GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [AMA] Ask The Developer Anything - February 13th

Hybrid View

Community Manager
    Post Count

Exclamation [AMA] Ask The Developer Anything - February 13th

Please join us today, Friday, February 13th, at 2:00pm PST for our next Developer Ask Me Anything! Please join us in discussing and asking questions about current features and future development.

We will once again be joined by:

WaffleKing: Producer
    Derez: Lead Game Designer
    Assault and Flattery: Game Designer

Please post your questions here, starting now. The Developers will arrive at 2:00pm PST sharp and will be answering questions here for two hours! The thread will then be locked at at the conclusion of the AMA. We'll answer as many questions as possible.

Remember any posts that violate the Forum Code of Conduct will be removed. Furthermore, any post that attacks, insults, implies insults, harasses the Development Team will result in an immediate and permanent ban. Please keep everything on topic and constructive.

Post Count
    Thank you, Clementine.

Why is the war 6/7 days?

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Vile Lynn View Post
    Thank you, Clementine.

Why is the war 6/7 days?
    Hello Vile

We are trying something new for this War. We are giving players back a Classic version of what they used to play. This does not mean we are going back to the old format moving forward it just means we are running a Classic Version of our War. We have asked for two extra days of war but we will also drastically increase prizes for guilds as well as the individual prizes. These will be better than anything you have seen in the last few Wars and will be worth the extra work. I know we are asking alot of our players with this 6 day war and we will make sure the prizes show for the extra effort our players have to put in.

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Waffleking View Post
    Hello Vile

We are trying something new for this War. We are giving players back a Classic version of what they used to play. This does not mean we are going back to the old format moving forward it just means we are running a Classic Version of our War. We have asked for two extra days of war but we will also drastically increase prizes for guilds as well as the individual prizes. These will be better than anything you have seen in the last few Wars and will be worth the extra work. I know we are asking alot of our players with this 6 day war and we will make sure the prizes show for the extra effort our players have to put in.
    I just hope those "new" and "improved" prizes are not "better" crates

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by truthteller View Post
    I just hope those "new" and "improved" prizes are not "better" crates
    Hello Truth

They are not. They will be new hero equipment and units that will be EPIC! =)

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Waffleking View Post
    Hello Truth

They are not. They will be new hero equipment and units that will be EPIC! =)
    Awesome, looking forward to them

thanks

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Waffleking

if there a chance you guys lower the cost of gold hits on Epic Boss??
    I mean, 75K gold per hit on a level 100 that takes 13 hits to kill is 975k

is this done so people .....
    1- has to be raiding/attacking rivals not stop to get the gold and at the same time force them to get XP and level up
    2- to make people use gems to A- do force attack or b- buy refills to do more free hits

This hurts at least 85% of the players and not to mention new players with very low IPH and not many rivals at their levels with high IPH buildings to raid

you guys keep talking about balancing the game................well gold hits are out of balance that is for sure

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    When are we going to get splash screens of final prizes back?

lord of the winners lists Assault and Flattery's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Fromm View Post
    When are we going to get splash screens of final prizes back?
    This will be fixed/returning in our 3.2 update. The update will also include the skill point reset item, shake to collect, and divisional leaderboards.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Can you fix the following issues:

1. New Building Construction Time bonus does not calculate properly..

I have 2 bonuses for "Construction Time". 4% and 2%. This should knock it down to about 22:34:45

I get 4% and 0.02% off and the timer starts at 22:59:48 and refiguring using these percentages comes out to this amount, which is wrong.

I remember once when you added a new bonus building, the second of the type, you had this same math problem.

2. When viewing Profile / Stats, the screen freezes sometimes for a few seconds, the list of bonuses comes up in some random (non A-Z) order. Makes it hard to find like bonuses, say when trying to find all 3 Beast related. If the list does come up sorted A-Z, sometimes after another 10-20 seconds in scrambles itself to random order.

3. In inventory, the counter on chests, does not count down when you open a chest. you just have to keep opening until nothing happens to know you have opened them all, or switch screen and come back to get the correct count.
    KA - Konan of Bloodbath and Beyond - 646-557-670.

[expletive deleted]
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan-Barbarian View Post
    Can you fix the following issues:

1. New Building Construction Time bonus does not calculate properly..

I have 2 bonuses for "Construction Time". 4% and 2%. This should knock it down to about 22:34:45

I get 4% and 0.02% off and the timer starts at 22:59:48 and refiguring using these percentages comes out to this amount, which is wrong.

I remember once when you added a new bonus building, the second of the type, you had this same math problem.

2. When viewing Profile / Stats, the screen freezes sometimes for a few seconds, the list of bonuses comes up in some random (non A-Z) order. Makes it hard to find like bonuses, say when trying to find all 3 Beast related. If the list does come up sorted A-Z, sometimes after another 10-20 seconds in scrambles itself to random order.

3. In inventory, the counter on chests, does not count down when you open a chest. you just have to keep opening until nothing happens to know you have opened them all, or switch screen and come back to get the correct count.
    1. The bug with the building that you are talking about was actually a totally different issue. There has been a lot of confusion since the launch of the game with how the bonuses work and a lot of our current development team has agreed that it was not the best implementation and leads to a lot of player confusion. The % are multiplicative which creates a out come that is not the simple, obvious calculation. We talked about changing this but it is probably not something we will do as it could potentially have a negative impact for some players which is something we want to avoid.

2. We are looking into updates for these screens in the future to make them easier to read. The loading issues is because it has to connect to the server and find all of the other players information.

3. This is a known bug that we are looking into and hope to have it in a future app update soon.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Derez View Post
    1. The bug with the building that you are talking about was actually a totally different issue. There has been a lot of confusion since the launch of the game with how the bonuses work and a lot of our current development team has agreed that it was not the best implementation and leads to a lot of player confusion. The % are multiplicative which creates a out come that is not the simple, obvious calculation. We talked about changing this but it is probably not something we will do as it could potentially have a negative impact for some players which is something we want to avoid.

2. We are looking into updates for these screens in the future to make them easier to read. The loading issues is because it has to connect to the server and find all of the other players information.

3. This is a known bug that we are looking into and hope to have it in a future app update soon.
    #1 Yes I know all about multiplicative bonuses. I've been in sales for 34 years and do them every day. You still do not acknowledge that the bonuses I have of 4% and 2% add up, or in this case, reduce down the amount to the wrong result. 24 * 0.96 * 0.98 is 22.57 hours. 0.57 * 60 is 34 minutes. A new building is started and my timer will show 22:59:48. How is 22:34 = 22:59 ? ? ? ? ? ? ? DO THE MATH

#2 You say "all of the other players information" HUH, I'm talking about MY PROFILE and MY BONUSES .
    Last edited by Konan-Barbarian; 02-13-2015 at 03:29 PM.
    KA - Konan of Bloodbath and Beyond - 646-557-670.

Post Count
    When will crafting become relevant? New drops make all of the epic equipment I crafted a moot point now. Thanks for that...

Why return to the old style of battle calculations? Have I been farming equipment uselessly the past month?

Will any new events be introduced this month or next?

Is Swamp Assault a PvP event or just another mini war to tire us all out before a 6 day battle?

Will you ever raise the cap of gold you can get from attacking overvaulted players?

Will you ever remove the countless level 250 hacked accounts?

Will the level cap be raised again in the future?

Will individual prizes return to be relevant? Higher equipment stats, unique weapons; my old shadow cleaver still far outpowers any weapon I can craft or "win" as an indy reward.
    The Raiding Barbarians - Top 10

Nightwind |TRB|

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by discprodigy View Post
    When will crafting become relevant? New drops make all of the epic equipment I crafted a moot point now. Thanks for that...

Why return to the old style of battle calculations? Have I been farming equipment uselessly the past month?

Will any new events be introduced this month or next?

Is Swamp Assault a PvP event or just another mini war to tire us all out before a 6 day battle?

Will you ever raise the cap of gold you can get from attacking overvaulted players?

Will you ever remove the countless level 250 hacked accounts?

Will the level cap be raised again in the future?

Will individual prizes return to be relevant? Higher equipment stats, unique weapons; my old shadow cleaver still far outpowers any weapon I can craft or "win" as an indy reward.
    Hello Discprodigy

We will absolutely look into any account you think is hacked you need to submit a ticket on that player with his player id to CS and we will always investigate a "hacked" account thoroughly.

We do have a new coming out near the end of the month so please stay tuned for its announcement =)

We will also look into raising the cap on gold for overvaulted players. If we do we will announce the change in game.

Yes, we might increase the level cap but right now we are looking at how we can create incentives for players who choose to hit the max of 250 right now. We are working on a way to incentivize players to progress and enjoy the higher level content.

The prizes for this upcoming War will be much better than anything you have seen in previous Wars.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Please explain rational for 6 day war and consider switching it back - people are already quitting over this.