GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skill Point Reset!!!

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count

Skill Point Reset!!!

There was talks of a skill point reset in a past ask a developer thread 12/4/14. Do we have a update or time frame when this will be released? Also will this be a one time reset or can we get a gold reset option for this also? Yes I would suggest a high amount of gold for skill point reset after the first free one is given out.

Consistent Contributor Pocos_Peros_Locos's Avatar
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    I curious how this will work seeing as those loot drop items at the time done - it was good to have 100+ atk skill pts, etc - it meant something when the acc kp were out. Now that acc kp mean less, i would love to take those loot drops that bumped up my atk/def pts and pour them into energy or stamina instead

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam@ View Post
    There was talks of a skill point reset in a past ask a developer thread 12/4/14. Do we have a update or time frame when this will be released? Also will this be a one time reset or can we get a gold reset option for this also? Yes I would suggest a high amount of gold for skill point reset after the first free one is given out.
    This would be a good (and long overdue) feature to add. I think it would work well if it were identical to the name change feature, with the first change/reset being free.

50 gold per reset would be reasonable for many reasons.

Firstly, free players, the people who are least likely to make use of this feature, would get a free reset and from then on be limited to use depending on "free" gold, which requires time to "earn" and for which there are many other uses.

Secondly, for those well-off individuals who are likely to be the most frequent users of a skill reset feature, imagine how entertaining it could be to reset skill points essentially at will. While it is probable that these players fight mostly amongst themselves due to rivals list match ups, changing skill points for only a touch more than the cost of an energy refill sounds like an example of a small change making a big difference in the place where it matters most.

Thirdly, moderate spenders may enjoy changing their play style from time to time, for whatever reason. Whatever that reason may be, there are underlying causes. Sometimes it's a desire to change the current game experience. Other times maybe there is a pesky rival that might go away with a little more defense. The number of reasons why someone may like to reset their skill points occasionally is anybody's guess.

One last reason why 50 gold per skill reset would be reasonable, is that this feature should not be so exclusive that the only people to ever use it will be those individuals for whom money is no object. Yes, it does appear that they are the target demographic for freemium games, but the price tag for a reset shouldn't seem cost prohibitive to the general casual gamer. If it costs so much that 99.99% of players might only use it once or twice, it would be unreasonable for Gree to allocate even a single minute into the idea.

Note: skill points tied to items are modifiers and cannot be reset or removed from the item to which they are tied.

Post Count
    Soooooo then.....

Anybody know exactly how Skill Points for A&D work? No.

Why would you want to reset them with no knowledge of what you're doing?

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Attack and defense skill points thought were 10 atk/def each point. I assume that will change when skill points are reset many will dump in energy I have my own plans for skill reset. All energy is something I won't be doing.

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Also I was thinking a bit more gold for a important aspect of the game such as skill points. If Gree changes and goes to more PVP events instead of energy consuming events those who dumped in energy will have a problem. I was thinking more of a Vault per change.

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    The reset was to help balance out the dynamic stats the accomplices were greatly changing. I highly doubt that the skill points will happen now since accomplices won't be used like they should.

Post Count
    The SP calculation is not so simple. There is a "special factor" that GREE won't divulge.

Years ago, some here thought they figured it out, but I think GREE might have changed it since then. CCMark or CJ might have posted it, but good luck finding it.

I really have no idea and loath speculation. I've been playing since CC launched & I like my SP's where they are. Some of us older players have items that gave us Attack SP's. I cannot remember which box event or the reward now, but years ago, I got an item which had +100 Attack SP's. heh, I felt so strong!

I'm wondering, will those SP's attached to rewards be resettable, too, if/when there is a SP reset option?

---------FYI
    I found this regarding SP's, but only GREE knows if it has changed since 2012/13...
    http://forums.gree.net/showthread.ph...t=skill+points
    The word we got on the Skill points is that they are times a specific un-named multiplier that gets added to all of your final boosted stats - then there is the "random" multiplier added or subtracted after ALL that.

For argument's sake: Say your boosted Attack is 50k going up against someone with a boosted defense of 50k.

The attacker has say 90 to attack skill points and lets say the defender has a defense skill point accumulation of 110.

For our example - lets assume the multiplier is 500 - so ADD 45,000 to the attacker and 55,000 to the defender - so NOW the battle stats are 95k attack against 105k Defense

BUT WAIT: Now there is this TOTALLY RANDOM percent wheel that spins independently for each player - so for our example - lets say the attacker gets a -10% and the defender gets a +25%

So for the first battle - the end result is 85,500 attack against 125,125 defense and the defender WINS!

On the second battle - the RANDOM spin yields a + 30% to the attacker and a -20% to the defender for a final battle result of 123,500 and the defender ends up with 84,000 and this time the attacker wins.

THIS is the way i comprehended what Mark told us and my math is off the top of my head so forgive me if I'm off a little - but you get the point that the Skill points DO matter - but there is this "random" multiplier with each and every attack independently for each player that can totally change the end result.

Wheww - now chew on that for a minute and lets see some 5000 character analysis
    And, more info...
    http://forums.gree.net/showthread.ph...t=skill+points
    Last edited by Vile Lynn; 02-13-2015 at 10:53 AM. Reason: CJ* not AJ & added old SP info/links

Lurker
    Post Count
    GREE acommplish told me Ib a support mail that lur skill point attack//defense should gives a boat. It he would let my team know Hmm why I never asked for my team.
    Well idk if it's just a single boost or for each hit.

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Relic or Clementine do you have a update on this? Something we can expect in the near future?

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I'm selling my skill points. Guaranteed to give maximum long lasting effect. Any takers?
    Pagoda no good.

Post Count
    Really mate? What's the asking price per skill point and how can they be transferred? If at all possible, don't see a feature for that. Happy gaming mate.

Post Count
    He was kidding. Happy gaming mate!

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    ttt any word on this mods?

Post Count
    I would reset all my points to Energy. Happy gaming mate.