Modern War 4GB of space on iPhone!!!!!!!!!!!

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Modern War 4GB of space on iPhone!!!!!!!!!!!

Lurker
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count

Modern War 4GB of space on iPhone!!!!!!!!!!!

I tried contacting support. Last thing they said was to wait for update and not to delete but update the game and it should solve problem. I did just that when my game was using 3.8GB of storage and it's now at 4GB. Still increasing and I sent another inquiry about the issue but haven't heard from them.

Is there anyone else who has this game taking up so much space on their phone? If you have a solution to reduce to at least 1.5GB or less please let me know. This game is awesome and I put money into it but it might end here if this isn't addressed and fixed.

Thanks for your time and feedback in advance!

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Have you tried the microwave compression glitch?

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Delete game and reinstal it have helped others. But do it at your own risk. Save some screenshots of game if you in worst case needs help from player "support"

Lurker
    Post Count
    I am on ipad 2.
    The entire ipad was slow and unresponsive. Modern war virtually unplayable. I checked the usage last week and found MW was taking up 8gb of space.
    Problem of playing game from the start i suppose.
    Screen shotted base and stats. Then deleted app from ipad and reinstalled game. With a large amount of worry i must add, however it was a case of it could not be worse, so lets give it a go.
    Everything still there, no issues, even with the recent update. Game now using 499mb. Ipad now working much better.

Lurker
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    Have you tried the microwave compression glitch?
    I have not. I also don't know what that is. I am curious to know what it is. Please let me know if it's something simple to do though. Thx.

Lurker
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy View Post
    Delete game and reinstal it have helped others. But do it at your own risk. Save some screenshots of game if you in worst case needs help from player "support"

This I will try if the microwave method is too complicated. Thx.

Lurker
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Valdara View Post
    I am on ipad 2.
    The entire ipad was slow and unresponsive. Modern war virtually unplayable. I checked the usage last week and found MW was taking up 8gb of space.
    Problem of playing game from the start i suppose.
    Screen shotted base and stats. Then deleted app from ipad and reinstalled game. With a large amount of worry i must add, however it was a case of it could not be worse, so lets give it a go.
    Everything still there, no issues, even with the recent update. Game now using 499mb. Ipad now working much better.
    I will definitely take screen shots. Thx.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    As mentioned before in a previous thread.

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.ph...y-is-mw-so-big

I hope that helps you out.

Try keeping MW under 500MB, seems to help a lot.

Do not panic after re-installing MW, it just takes a little time to load the bases for the first time.

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Vuong View Post
    I tried contacting support. Last thing they said was to wait for update and not to delete but update the game and it should solve problem. I did just that when my game was using 3.8GB of storage and it's now at 4GB. Still increasing and I sent another inquiry about the issue but haven't heard from them.

Is there anyone else who has this game taking up so much space on their phone? If you have a solution to reduce to at least 1.5GB or less please let me know. This game is awesome and I put money into it but it might end here if this isn't addressed and fixed.

Thanks for your time and feedback in advance!
    I read before here in the forum that If your device is jailbroken, then you can download an app from cydia called "icleaner", it will remove all "garbage" grom your game (when you choose to do so)
    it will remove all non in use stuff from MW and take it down to 60mb or what ever the normal size is right now

Lurker
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolinz View Post
    As mentioned before in a previous thread.

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.ph...y-is-mw-so-big

I hope that helps you out.

Try keeping MW under 500MB, seems to help a lot.

Do not panic after re-installing MW, it just takes a little time to load the bases for the first time.
    Yes and thx for your help as well. I had decided to delete the game and reinstall. After I did that it was at 86.5MB. Then I loaded the game and collected my money and closed app. I check the data and it's at 116.5MB. I guess I'll reinstall when necessary and I'll check out other posts I saw that were interesting. Once again thx.

Lurker
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by truthteller View Post
    I read before here in the forum that If your device is jailbroken, then you can download an app from cydia called "icleaner", it will remove all "garbage" grom your game (when you choose to do so)
    it will remove all non in use stuff from MW and take it down to 60mb or what ever the normal size is right now

Device not jail broken but maybe at a later date. Thx for your help as I will refer to this post when I jail brake my device.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Thanks for sharing, I was up over 4GB, just deleted and reinstalled... Will see how it changes.

EDIT: Update went smooth, storage down to 123MB. MUCH more manageable. Thanks again!
    Last edited by Seph; 02-10-2015 at 06:04 PM.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    My data jumped to 4.8 GB after the update. I deleted the game then restarted my phone and reinstalled the app. Two days and one data push later my game is 221 MB. I didn't have to do anything else. iPhone 4s - iOs 8.1.3
    Viking Swarm 950943987
    Active Daily Players Always Welcome
    Drama Free Zone

Banned
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by -Commando- View Post
    My data jumped to 4.8 GB after the update. I deleted the game then restarted my phone and reinstalled the app. Two days and one data push later my game is 221 MB. I didn't have to do anything else. iPhone 4s - iOs 8.1.3
    Slightly off topic, how does your 4s perform overall with 8.1.3?