[AMA] Ask The Developer Anything - February 13th

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [AMA] Ask The Developer Anything - February 13th

Community Manager
    Post Count

Exclamation [AMA] Ask The Developer Anything - February 13th

Please join us today, Friday, February 13th, at 2:00pm PST for our next Developer Ask Me Anything! Please join us in discussing and asking questions about current features and future development.

We will once again be joined by:

WaffleKing: Producer
    Derez: Lead Game Designer
    Assault and Flattery: Game Designer

Please post your questions here, starting now. The Developers will arrive at 2:00pm PST sharp and will be answering questions here for two hours! The thread will then be locked at at the conclusion of the AMA. We'll answer as many questions as possible.

Remember any posts that violate the Forum Code of Conduct will be removed. Furthermore, any post that attacks, insults, implies insults, harasses the Development Team will result in an immediate and permanent ban. Please keep everything on topic and constructive.

Post Count
    Thank you, Clementine.

Why is the war 6/7 days?

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    When are we going to get splash screens of final prizes back?

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Can you fix the following issues:

1. New Building Construction Time bonus does not calculate properly..

I have 2 bonuses for "Construction Time". 4% and 2%. This should knock it down to about 22:34:45

I get 4% and 0.02% off and the timer starts at 22:59:48 and refiguring using these percentages comes out to this amount, which is wrong.

I remember once when you added a new bonus building, the second of the type, you had this same math problem.

2. When viewing Profile / Stats, the screen freezes sometimes for a few seconds, the list of bonuses comes up in some random (non A-Z) order. Makes it hard to find like bonuses, say when trying to find all 3 Beast related. If the list does come up sorted A-Z, sometimes after another 10-20 seconds in scrambles itself to random order.

3. In inventory, the counter on chests, does not count down when you open a chest. you just have to keep opening until nothing happens to know you have opened them all, or switch screen and come back to get the correct count.
    KA - Konan of Bloodbath and Beyond - 646-557-670.

Post Count
    When will crafting become relevant? New drops make all of the epic equipment I crafted a moot point now. Thanks for that...

Why return to the old style of battle calculations? Have I been farming equipment uselessly the past month?

Will any new events be introduced this month or next?

Is Swamp Assault a PvP event or just another mini war to tire us all out before a 6 day battle?

Will you ever raise the cap of gold you can get from attacking overvaulted players?

Will you ever remove the countless level 250 hacked accounts?

Will the level cap be raised again in the future?

Will individual prizes return to be relevant? Higher equipment stats, unique weapons; my old shadow cleaver still far outpowers any weapon I can craft or "win" as an indy reward.
    The Raiding Barbarians - Top 10

Nightwind |TRB|

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Please explain rational for 6 day war and consider switching it back - people are already quitting over this.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    please address raid boss - especially the bizarre answer given below.

Quote Originally Posted by Waffleking View Post

Hi Jomama

Thank you for the feedback on crafting. As to address your comments about Raid Boss, most of the guilds have been finishing Raid Boss in hours when it is intended to be a 5-6 day event. I will look at balance but an event that can be finished in a few hours is not a balanced event. I do understand the frustration but we do need to keep rebalancing events that are no longer working as intended. It is extremely difficult to balance for a user base with such different power stats(army power) and we are trying to balance a boss that needs to be challenging for everyone. I am not saying it has been a perfect balance but we will continue to change the event to make sure that everyone can still be challenged by the event.

We have started a specific team that will be looking at fixing this exact issue and you should look to better balance and tuning in the near future. Again I am sorry if you feel the boss has become too hard but going back to a boss that was far too easy for 80 percent of our user base is not an option. Like I said we will look to continue to tune this boss and have an entire team working on this exact problem.

I hope this answers your questions about raid boss and again thank you for your feedback.

I just spoke to a founder of RK - a top guild - best anyone has ever completed heroic raid boss is 2-3 days - this is consistent with my experience as founder of top ten guild - so where do you get info that most guilds are finishing in a few hours when there is not even one anywhere close? It is this type of deliberate miscommunication that frustrates the users and makes us not trust you.

Perhaps you are referring to normal. First, I highly doubt "most" guilds could finish normal in the old format in a few hours. Second, the total damage of normal is less than 3% of the total required to finish heroic. So anyone finishing heroic must finish normal in a few hours - not 5-6 days.

This makes your response way far off the mark of anything reasonable. Please provide a thoughtful response. Your previous one was posted in the KA founders forum and is generating a lot of discontent.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    please address raid boss - especially the bizarre answer given below.

Quote Originally Posted by Waffleking View Post

Hi Jomama

Thank you for the feedback on crafting. As to address your comments about Raid Boss, most of the guilds have been finishing Raid Boss in hours when it is intended to be a 5-6 day event. I will look at balance but an event that can be finished in a few hours is not a balanced event. I do understand the frustration but we do need to keep rebalancing events that are no longer working as intended. It is extremely difficult to balance for a user base with such different power stats(army power) and we are trying to balance a boss that needs to be challenging for everyone. I am not saying it has been a perfect balance but we will continue to change the event to make sure that everyone can still be challenged by the event.

We have started a specific team that will be looking at fixing this exact issue and you should look to better balance and tuning in the near future. Again I am sorry if you feel the boss has become too hard but going back to a boss that was far too easy for 80 percent of our user base is not an option. Like I said we will look to continue to tune this boss and have an entire team working on this exact problem.

I hope this answers your questions about raid boss and again thank you for your feedback.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just spoke to a founder of RK - a top guild - best anyone has ever completed heroic raid boss is 2-3 days - this is consistent with my experience as founder of top ten guild - so where do you get info that most guilds are finishing in a few hours when there is not even one anywhere close? It is this type of deliberate miscommunication that frustrates the users and makes us not trust you.

Perhaps you are referring to normal. First, I highly doubt "most" guilds could finish normal in the old format in a few hours. Second, the total damage of normal is less than 3% of the total required to finish heroic. So anyone finishing heroic must finish normal in a few hours - not 5-6 days.

This makes your response way far off the mark of anything reasonable. Please provide a thoughtful response. Your previous one was posted in the KA founders forum and is generating a lot of discontent.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Raid boss was a disaster with the 320% increase in health. Outside of the top 3 guilds, I think only 3 others finished it. And that required a lot of help from other guilds. Please consider lowering the Boss' health.

Why a 6 day war? Are you trying to kill us?
    And now that we've been working on our army equipment, it suddenly dosent even matter for this war. And don't even think about telling us that the equipment is still calculated into our Attack and defense stats. 2.4b unit attack plus 100k equipment attack still makes 2.4b Attack. The 100k is insignificant.
    And how about a heads up for the pizes for the war? Still a streak of 62 wins? Still a prize for 40 wins?
    The wins in a row should not be changed, unless the number is lowered. I suppose the 40 wins could be raised, but not to 80. Maybe the 50-60 range. I don't think the guilds will be declaring as often. People do have a life other than Kingdom Age.
    Last edited by Jnsolberg; 02-13-2015 at 10:59 AM.
    Purple Squirrel

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Can you explain the starting pop up banner that says something about due to new buildings the land limit is increased by 20.

Increased from what ?

I didn't know there was a limit.

I assumed that you could fill in the entire area which I think is 12 wide by 16 deep, or 192 squares.

Please try to give more meaningful information in popups.
    KA - Konan of Bloodbath and Beyond - 646-557-670.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Are the chests rewards for the limited time building wrong?
    I have received a shrine chest and next reward also seems to be from the last event set.
    Will they be changed? Have not opened any as they do not correspond to the current anticuary quest.
    Daily player

Post Count
    Epic boss event and lockbox leaderboard event have always gone the same length of time. Please fix this and sync the timer.
    Always looking for more friends please add me

My ally code 582-960-040

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Are there any plans to add any in game chat that actually helps? Even simply creating a separate chat that was outside of the "john" donated 3 orbs section that completely drowns out any chat would be nice. And maybe even a guild forum where we can post information. You know we all use other programs like Line and Kakao but it is a pain to always log out of the game to check for info needed in game, such as during war time. I enjoy the game but everything is just taking more and more time.
    Any thought to change the single boss quests to not allow the extra hit when you have 26 energy and then lowering overall hit points of the boss since it is so time consuming to set 20 minute timers to log in and do this since its the only way to do it for some of us newer ones that don't have the income to pay for the gold needed to so many hits? That way I could log in once every 80 minutes and put in hits, my wife is getting very annoyed at 20 minute timers.

Consistent Contributor [JAG] Ryan's Avatar
    Post Count
    We appreciate your efforts to try some changes and do the game more interesting. However the announcement of a 5/6 day war doesnt make too many people happy. Also the move back to the "old factors" isnt changing things really since all people had enough time to accomodate with the new factors by now.

We were supposed to get another free reset on skill points in January and its still missing out. Any ideas when it will happen?

Also i would recommend to extend the current cycles from 3 to 4 weeks. That would allow you to have an additional week in each cycle which could be used for new events every month. In addition it would take a bit of the stress away and if it is an interesting event i dont see why people will use less gems during a month. This extra week would give you plenty of ideas to bring more attractivity to the game and make it more interesting while you wouldnt need to adapt the other good working and running events which are fun for so many people.

Many thanks
    Ryan
    Fun in Black

Allways looking for good and active players.
    Add me on Kakao. My id is RyanJAG

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    That is a fantastic idea Ryan !!!!!!!!

( 4 week cycle with 1 week for a new event or just some downtime)