DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How can we improve crafting?

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count

How can we improve crafting?

Hello Kingdom Age players

We are working on a huge revamp to crafting and we wanted to create a thread that allows our player base to provide us feedback on how we can add more value to our crafting system. Please post your constructive feeback in this thread. Thank you

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Step 1 would be increase the level the crafting building can be upgraded to. Either that, or just add more items to what can be crafted.

Step 2 would be (either when we upgrade to lvl 10 or now) to add useful items. While I know we can craft armor and weapons and artifacts for our army, I am willing to guess that the grand majority (myself included) would only craft something if it helped our hero, was an increase to an already equiped item.

Step 3 would be to have some of the materials you have given out actually have use. I don't have exact names but there are some neon/funky color materials in very high profile chests (i.e. top 300 indiv in war or 500+ indiv wins, etc), something named like a dragon hide for example that is floresent purple (just using an example). So we spent gems to get 500+ wins in war, we finished top 300 individually, we get this chest, we open it to get 3x dragon hides for crafting....and they are useless. There are no items to craft using that. It doesn't even exist in the crafting "workshop". Well...thanks smh

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMode...on View Post
    Step 1 would be increase the level the crafting building can be upgraded to. Either that, or just add more items to what can be crafted.

Step 2 would be (either when we upgrade to lvl 10 or now) to add useful items. While I know we can craft armor and weapons and artifacts for our army, I am willing to guess that the grand majority (myself included) would only craft something if it helped our hero, was an increase to an already equiped item.

Step 3 would be to have some of the materials you have given out actually have use. I don't have exact names but there are some neon/funky color materials in very high profile chests (i.e. top 300 indiv in war or 500+ indiv wins, etc), something named like a dragon hide for example that is floresent purple (just using an example). So we spent gems to get 500+ wins in war, we finished top 300 individually, we get this chest, we open it to get 3x dragon hides for crafting....and they are useless. There are no items to craft using that. It doesn't even exist in the crafting "workshop". Well...thanks smh
    I agree with all those points. Also all the gem items are priced too high. Let's say I need an Iron ore. I can buy a Bronze ore for 10 gems, wait 5 hours and repeat 9 more times. 100 gems and 50+ hours to get that Iron ore.

No thanks! Change it to 1-2 gems, or to gold or honor and make crafting time minutes instead of hours.

Instead of giving us all these Dead Wood Crates as rewards for EB and RB with the basic materials in them, how about giving us some of the better Crates? Feather Wood Crates and Bramble Wood Crates.

And of course give us better items to craft.

I'm sure that every player in Kingdom Age is only interested in crafting items that help his or her Hero. We just don't care about armor and weapons that won't equip on the Hero.

Even better, instead of buying basic materials, we need buildings that produce them for us. An ore smelter, a new lumber mill, a tannery, a cloth factory. That way we will use crafting more if we have lots of materials!
    Last edited by Jnsolberg; 02-11-2015 at 01:47 PM.
    Purple Squirrel

Post Count
    Probably not what you want to hear, but once I saw some of the crafting costs, like 90 gems, I was turned off. I don't bother with it anymore. [Crafting=ignored] It's reasonable for high-level items to cost gems, but this was for puny items. More gold options would have been less GREEdy, especially in the beginning months.

Besides not wanting to spend gems to craft, I never knew where or how to get the materials. A crafting materials store might have helped. There seemed to be no organization or direction. Information was scarce and vague here & ingame. =another turn off.

The execution and launching was the worst: no explanations, no guidance, no info. We had to figure it out for ourselves, and it literally felt like the old KA we loved was abandoned and some new app took it's place without any notice; bad move.

We are always posting feedback here, but you guys in SF are always ignoring it. We know you read the entire forum quite consistantly. Here is some feedback from Nov 2014 you might have missed.
    Best advice: If you are going to ask for feedback, utilize it! Happy players buy more gems!

BTW, I really don't need to see that {Ready to Craft} bubble over every Crafting Workshop, do I?

Honestly, the best way you can improve crafting is to get rid of it completely, rewind the app, forget it ever happened, and stop trying to change a FTP game that is supposed to be fun, not frustrating. Work on the bugs and glitches that already exist. Clean it up before you make further messes, and no more Turduckens.

Happy gaming!
    Last edited by Vile Lynn; 02-11-2015 at 02:15 PM. Reason: added old Offical Crafting Feedback link from the Announcements subforum

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    The items you can craft are too weak. Why would I craft something with only 25% of the strength of what my hero is already equipped with. So unless you had a quest involving crafting I'm not messing with it. And im not endorsing crafting quests, just saying there is nothing to gain from crafting. How about adding levels that might add a sorcerer who could craft items with power.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Crafting needs to cycle better hero equipment so that we can get better at EB at a faster rate than the difficulty increases. Currently I am losing ground on EB and very unhappy.

Waffle - to me this is a fundamental problem with this game now. EB and RB are getting difficult at a faster pace than characters can improve This breaks the central concept of the game. Please address why RB difficulty was tripled. You lost a ton of players with that move and broke guilds. Why??????
    Last edited by Jomama1; 02-11-2015 at 03:17 PM.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jomama1 View Post
    Crafting needs to cycle better hero equipment so that we can get better at EB at a faster rate than the difficulty increases. Currently I am losing ground on EB and very unhappy.

Waffle - to me this is a fundamental problem with this game now. EB and RB are getting difficult at a faster pace than characters can improve This breaks the central concept of the game. Please address why RB difficulty was tripled. You lost a ton of players with that move and broke guilds. Why??????
    Hi Jomama

Thank you for the feedback on crafting. As to address your comments about Raid Boss, most of the guilds have been finishing Raid Boss in hours when it is intended to be a 5-6 day event. I will look at balance but an event that can be finished in a few hours is not a balanced event. I do understand the frustration but we do need to keep rebalancing events that are no longer working as intended. It is extremely difficult to balance for a user base with such different power stats(army power) and we are trying to balance a boss that needs to be challenging for everyone. I am not saying it has been a perfect balance but we will continue to change the event to make sure that everyone can still be challenged by the event.

We have started a specific team that will be looking at fixing this exact issue and you should look to better balance and tuning in the near future. Again I am sorry if you feel the boss has become too hard but going back to a boss that was far too easy for 80 percent of our user base is not an option. Like I said we will look to continue to tune this boss and have an entire team working on this exact problem.

I hope this answers your questions about raid boss and again thank you for your feedback.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Helios Von Elisar View Post
    The items you can craft are too weak. Why would I craft something with only 25% of the strength of what my hero is already equipped with. So unless you had a quest involving crafting I'm not messing with it. And im not endorsing crafting quests, just saying there is nothing to gain from crafting. How about adding levels that might add a sorcerer who could craft items with power.
    Hello Helios

We are already at work on adding new Hero Equipment to crafting that will allow your players to gain stats. Please look for this in the future.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnsolberg View Post
    I agree with all those points. Also all the gem items are priced too high. Let's say I need an Iron ore. I can buy a Bronze ore for 10 gems, wait 5 hours and repeat 9 more times. 100 gems and 50+ hours to get that Iron ore.

No thanks! Change it to 1-2 gems, or to gold or honor and make crafting time minutes instead of hours.

Instead of giving us all these Dead Wood Crates as rewards for EB and RB with the basic materials in them, how about giving us some of the better Crates? Feather Wood Crates and Bramble Wood Crates.

And of course give us better items to craft.

I'm sure that every player in Kingdom Age is only interested in crafting items that help his or her Hero. We just don't care about armor and weapons that won't equip on the Hero.

Even better, instead of buying basic materials, we need buildings that produce them for us. An ore smelter, a new lumber mill, a tannery, a cloth factory. That way we will use crafting more if we have lots of materials!
    Hello Jnsolberg

Again thank you for your feedback

I really appreciate the time you guys take in the forums to help us make the game better. We are trying to update crafting and add new items that can advance your characters stats. We will also look at some of the suggestions about new drops from your post above. We really do appreciate your help in making crafting better.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMode...on View Post

Hello BeastMode

We will look to create better items that will advance your stats as well as make use of materials we have been dropping in quests and Conquest.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I know this would take some programming but:
    1) When you craft something it gets replaced by a better item in the workshop . Then we can earn the items to craft that .
    2) I know sone players ( not top gemmers) , who don't want to use materials to craft A
    20/20 item because they are afraid a better item that uses the same materials will become available .

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jomama1 View Post

@ waffle king :
    I obviously don't have the stats to look up like u do : but I cannot recall any of my friendly guilds coming close to finishing the last raid boss: it was so difficult that my guild had 900 orbs left. We NEVER have orbs left ! Plus the normal 39/39 prize was not worth my guild using any remaining health vials , so we stopped. We would have rather kept going , but we couldn't .

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by plavine View Post
    @ waffle king :
    I obviously don't have the stats to look up like u do : but I cannot recall any of my friendly guilds coming close to finishing the last raid boss: it was so difficult that my guild had 900 orbs left. We NEVER have orbs left ! Plus the normal 39/39 prize was not worth my guild using any remaining health vials , so we stopped. We would have rather kept going , but we couldn't .
    Hello Plavine

Let me look into this and thank you for posting you and your guilds issue. Would you mind posting your player id or the name of your guild here?

Thanks,

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    display the gold, honor or gem cost on equipment that we need materials or intermediate equipment before we can craft. it's currently only displayed for equipment that we already have sufficient items to begin crafting. it is frustrating to craft the materials or intermediate equipment and then find out we need to spend gems to finish

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    It is ridiculous to ask a large amount of gems to create an item (weapon, armor, feet, head or artifact). Especially cause you get lucky to get epic item in a lower stage which punishes you for it later on.
    Make all materials available to crafe with gems or with the current method of 10 from the lower item. Higher leveled materials require more gems but keep it reasonable. Like bob said, 1-2 gems for lowest items cause well we all have plenty of dead wood crates. 4-5 gems for next, 7-8 for next and 10-12 for latest. I would find that a reasonable price for the materials if you can't wait to obtain them on a standard way.

Secondly, the items you can get from crafting are much weaker than what i currently have. But still the epic boss health increases, give us more and better things to craft.

Thirdly, while now with upgrading crafting workshop you only get higher stats gear. Expand it that you can attack certain materials to a given gear which gives a stats boost. Or make artifact items with stats boost. And these don't have to be normal stats boost but can be craft related, upgrade cost crafting, faster crafting, crafted weapons stats increase and so on and on and on.