Bye-bye accomplices - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bye-bye accomplices

Community Manager
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleazy_P_Martini View Post
    I just read this thread http://forums.gree.net/announcement.php?f=14 and saw no mention of what you are referring to. While some of the language is purposely vague to cover a wide range of topics, I see nothing specific to what you are mentioning. Can you show me this code of conduct you speak of so I may familiarize myself in the future?
    I see what you're referring to - there isn't a mention of naming and shaming in the general code of conduct. I'll make sure that it's added, as it should be there since there is an infraction for it on the backend. Thanks for calling this to my attention.

Let's get back on topic and bring code of conduct questions to Clementine or me via PM.

Thank you.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    You are coming down with an awfully heavy hand Relic. Did you not expect people to be hot and expect some answers from apparently the only face from Gree who has a presence in this forum? No one has said anything that anyone with thicker skin than a teenager could handle. Please use some common sense in dealing with the community, especially when something like yanking the accomplices will cause people to go absolutely bat sh_t crazy.

Community Manager
    Post Count
    Hi,

It's not appropriate to name someone on this forum in any way that can shame them, including moderators and GREE staff. If sentiment is that someone should be fired, well, it is unfortunate -- but to name that individual in that context, whether intended or not, is opening them up to shaming.

As the announcement says, there will be new information on the topic of accomplices coming soon. I'll let the development team know your questions and concerns so they can hopefully be addressed when the information is available.

Thank you.

Articulate Author Thatkidyouknow's Avatar
    Post Count
    So either a lot of gold for every account in the game or 200k raw stats for each accomplice attack/defense point. Your move GREE.
    I run my own gaming community. We may not make as much as gree, but our players are a wee bit happier.

Post Count
    Sorry Relic, perhaps I came off with a bad impression. It's just that the company you work for has a history of making poor decisions, and you being the only staff member to ever show up in a couple months after probably their biggest one yet.. you're being caught in the crossfire.
    Double Negative is always recruiting. T10
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34FoTYwwlIQ
    Line id: evan1000

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    If Gree actually does "get rid of" accomplices, I'd be perfectly content just pretending that whole giant mistake never happened.

It happened to all of us at the same time, for the same amount of time. Compensation isn't really called for in that sense.

Maybe the old "here's 250 gold, sorry we suck" would be nice though. Haven't seen that in quite some time.

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Just asking for more communication from a developer stand point I think it would bring more fun and revenue. Give us the chance to vote on certain aspects of the game. I understand players can't have there hands in everything but some player input would be great. Example Let's say you all have a few buildings planned for the next LTB put them out to vote along with a few different prizes with them. Let us chose a prize for a event stuff like that is what I was referring to.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Relic View Post
    Hi,

It's not appropriate to name someone on this forum in any way that can shame them, including moderators and GREE staff. If sentiment is that someone should be fired, well, it is unfortunate -- but to name that individual in that context, whether intended or not, is opening them up to shaming.

As the announcement says, there will be new information on the topic of accomplices coming soon. I'll let the development team know your questions and concerns so they can hopefully be addressed when the information is available.

Thank you.
    Yes you are right, but at the same time people are not going to be happy about what they currently see as wasting money....

The reason they are unhappy is that what is going to be done instead has not been said....

It should of gone we are sorry to say we are removing acomplsis due to feedback.... Here is our solution to the issue to compensate the players......

That way people wouldnt be going mad and FLOODING apple and google

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    This change is a bait and switch.

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Let's at least respect the fact Relic is answering and responding to forums. Took this long for these forums to actually be taken seriously by Gree. I do think people are tired of the vague language Gree historically uses and the community would like clear standards for how you expect us to act.

Lurker
    Post Count
    I'm glad they're doing away with them they're a pain to deal with I just wish they made this events less longer lets go back to the regular 3 day battle and 2 day SA we all have lives besides game and gree seems to forget this

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by abnugget View Post
    Question: Do people have a problem with Accomplices because of the crazy algorithm that places such a dependence on them? And because of the fact that there is an unfair balance placed upon the accomplices stats compared to our raw att/ def stats? Or do people have a problem with the idea of adding a new way to gain power? My biggest issue is that my raw att/def stats seem to mean nothing anymore; last two wars I lost to people 50 million less attack than me which is insane. But I love the idea of having a new attainable stat to play for. I guess my point is it's nice to have something new to play for but the algorithm is so unfair because of the new balance of stats.

Welp... New sticky answers it all. Lol
    Very good point. Here is my opinion...

Relic, Clementine would you mind communicating this to the appropriate teams please:

I don't think the whole idea of accomplices was bad... As abnugget suggested, I think having a new way to gain power was a neat idea, however, Gree, you handled it HORRIBLY from a few angles:

1- The algorithm was put into effect too sudden, resulting in the effect of mafia stats practically be cut into half overnight, which made many ppl unhappy. There should have been a transition, i.e. introduce accomplices, explain what they are, add them as rewards of events so ppl start collecting them for a while, before suddenly switching the algorithms... and not 50% weight all of a sudden either. You should have introduced a gradual increase in their pvp weight. this transition should have been done over several months with proper announcements, clear roadmaps, timelines, etc.

2- WITH THE SAME UPDATE that pushed the new algorithm, you should have implemented a way for us to see the stats of all 3 parameters, and a way to predict the outcome of a pvp. This uncertainty was the main reason many ppl stopped robbing and attacking.

3- Why did you make this change at the same time as the change that brought attacker's def and defender's att into play? Again not a bad idea, but too much change in too little time was a really bad strategy...

Now to compensate all you bad moves, you are making yet another bad move by removing them altogether...

Community Manager
    Post Count
    Just to reiterate what the announcement states: Accomplices won't be removed from the game, they will still remain in your inventory.

They are not going away. The stats you've invested in via Accomplices will be used in a meaningful manner in a feature to be announced in the future.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Just to reiterate what the announcement states: Accomplices won't be removed from the game, they will still remain in your inventory.

They are not going away. The stats you've invested in via Accomplices will be used in a meaningful manner in a feature to be announced in the future.
    So this is a I.O.U.?
    We will have to wait until you decide what to use the accomplices for?
    I would never have bought those things if they were only for special occasions.
    Always Famous......

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

So what you are really saying is YOU don't know either!

Did you read my post above, Relic? That's your problem right there. Did you (I mean Gree, not you personally Relic) learn nothing from your mistakes with accomplices? Players don't want to be surprised. You want to surprise us? fine- do it with a surprise box event; but changing such a major aspect of the game should be planned for well in advance. You should have a clear strategy and communicate it with us... EARLY, and clearly.

Stop making such major decisions overnight. Think long term! Why not have a roadmap (for major changes of course, not for details of little events) for at least the next year? And communicate that with your players. That's the way to go...

I would normally charge for my advice but hey now you got it for free!