3 5.56%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: We need a unified voice of our little community - TPP

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    I did not vote. I'd rather speak for myself as I disagree with much that is posted here... especially the continuing negative remarks about the company, the developers and other employees.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Thanks for putting me up for the worlds worst job dewin haha. I voted for MW Flake, and I would be more than happy for danimal, larry, agent orange, kefa to take on the job ahead of me. I spent years banging my head against a wall as a fan representing myself, I fear I would take on board the 100,000 frustrated players and my head would quiet literally EXPLODE!.
    No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by ezmunie View Post
    I did not vote. I'd rather speak for myself as I disagree with much that is posted here... especially the continuing negative remarks about the company, the developers and other employees.
    With good bosses you dont need unions. United we must stand if we want change. If you think your voice is loud enough without needing the communities support go it alone for sure.

You cant please everyone. For every dude who wants to rule the world another just wants to be free. The role would be to intelligently deduce what the community as a majority wants (whilst keeping the game competitive) and have that LOUDLY represented to the guys who currently refuse to listen to us.

The ultimate goal would be a glitch free model that can last, rather than running it into the ground. You dont want a system that relies on massive reinvention every few cycles. You want the core the same so your long time players stay and enough small changes that keeps noobs interested for long enough to become veterans. And To make gaming here fun again.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Kefa View Post
    DragCro, no offense, seriously, but the problem is that you are a moderator. The company has its hired representatives, and they have selected a few players as well, including you, to moderate the other players' comments. So you trying to influence the guidelines for who can act as spokespersons for the players is like a company's middle-manager trying to dictate to the labor union who they can or can't elect as their stewards.
    here here.

Verbose Veteran Captain Buck Slayer's Avatar
    All warfare is based on deception - Sun Tzu
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Agent Orange, Speed Ump and Kefa are my votes
    Slaps Fighters Team
    964-213-663
    https://groupme.com/join_group/64969741/tBCXBEM3

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Those are pretty bad options we have. After all, dewin nuttin was the one who started it.....but I would probably day Andy2, danimal, agent orange

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by bam bam. View Post
    With good bosses you dont need unions. United we must stand if we want change. If you think your voice is loud enough without needing the communities support go it alone for sure.

You cant please everyone. For every dude who wants to rule the world another just wants to be free. The role would be to intelligently deduce what the community as a majority wants (whilst keeping the game competitive) and have that LOUDLY represented to the guys who currently refuse to listen to us.

The ultimate goal would be a glitch free model that can last, rather than running it into the ground. You dont want a system that relies on massive reinvention every few cycles. You want the core the same so your long time players stay and enough small changes that keeps noobs interested for long enough to become veterans. And To make gaming here fun again.
    I am but one small voice, but electing anyone to be a voice for all of us, still won't stop the hundreds of negative posts that one must weed through to get to the real issues here. It's frustrating for me as a player, so I can only imagine any moderator trying to please everyone. It's not going to happen.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I don't come here much anymore, but when i do i can speak for myself. All you are doing is creating another layer. So if we have a spokesperson we need another forum to get our points of view to them to pass to here to voice our concerns... This idea stinks.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegaman View Post
    I don't come here much anymore, but when i do i can speak for myself. All you are doing is creating another layer. So if we have a spokesperson we need another forum to get our points of view to them to pass to here to voice our concerns... This idea stinks.
    oh so the ways its done now is working? I'd have to disagree.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by bam bam. View Post

I think you summed it up very well, if gree tried listening more then this wouldn't be nessessary. Problem is that they put on the appearance of listening and then go the opposite direction frustrating those trying to effect change.

Perhaps the time has come to stand as a unified group, at this point it probably wouldn't hurt though the realist in me wonders if it would do any good since the company might continue to say one thing and do another. But if we could finally all stand as one perhaps there is hope...

In terms of the player mods standing up for us, highly unlikely except perhaps HR but for the rest they are towing the company line so it seems highly unlikely they could be impartial and effective.

So if we were to take on this task would we get immunity idols like they have on survivor or some form of witness protection?
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Post Count
    I am but one small voice, but electing anyone to be a voice for all of us, still won't stop the hundreds of negative posts that one must weed through to get to the real issues here. It's frustrating for me as a player, so I can only imagine any moderator trying to please everyone. It's not going to happen.
    Is this for a moderator? Or for a group spokesperson? If that person were part of a steering comitee that repesented the players in the development process of the game then it makes sense. As a player appointed moderator, I don't see the point of the excersise unless we were given the power to sanction other moderators, reinstate players unfairly silenced and reopen closed threads, and even then that would not affect any real change.
    Modern War
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Level 33+

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sstuutss View Post
    oh so the ways its done now is working? I'd have to disagree.
    Appearantly the 'company' thinks so....
    Modern War
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Level 33+

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    I like HR, I would like him more if he wasn't a mod and was standing at our side. All the player mods r sweet hearts but it is a joke of a job where all they can do is upset us.

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    Is this for a moderator? Or for a group spokesperson? If that person were part of a steering comitee that repesented the players in the development process of the game then it makes sense. As a player appointed moderator, I don't see the point of the excersise unless we were given the power to sanction other moderators, reinstate players unfairly silenced and reopen closed threads, and even then that would not affect any real change.
    It's a pipe dream if you or anyone else thinks a committee of community reps is going to have any kind of power in this game. Not gonna happen.

Post Count
    It's a pipe dream if you or anyone else thinks a committee of community reps is going to have any kind of power in this game. Not gonna happen.
    And yet that would likely be the most logical way to fix this mess since lone voices are dutifully ignored. But the odds of this happening are about as high as this forum turning into a happy place.
    Modern War
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Level 33+