How can we improve crafting? - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How can we improve crafting?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I would agree that the crafting rewards aren't particularly encouraging to pursue. Even as a player with pretty average stats I've already maximised the equipment possible through crafting for my hero. Creating better equipment for my army is a VERY slow process and it's much quicker to gain through PvE anyway.

I hate to mention another game, but Boom Beach has a good 'crafting' method. You make statues that give various boosts and there are three types (small, medium, large). You can reclaim the smaller ones to make bigger ones and find the materials to make them through PvE or PvP activity. This bigger statues ('Masterpieces') give a nice boost, but they take ages to make. Look at your artefacts and think similar. Make artefacts that give a (small) boost, make enough artefacts then you can recycle them for a unique material to make larger/better artefacts - and so on.

I get that equipment was intended as a way of reclaiming some of the imbalance in the game, but it's not really working. Maybe you could encourage more crafting if you made it worthwhile to do so

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Right now, crafting is pointless. The times to craft upgraded equipment, the amount of money it takes to speed up or buy stuff, and the pathetic stats of the equipment is a major turn off. Really, it's a way to frustrate players instead of help them. Remove the feature, apologize, and move on to fixing RB and EB. Oh, and don't forget to remove the crates, nobody likes them.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Waffleking View Post
    Hello Plavine

Let me look into this and thank you for posting you and your guilds issue. Would you mind posting your player id or the name of your guild here?

Thanks,
    The barbarians 962626048- but our only issue was that the boss was too hard
    Oh while I have your attention - any thought on orbs carrying over from event to event

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Hi Jomama

Thank you for the feedback on crafting. As to address your comments about Raid Boss, most of the guilds have been finishing Raid Boss in hours when it is intended to be a 5-6 day event. I will look at balance but an event that can be finished in a few hours is not a balanced event. I do understand the frustration but we do need to keep rebalancing events that are no longer working as intended. It is extremely difficult to balance for a user base with such different power stats(army power) and we are trying to balance a boss that needs to be challenging for everyone. I am not saying it has been a perfect balance but we will continue to change the event to make sure that everyone can still be challenged by the event.

We have started a specific team that will be looking at fixing this exact issue and you should look to better balance and tuning in the near future. Again I am sorry if you feel the boss has become too hard but going back to a boss that was far too easy for 80 percent of our user base is not an option. Like I said we will look to continue to tune this boss and have an entire team working on this exact problem.

I hope this answers your questions about raid boss and again thank you for your feedback.

We realize that your trying to balance the raid boss, but it really doesn't feel like it. For the top 25ish guilds, it may have been a little more difficult, but it's doable. For the rest of the player base, it's impossible, unless we wanted to blow thousands of dollars for a paltry unit.

Perhaps you should look into tiers because the balancing act has overbalanced and killed off another fun part of KA. Now we just have PvP to look forward to.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I would like to point out with the changes made to PVP, you've made crafting almost meaningless. Why would I craft anything now that I can just attack random rivals and win multiple Epic Wizard Robes, Epic Shaman Hoods, and Epic Soldier Boots. This complete trivializes the effort/time/gems spent in getting these items through crafting.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    My take on this,

Explain the purpose of crafting. I see no in game help on this, and I say that because not ever player visits the forums. Some of our quild might, and pass on tips, but that still does not mean every player in our guild knows what goes on, they might check chat less frequently and any tips have already gone off the bottom of the list.

Most of the craftable items now have "red" numbers, so what is the point ?

Raising the building level might help, but I would suggest raise it one level at a time every war cycle. If you introduce every thing too fast, the top (or big spender) players just get there quickly and then the lower players struggle to keep up, feeling left out which means less fun. Introduce new items to lower levels (eg, slowly keep raising the top item in each level) and add a level every cycle would keep it interesting.

Add more items that need lower items crafted, like some of the robes require a lower robe, not just the raw materials.
    KA - Konan of Bloodbath and Beyond - 646-557-670.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    > Thank you for the feedback on crafting. As to address your comments about Raid Boss, most of the guilds have been finishing Raid Boss in hours when it is intended to be a 5-6 day event. I will look at balance but an event that can be finished in a few hours is not a balanced event.

What guild could finish heroic raid boss in a few hours? not even RK could do that, Please provide a single example of this.

If you are talking about normal, then that is the required pace for completing heroic within the timeframe. You are well aware that nornal is only a few percentage points of required total.

So what is your point???????

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    > Thank you for the feedback on crafting. As to address your comments about Raid Boss, most of the guilds have been finishing Raid Boss in hours when it is intended to be a 5-6 day event. I will look at balance but an event that can be finished in a few hours is not a balanced event.

What guild could finish heroic raid boss in a few hours? not even RK could do that, Please provide a single example of this.

If you are talking about normal, then that is the required pace for completing heroic within the timeframe. You are well aware that nornal is only a few percentage points of required total.

So what is your point???????

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jomama1 View Post
    > Thank you for the feedback on crafting. As to address your comments about Raid Boss, most of the guilds have been finishing Raid Boss in hours when it is intended to be a 5-6 day event. I will look at balance but an event that can be finished in a few hours is not a balanced event. <

I'd like to know, too, but I think Waffleking was referring to some very old data when we all used the multi-kill RB glitch. One guild bragged about killing a L100 RB and getting credit for 8 kills. Since the glitch was fixed, no guild has finished "in hours." (sorry, OT)

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Hi Jomama

Thank you for the feedback on crafting. As to address your comments about Raid Boss, most of the guilds have been finishing Raid Boss in hours when it is intended to be a 5-6 day event. I will look at balance but an event that can be finished in a few hours is not a balanced event. I do understand the frustration but we do need to keep rebalancing events that are no longer working as intended. It is extremely difficult to balance for a user base with such different power stats(army power) and we are trying to balance a boss that needs to be challenging for everyone. I am not saying it has been a perfect balance but we will continue to change the event to make sure that everyone can still be challenged by the event.

We have started a specific team that will be looking at fixing this exact issue and you should look to better balance and tuning in the near future. Again I am sorry if you feel the boss has become too hard but going back to a boss that was far too easy for 80 percent of our user base is not an option. Like I said we will look to continue to tune this boss and have an entire team working on this exact problem.

I hope this answers your questions about raid boss and again thank you for your feedback.

I just spoke to a founder of RK - a top guild - best anyone has ever completed heroic raid boss is 2-3 days - this is consistent with my experience as founder of top ten guild - so where do you get info that most guilds are finishing in a few hours when there is not even one anywhere close? It is this type of deliberate miscommunication that frustrates the users and makes us not trust you.

Perhaps you are referring to normal. First, I highly doubt "most" guilds could finish normal in the old format in a few hours. Second, the total damage of normal is less than 3% of the total required to finish heroic. So anyone finishing heroic must finish normal in a few hours - not 5-6 days.

This makes your response way far off the mark of anything reasonable. Please provide a thoughtful response. Your previous one was posted in the KA founders forum and is generating a lot of discontent.
    Last edited by Jomama1; 02-13-2015 at 10:18 AM.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    The HRB balance could probably use some tweaking - but tripling without notice was just cruel. Please tell us that it will not be more difficult this time and perhaps a little easier.

Also please address the 6 day war. The vast majority do not want this and more are quitting. So why are you doing it? Please change it back.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    And even with the glitch I don't think anyone finished HRB in a few hours.

Show is the data if you have it please...

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count

Must say nice hijack of a topic and got gree to go along too. Thought it was about crafting and how they could improve it, but now it seems it's about the raid boss.
    I don't think he was talking about the heroic being done in a few hours..I am sure he was referring to the normal part.
    But they did alter all and not just part of the event.
    Daily player

Post Count

I thought the original FUN guild finished in a few hours on some of the very, VERY early RB events, but I wasn't there for all of them. I heard rumors that RK finished on the first day, too, but that was from using the MK glitch.
    No blaming here: it's in the past. Like I said, we ALL exploited that glitch if we could. It was fun while it lasted!
    Heh, nobody in FUN liked hearing RK finished RB before them! Those were the days!

Waffleking's statement makes me worry IF the development team is using old/bad data to make events more challenging... no wonder why events are unreasonably evolving way past player's gemming abilities. KWIM?

(oops, sorry for more OT)

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I have sat and crafted everything I could with the items I have (the better items) I play 5 characters, out of 4 of them, I made 2 epic gauntlets each for them out of 13 tries so 8/13. My main character has finally made one on his 15th try. Please make this more likely and less random. My lowest character has made all epic items almost first try except the armor since he is under level 125. And why a level cap on the armor? I don't mind crafting the boots/helms/artifacts since there are none to farm/buy but can you please do a drop down so we can queue like 25 at a time, and not just one and have it lag for 3 minutes when it pops up that our item is ready. Please increase the basic armor stats since they are not worth the time and effort when for 14k you can buy better equipment. Every item should be better than the best buyable (with gold) items in my opinion.