in Black

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Thank you.
    Will we be seeing any 24hr wars in the future..last I can remeber someone said you wanted to bring them in but that was After the first/only one we had.
    Daily player

Post Count
    Also any option to extend the war cycles from 3 to 4 weeks like in my first post mentioned?

I think it would give you a great opportunity to add monthly a new event since a full week would be gained in each cycle.

You could also do different events every month, for example once an event focused more on new players or lower levels and once an event focused more on old players and High level ones.
    Ryan
    Fun in Black

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by discprodigy View Post
    When will crafting become relevant? New drops make all of the epic equipment I crafted a moot point now. Thanks for that...

Why return to the old style of battle calculations? Have I been farming equipment uselessly the past month?

Will any new events be introduced this month or next?

Is Swamp Assault a PvP event or just another mini war to tire us all out before a 6 day battle?

Will you ever raise the cap of gold you can get from attacking overvaulted players?

Will you ever remove the countless level 250 hacked accounts?

Will the level cap be raised again in the future?

Will individual prizes return to be relevant? Higher equipment stats, unique weapons; my old shadow cleaver still far outpowers any weapon I can craft or "win" as an indy reward.
    Hello Discprodigy

We will absolutely look into any account you think is hacked you need to submit a ticket on that player with his player id to CS and we will always investigate a "hacked" account thoroughly.

We do have a new coming out near the end of the month so please stay tuned for its announcement =)

We will also look into raising the cap on gold for overvaulted players. If we do we will announce the change in game.

Yes, we might increase the level cap but right now we are looking at how we can create incentives for players who choose to hit the max of 250 right now. We are working on a way to incentivize players to progress and enjoy the higher level content.

The prizes for this upcoming War will be much better than anything you have seen in previous Wars.

[expletive deleted]
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan-Barbarian View Post
    Can you fix the following issues:

1. New Building Construction Time bonus does not calculate properly..

I have 2 bonuses for "Construction Time". 4% and 2%. This should knock it down to about 22:34:45

I get 4% and 0.02% off and the timer starts at 22:59:48 and refiguring using these percentages comes out to this amount, which is wrong.

I remember once when you added a new bonus building, the second of the type, you had this same math problem.

2. When viewing Profile / Stats, the screen freezes sometimes for a few seconds, the list of bonuses comes up in some random (non A-Z) order. Makes it hard to find like bonuses, say when trying to find all 3 Beast related. If the list does come up sorted A-Z, sometimes after another 10-20 seconds in scrambles itself to random order.

3. In inventory, the counter on chests, does not count down when you open a chest. you just have to keep opening until nothing happens to know you have opened them all, or switch screen and come back to get the correct count.
    1. The bug with the building that you are talking about was actually a totally different issue. There has been a lot of confusion since the launch of the game with how the bonuses work and a lot of our current development team has agreed that it was not the best implementation and leads to a lot of player confusion. The % are multiplicative which creates a out come that is not the simple, obvious calculation. We talked about changing this but it is probably not something we will do as it could potentially have a negative impact for some players which is something we want to avoid.

2. We are looking into updates for these screens in the future to make them easier to read. The loading issues is because it has to connect to the server and find all of the other players information.

3. This is a known bug that we are looking into and hope to have it in a future app update soon.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Thank you.
    Will we be seeing any 24hr wars in the future..last I can remeber someone said you wanted to bring them in but that was After the first/only one we had.
    Hello Valid

We are trying to keep our Wars to the 3 week cycle our player base has asked for. If 24hr wars are something our players would like we can add them to the schedule but it seemed that most players only want one guild intensive war every 3 weeks.

If this is something our players would like we can definitely look into doing this but again it must be something our players would like.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by [JAG] Ryan View Post
    Hi Waffle

they dont work at all since the new factors are out. On all pvp attacks and during wars both use the same allies as they had before (attacker and defender). Please look into this. Thank you
    Hey Ryan

We will look into this for you and if it is broken get it fixed.