Soldier Equipment - Page 5

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Soldier Equipment

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Here I thought online gambling was a big waste of time. Opps, my mistake, this just became a new niche market of games called "online war gambling"!

Lurker
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    It seems a lot like the "coke/new coke" marketing scheme years ago. They release pure crap and make us beg for the original product that was going down hill any ways. This way, it can still be full of glitches, lost gold, severe lag, impossible missions to complete without mortgaging the house, form letter customer service, and communication that makes smoke signals seem like a fiber optic connection. But we will be happier with the new/old crap, because they sifted the peanuts out of it before cramming it back down our throats.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

Banned
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Preacher Wolf View Post
    Attually you are wrong. Gree can't advertise something and then after people spent time and money on it and then change it for what it was originally intended for.
    The only thing they advertised for sale was fake Gree gold. They gave fake gree gold.

Can you show me anywhere, the advertised price for any single piece of equipment? Be it in legal tender, or fake Gree gold? Didn't think so.

So you used your non-legal tender fake Gree gold to get health packs, or energy refills, or whatever in the game which you got and used to finish an event. And at the end of the event you got the little fake sunglasses that were the reward for finishing it.

Tell me now, where did Gree sell you something different than what was advertised? Because the only legal transaction that took place, was buying that gold. Everything else was just a pretend function of the game. But even then, you still got exactly what you "paid" for at each step.

So now those fake sunglasses have no value to you. Neither does my Kodachrome now that there are no chemicals left to develop it. It might be wrong, it might be underhanded even, but it's not illegal.

Caveat Emptor

Lurker
    Post Count
    This is madness.

Equipment was never the problem. Equipment or not, it was the bass-ackwards battle calculation formula with defender's attack vs. attackers defense stats as a part of it that was the main source of everyone's frustration, making the battle outcome hard to predict: this part of the formula combined with wildly disproportional plain old Army Atk/Def ratios across the game was screwing everyone up (you could beat someone's defense by a substantial margin, and still lose on "counterattack" because your opponents attack could be 4x your own defense). Once Gree got rid of that part of the calculation in the last WD, battle outcomes became once again predictable, with the equipment stats playing just the part they were supposed to, adding a new dimension to the game and all that, but Gree didn't even bother to announce this fact to the players.

At this stage, leaving the game logic as-is (with equipment stats but without dedender's attack vs your defense) and clearly communicating the change to the player base would be enough to keep most everyone happy! But getting rid of equipment now makes absolutely no sense, this is basically throwing out the baby with the bath water. Not to mention a giant FU to everyone who's been spending gold on LTQs to get the equipment just to stay competitive over the last couple months...

Yay Gree
    Last edited by c0t0d0s0; 02-13-2015 at 08:26 AM.

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by snozuloz View Post
    Looks like gree has another employee right here. How about they got rid of it when we all asked for it. Not after 3 months of putting equip items out for us to chase and use gold to get.
    I'm no employee, it just doesn't make sense to complain about something for 3 months to get rid of something, then when they do, you complain because they did exactly what you wanted.

If you're in the middle of a LTQ that's loaded with items you don't want or need, then don't do the LTQ. And if you do, then don't complain about it afterwards. Nobody made you use gold to get items you no longer need or want. It was your choice and yours alone.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by c0t0d0s0 View Post
    This is madness.

Equipment was never the problem. Equipment or not, it was the bass-ackwards battle calculation formula with defender's attack vs. attackers defense stats as a part of it that was the main source of everyone's frustration, making the battle outcome hard to predict: this part of the formula combined with wildly disproportional plain old Army Atk/Def ratios across the game was screwing everyone up (you could beat someone's defense by a substantial margin, and still lose on "counterattack" because your opponents attack could be 4x your own defense). Once Gree got rid of that part of the calculation in the last WD, battle outcomes became once again predictable, with the equipment stats playing just the part they were supposed to, adding a new dimension to the game and all that, but Gree didn't even bother to announce this fact to the players.

At this stage, leaving the game logic as-is (with equipment stats but without dedender's attack vs your defense) and clearly communicating the change to the player base would be enough to keep most everyone happy! But getting rid of equipment now makes absolutely no sense, this is basically throwing out the baby with the bath water. Not to mention a giant FU to everyone who's been spending gold on LTQs to get the equipment just to stay competitive over the last couple months...

Yay Gree
    Post of the day

Banned
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    The day is still young. But a contender for sure.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by c0t0d0s0 View Post
    This is madness.

Yay Gree
    Exactly!! The battle mechanic introduced in 5.0 was so confusing to the masses that they thought it was the equipment that was making them lose, when really it was the turn-based counter attack in 99% of situations. But since the release of equipment and the "hero" elements were coupled with the introduction of a turn-based mechanic with a weighted, sliding-scale average for each category, both for the attack and the counter-attack, many people blamed the equipment for their failed attacks. Introducing turn-based math into a game that previously was a simple greater-than / less-than mechanic was bound to stir up a big mess. A few people figured it out. Cody even had docbot sorted to implement it, but they pulled it now just as the dust is settling enough for the player base to settle in. So now, the tsunami wave of frustration just heads back the other way instead of settling into a rhythm.
    Last edited by Kefa; 02-13-2015 at 09:58 AM.
    Navy SEALs (Warring Since Brazil): 133-849-473
    Militia SEALs 361-119-847

Join Today: https://groupme.com/join_group/9814509/FAHfEU
    You are not out of the fight!
    Courage - Loyalty - Honor

Banned
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by AHH View Post
    This is spot on!

If I were Apple, then this is what you'd hear from me when requesting a refund.
    That I'm not so sure about though. From a legal standpoint, it's all most likely legit. But from a customer service standpoint, it's a flaming nightmare. If Walmart insists on selling crap that people constantly return, it's up to Walmart to either see to it the vendor improves the quality so returns are reduced, or drop the vendor from their shelves. The same goes for apple.

None of that however should be an excuse to not do your homework first, and continually buy junk products from junk suppliers. Buy the good stuff from the good dealers, and avoid the headache in the first place.

Banned
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Aaa-firmative.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Relic View Post
    I'll be sure to pass along your questions to the development team so they can hopefully answer them all when the info is available.
    Is there a development team? Are you sure? What are they developping?

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by MW Flake View Post
    That I'm not so sure about though. From a legal standpoint, it's all most likely legit. But from a customer service standpoint, it's a flaming nightmare. If Walmart insists on selling crap that people constantly return, it's up to Walmart to either see to it the vendor improves the quality so returns are reduced, or drop the vendor from their shelves. The same goes for apple.

None of that however should be an excuse to not do your homework first, and continually buy junk products from junk suppliers. Buy the good stuff from the good dealers, and avoid the headache in the first place.
    Well said. I don't agree with most of the complaining much on here but thought a valid point there.

We have all been screwed over by GREE at some point. I feel sorry for both sides on this. GREE for lack of communication to everyone, on what the plans are. I thought something would have been mentioned via GREE to the community on this.
    And when will ppl learn that spending loads of cash chasing something will be useless in time to come. I have been there myself and learned the hard way.

No doubt GREE will bring something in to make use of the items. Its all to do with the wording. And no doubt they will screw it up again lol
    If GREE could get an icon for worst developers instead of best developer, I reckon GREE would be a big contender for it via android

Verbose Veteran good gawd noooo's Avatar
    Post Count
    gree dropped the equip on us without warning and it totally changed the dynamic of game . Many including myself had to focus on farming equipment. I have among the highest equipment stats for avatar and equip overall in my faction. Yet I am actually thrilled that they are (although temporarily) returning to the original format for battles. That is the style of play and game I feel in love with that is what has kept me tapping for 3 years. Yes it sucks that I wasted a ton of gold to get equipment but I was happy with how it was before equipment. Making this game more complicated isn't the answer to increasing sales. Since equipment came into play many long term players have left and I have been debating leaving as well. I like the simple play and the logical steps to take to make a strong account. adding in all these lil twist (even if mathematical) make it even more or a labour instead of relaxing simple amusement. They should also reduce the amount of events as well since as many have posted this is no longer a game it is a part time job that you have to pay to work at. Personally I am VERY happy to see equipment go away and I hope it is permanent. If only to make gree players happy they can always offer an exchange of one gold per point so if your equip value is 600/600 you get 1200 free gold. wont be as much as it cost but would be a gesture of apology

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    That's hilarious... Chasing equipment for nothing... Nice move Gree