Kingdom Age Weekly Feedback (02/10/15)

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Kingdom Age Weekly Feedback (02/10/15)

Threaded View

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by [JAG] Ryan View Post
    Dear Devs

i believe you want to make the game less boring and more interesting, hence the recent note about the 6, or in fact 5 day war.

KA, like many other games are based on players competition. How good am i compared to others, how good is my team compared to others, how good compared to new or old players, low or high level players, etc.. This obviously require some kind of stability within the given factors of measurements to be able to have some kind of comparing benchmarks. In addition this game also lives from in-app purchases which means that at least some people need to use money or those purchases allow people to get stronger in a shorter time period. That said, it means that a solid group of your players base is above the age of 16, has a job and/or maybe a family.

Since years i see players asking to understand this circumstance, either in asking to have wars once per month or by asking to avoid certain time consuming events during certain holiday days where its obvious that people want to spend some more time with their families.

Especially wars have always been the biggest team comparison event since teams interacted directly together. Many people try to pay full attention to wars since it has this competitive team factor.

In past you have increased the war frequency from 3 to 2 or less weeks cylces. Almost the entire player base has mentioned their concerns and expressed their unhappiness about that. Finally you have changed it back to 3 weeks cycles which is less then once per month like asked for but better then the changes before.

Now you want to introdce a 5 or 6 day war and obviously hope to make it more interesting. The opposite is for many players the case. It also doesnt really matter now that you want to use the old army stats as factor only since we all had now enough time to improve the other 2 factors so that at least a certain achievement in competition was build.

Games should be and stay interesting so changes are required, but the frequency and heaviness of those are the deciding factors of successfull changes or complete failures.

We have received very much changes in last 2-3 months. It started with the additional factors, which had a huge impact on several parts of the game (wars, pvp attacks, raids, etc.). You have then extended the changes to the Epic Boss and also to the Raid Boss.

By all understanding for the necessity of a new balancing factor and the need for changes to make and keep the game interesting, please understand that too much changes in a short time are counterproductive and exactly do the opposite you may try to achieve.

Hence i can only strongly recommend that you plan and choose the changes or adaptions wisely and keep a certain more generous time frame for their implementation in mind. Also try to understand who your players base is and what impact any of the planed changes might have (know your customer ;-))

By saying that i cant imagine that any of the player (except the ones who by occasion have holidays and dont have families lol) who has a job and/or a family wish to have an extended war. The current 3 days war model is already exhausting enough for free players as well as for gem spenders and many people organize their lives around this event.

Hemce if you want to improve things or make them more attractive or interesting, reduce the war duration to 2 days and/or make the cycles 4 weeks instead of 3. That would also allow you to introduce a new event each month since you would gain a week in each cycle. The additional week could be used to bring events providing more attractivity and variety since it could also be an alternating event like every month something new based on your readiness to develop something or the requests from your community.

Sorry for the long post but couldnt do it shorter and express all i wanted to.
    I agree with all that Ryan has said.

While we, the players, understand that GREE needs to make money, players that have worked hard and spent moneyto achieve strong players see a lot of that come to nought as you keep removing the foundations that we've come to expect. Please make HRB a bit lower in health so that those guilds that had completed for the first time before the change, have a chance to complete again. HRB is a big community event with everyone helping each other. This community is the main reason people continue to play.

Now.. As per the 5/6 day war announced. I, for one, stay up late into the night during war. I buy gems and typically try to save them for war. But, like most players I've met in this game, I've a time consuming real life job, and a family. As it is, the war starting Friday during business hours and ending Monday during business hours is very challenging. Extending during the work week is essentially a non starter for many. If you go ahead with this plan, you should expect to see significant "retirement" from this game, and likely primarily from those that spend a lot.

It's the people that work for a living that pay for this game and your changes are disenfranchising too many.

It's obvious to us, as we see fewer guilds fighting and more and more mergers, that it's due to significant player loss.

Those of us who are loyal KA players beg you to please reconsider.

Thank you,
    Gal
    Last edited by Gal; 02-12-2015 at 07:18 AM.