Update Regarding Accomplices - Page 20

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Update Regarding Accomplices

Post Count
    Hey Maxxxxxxxxxxx. came by to see whats going on with accomplices but i figure nothing

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Babytway View Post
    Hey Maxxxxxxxxxxx. came by to see whats going on with accomplices but i figure nothing
    Remember when they changed the rival's list? We had the largest poll ever on the forum, members were in an uproar, and the mods just sat back, rode it out and waited until we gave up?

Rinse and repeat.

Post Count
    Zander Hicks nevah die!
    -Paul Ringo Wei

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Why is this topic still here? Can a mod please close this? Cuz we will never get an answer anyway, so let's get rid of that last little amount of hope.

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    I want Accomplices in lockbox still
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr3g View Post
    [rewards] *snip*

And I'm not even a mod
    Click here, It's something really cool

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Having all my accomplices in inventory is incredible. It's like having cherished heirlooms stashed away, to maybe pass on one day as a deeply rooted history for times of past. Accomplices are number one in my book. Greatest investment ever.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    The irony about this thread still being here is that it was started by GREE itself, and stickied by a moderator for months...until we got used to seeing it every time we visited the forum like a pizza thrown on your roof in the Arizona sun that you can't get down. Finally they un-stickied it just recently and it created new interest (at least for me) since they seemingly didn't ever really update anything about them, besides removing their effects in game.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by GREE Official Updates View Post
    Attention Crime Lords!

Exciting update: Beginning with the Duel for the Deuces Battle for Empire City, Accomplices will no longer factor into battle calculations. Though all Accomplices you've recruited will still remain in your inventory, battle calculations will be calculated using only Mafia Stats. We hope you enjoy the classic Battle for Empire City and build the strongest Mafia to dominate and defeat your enemies! More details to come on how Accomplices will be used to enhance your Mafia.
    When will these "more details be coming exactly?"

Consistent Contributor JakeCullen's Avatar
    Post Count
    Hmm...what if it happens to crime city also? http://forums.gree.net/showthread.ph...ing-April-16th
    Face it, I'm hotter and colder than you. :-)

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty McPurr View Post
    The irony about this thread still being here is that it was started by GREE itself, and stickied by a moderator for months...until we got used to seeing it every time we visited the forum like a pizza thrown on your roof in the Arizona sun that you can't get down. Finally they un-stickied it just recently and it created new interest (at least for me) since they seemingly didn't ever really update anything about them, besides removing their effects in game.
    I tried watching that show. Horribly depressing; I hated seeing him go from a good guy to someone that just made me sick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    You're not playing the game anymore, son. The game is playing you, and not only is it winning, it's kicking your ass.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeCullen View Post
    Hmm...what if it happens to crime city also? http://forums.gree.net/showthread.ph...ing-April-16th
    Relic and/or Clementine told us numerous times that CC is NOT shutting down.

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeronimo View Post
    they also said they were going to do something with accomplices. it's been a few months now so don't hold your breath.

Post Count
    Honestly, why would they say anything otherwise?

This "freemium" business model that app based gaming companies use (not just Gree) has been a real eye opener in the 5 or so short years these things have become popular. We have seen money wasted on games that shut down (all the money is wasted, actually), people spending more in a month than an entire home system would cost just for temporary bragging rights, clear cases on gambling addiction and to be charitable, many many cases of OCB. I think millions of people have learned their lesson.

I also think suggesting that a temporary failed strategy such as the Accomplice program means the game will be shutting down is not very well thought out. That is a knee jerk reaction and shows about as little thought as the Accomplice program did in the first place. The game will shut down when people quit spending enough to support it, same as any other business, not because their designers created an idiotic element to the game. Given how often events happen in this game (does anybody even attack or rob anymore?), we will know about the shutdown long before they officially announce it.

Post Count
    You're adorable.

Post Count
    It is nice to know that Crime City will never, ever shut down.