How can we improve crafting? - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How can we improve crafting?

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Wafflekong said MOST - so clearly not referring to isolated extreme instances - the very first raid boss was very easy.

Fact is, in the past many cycles before it was changed, it was taking top guilds 2-3 days - not hours. I really want to see what waffle was thinking - my guess is he does not realize that normal is such a small percentage of Heroic - that's the most generous explanation I can conceive of.
    Last edited by Jomama1; 02-13-2015 at 03:09 PM.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Waffleking View Post
    Hi Jomama

Thank you for the feedback on crafting. As to address your comments about Raid Boss, most of the guilds have been finishing Raid Boss in hours when it is intended to be a 5-6 day event. I will look at balance but an event that can be finished in a few hours is not a balanced event. I do understand the frustration but we do need to keep rebalancing events that are no longer working as intended. It is extremely difficult to balance for a user base with such different power stats(army power) and we are trying to balance a boss that needs to be challenging for everyone. I am not saying it has been a perfect balance but we will continue to change the event to make sure that everyone can still be challenged by the event.

We have started a specific team that will be looking at fixing this exact issue and you should look to better balance and tuning in the near future. Again I am sorry if you feel the boss has become too hard but going back to a boss that was far too easy for 80 percent of our user base is not an option. Like I said we will look to continue to tune this boss and have an entire team working on this exact problem.

I hope this answers your questions about raid boss and again thank you for your feedback.
    Waffle:

Not certain where that hours time frame came from. I've played in teams from 1st to the hundreds. I also host the founders chat. I've never seen ANY guild finish hrb in hours. While I understand that it's become perhaps a tad too easy, increasing the difficulty by 300% is absurd.

Please take a look and perhaps reduce it to a slightly more reasonable increase over the boss prior to the most recent. Make it challenging but not impossible for anyone outside of t10 to finish.

You continue to disenfranchise more and more players by the day.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    The other subtle thing you miss - while top ten guilds could finish in 2-3 days - all of a sudden top 25/50 guilds could finish in 5-6 days. They started organizing and gemming - extending your group of gemmers - until you killed it last time. Please look at your data - something is wrong.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    most of the guilds have been finishing Raid Boss in hours when it is intended to be a 5-6 day event.
    Waffleking, that is a flat out lie. What guilds finish heroic in a few hours? Name one.
    NO MORE 6 DAY WARS!!!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by E-I View Post
    Waffleking, that is a flat out lie. What guilds finish heroic in a few hours? Name one.
    Waffleking you must be speaking of normal mode not
    Heroic right?

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    And if Normal you must finish in a few hours to do heroic.

I would like to believe that rather than lying you are actually just not that familiar with the game to understand these distinctions. Sort of tragic. Do you ever play? How many guilds could you name without looking them up? DO you have any idea what a vibrant user community exists in the other chat apps? We all talk and work together and make deals. Sometimes it feels like we no more about the game than you do. That feeds our frustration.

So please take the time and figure this out and understand. You have lost a lot of credibility by doubling down on an absurd statement. (you can do the math with average Fa's and realize that is not feasible)

And please rethink the 6 day war. Most founders are now dealing wiith a wave of folks ready to quit over this. Better prizes make it worse as folks them feel compelled to do more than their real life allows. I cant imagine you want to continue to shrink your user base. Get to know us and listen - we love this game.

Post Count
    How about. Being able to craft items that we can purchase for our army. Currently there is only 1 of each helm, boots, and artifact that can be purchased to complete the 1575 items we need for our army. It would be nice to have choices like the other categories i.e. armor, wepons ect... And being able to craft them would be a start.
    Stop giving out chests as prizes

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    In my opinion the number one thing to improve crafting.... Get rid of the wait time, it is already tedious as heck, why make us wait 2 hours 40 minutes, blah blah, we just want to craft when we have spare time to sit down and do it, not to mention the popups when we first log in saying an item is ready lagging my iphone for a minute, and if a scratcher shows up at the same time it is like 2 minutes lag. And paying a huge amount of gems to speed it up is idiotic for lack of a better word. You guys are making great changes to the game, but trying to get us to fork out a bunch of cash for crafting is not one of them. Please remove the timers, let us craft when we want to, not just as an after thought.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnsolberg View Post
    I agree with all those points. Also all the gem items are priced too high. Let's say I need an Iron ore. I can buy a Bronze ore for 10 gems, wait 5 hours and repeat 9 more times. 100 gems and 50+ hours to get that Iron ore.

No thanks! Change it to 1-2 gems, or to gold or honor and make crafting time minutes instead of hours.

Instead of giving us all these Dead Wood Crates as rewards for EB and RB with the basic materials in them, how about giving us some of the better Crates? Feather Wood Crates and Bramble Wood Crates.

And of course give us better items to craft.

I'm sure that every player in Kingdom Age is only interested in crafting items that help his or her Hero. We just don't care about armor and weapons that won't equip on the Hero.

Even better, instead of buying basic materials, we need buildings that produce them for us. An ore smelter, a new lumber mill, a tannery, a cloth factory. That way we will use crafting more if we have lots of materials!
    I really like the idea of being able to build bd have buildings that produce materials ....what a great suggestion! Also, crafting items need to be better than the armor & weapons that can be purchased in the store with separate selections specifically for the hero.

Post Count
    -The ability to craft and item that will give a bonus
    Then being able to forge that bonus with and existing weapon or armour

- shorter building times.

- More items to craft.

- Limited time crafts (with bonuses)

Oh, and chests should have an open all button on the dead wood crates.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

Raid boss

Hi Jomama

Thank you for the feedback on crafting. As to address your comments about Raid Boss, most of the guilds have been finishing Raid Boss in hours when it is intended to be a 5-6 day event. I will look at balance but an event that can be finished in a few hours is not a balanced event. I do understand the frustration but we do need to keep rebalancing events that are no longer working as intended. It is extremely difficult to balance for a user base with such different power stats(army power) and we are trying to balance a boss that needs to be challenging for everyone. I am not saying it has been a perfect balance but we will continue to change the event to make sure that everyone can still be challenged by the event.

We have started a specific team that will be looking at fixing this exact issue and you should look to better balance and tuning in the near future. Again I am sorry if you feel the boss has become too hard but going back to a boss that was far too easy for 80 percent of our user base is not an option. Like I said we will look to continue to tune this boss and have an entire team working on this exact problem.

I hope this answers your questions about raid boss and again thank you for your feedback.

The ONLY guilds who finish in "hours" would be the top 2 or 3 guilds! And even They don't finish in hours!

Your ridiculous Waffleking aka Tadaaa...

Plus I read In an article that gree lost money last quarter and 20 games are on the chopping block as well

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    back on topic, please remove timers from crafting. Just like more and more of us, I play multi characters since some have been quitting (they are my own made characters) It is soooo boring to pick an item just to wait for it, I am out of the ingredients to keep making more, but have supplies to make bigger items, copper ore to iron ore, etc. But the wait time is such a chore. The last 2 days in game, there is not much going on, a great time to log in and go to town on crafting if not for wait times. And please get rid of gem cost for things like epic boots, when they take 2 regular boots and other resources to make and 125 gems for a barely better item than the non epic, I have almost accidentally clicked it a few times. I don't spend money on the game to make that stuff.
    And one more thing, I have spent time making 10 wood for the 2nd level chests, just to make a chest and open it to get 3 wood, taking a loss of the 100 deadwood I used to make the 10 wood to make the chest. Gives a guy a sick feeling to have wasted all that time.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

Thoughts on Revamp

Hello Kingdom Age players

We are working on a huge revamp to crafting and we wanted to create a thread that allows our player base to provide us feedback on how we can add more value to our crafting system. Please post your constructive feeback in this thread. Thank you
    1) solve the crafting to increase hero weapons
    2) don't raise epic boss strength until you fix number one.

P.S. Don't want to overload the programmers as it might be to confusing for them!

Consistent Contributor Sandhawk's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Metsrock9931 View Post
    1) solve the crafting to increase hero weapons
    2) don't raise epic boss strength until you fix number one.

P.S. Don't want to overload the programmers as it might be to confusing for them!
    Too late. Programmer's minds already blown...
    KA - ✠ Southern Dutch Knights 769-614-822
    CC - 🔫 Old Retired Gangsters 980-215-010
    MW - 🌎Maverick 196-547-849

Stop giving out chests. Nobody wants a chest as a prize.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    At this point crafting is pretty much a waste of time. Why spend 20-30 hours trying to craft an epic item when you can attack someone a dozen times and get one? And for most players, any equipment you craft is going to be a downgrade of what you already have equipped. Even if Gree releases new items for the crafting shop they will be out-dated in two months. The developers aren't going to update the inventory every few weeks because they want people to do events (and gem) for rewards. The crafting shop is doomed to the same fate of uselessness as all of your unit buildings.
    NO MORE 6 DAY WARS!!!