Streak during war!!!

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Streak during war!!!

Articulate Author
    Post Count

Streak during war!!!

So the brilliant minds at GREE decide to first change the streak format from old 2-12 in a row system (which worked fine)to 56 in a row (which was excessive) to 62 in a row (which is a complete joke)
    The new 62 wins killed the prospect of probably 99% of guilds to achieve this,this is before the ridiculous wait times to match which in some cases makes 62 fights impossible!!!
    I would be interested to know if any guild actually achieved this.
    It's is one thing making a quest challenging which the old system was,it's another thing making a quest virtually impossible.
    Couple this with the average rank prizes and completely worthless individual Rank prizes and it makes you wonder if GREE are trying to alienate its paying customers and kill the game!
    And then we have the increase on Raid Boss with poor prizes,too many Temp Boosts Etc,Etc.
    I care about the game,this is why I'm posting this but even I am considering Deleting this game and investing in a game that takes on board what it's customers want and Rewards Loyalty.
    Devs/Mods any explanation why this increase to 62 wins in a row was deemed Fair?
    I won't hold my breath for an answer..........
    Hobbsie

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbs View Post
    I would be interested to know if any guild actually achieved this.
    At least one guild gets it. Top guilds also coordinate with each other to help get the streaks. Possibly the top 3 guilds get it. Who knows, who cares. It's just Gree helping the top guilds in their masturbatory fantasies of grandeur.

[expletive deleted]
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Hey Hobbs,

The goals for the streak changed about 6+ months ago. Like you mentioned it used to be do a few, then it would reset, then do a few more, then it would reset. We changed this to 10 goals that are all active at once to design an actual streak system in which guilds are rewarded for continuous wins. We have actually had the mark up to 65 I believe and still have had guilds complete it. The previous conquest events have been at 60 wins for this goal since last September, so there have only been 2 wars added to the goal, not 6. To both of your comments about the top guilds are the only ones getting this, that is accurate for this structure and the old structure. This is a competitive goal and is meant to feel that way.

As for the rewards, I continue to read a lot of complaints but can you better describe the issue? Is it that there are less bonuses on the items? If so I have stated in the past that these had to be cut back because of the huge imbalances they are causing in the game. This is a larger issue that we are looking into how to address properly. However, giving out temp bonuses have been a way to boost player for events without destroying every event there after as well as competition between players which is actually kind of what the_bob is calling out.

I look forward to your feedback on this. Thanks.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Derez View Post
    Hey Hobbs,

The goals for the streak changed about 6+ months ago. Like you mentioned it used to be do a few, then it would reset, then do a few more, then it would reset. We changed this to 10 goals that are all active at once to design an actual streak system in which guilds are rewarded for continuous wins. We have actually had the mark up to 65 I believe and still have had guilds complete it. The previous conquest events have been at 60 wins for this goal since last September, so there have only been 2 wars added to the goal, not 6. To both of your comments about the top guilds are the only ones getting this, that is accurate for this structure and the old structure. This is a competitive goal and is meant to feel that way.

As for the rewards, I continue to read a lot of complaints but can you better describe the issue? Is it that there are less bonuses on the items? If so I have stated in the past that these had to be cut back because of the huge imbalances they are causing in the game. This is a larger issue that we are looking into how to address properly. However, giving out temp bonuses have been a way to boost player for events without destroying every event there after as well as competition between players which is actually kind of what the_bob is calling out.

I look forward to your feedback on this. Thanks.
    Thank you for your Prompt Reply Derez.
    The rewards have gotten worse while the difficulty has increased by quite a percentage recently.
    Take for example the Latest Raid boss increase,by over 200% and you remove Health Potions !!! And then final prize(which nobody gets to see until they hit 33/33 because of lack of splash screens) is a 334k/273k unit!! The one before...877k/717k !!
    The individual rewards for CP used to be units with Bonuses,now for example if I finish in top1000 I get a CHEST where I don't know what rewards I may get and the chance of a rare reward is less then 10%!
    As for streak it considerably changed how many achieved this when it went from old format to 60 wins(if the community posts are to be believed)and the one you mentioned was 65 wins in a row actually displayed as 56 wins on the Splash Screen!!
    And More guilds achieved Streak in Old Format so structures are not the same.
    Temp bonuses I am not a fan of and again there have been plenty of posts concurring with my sentiment,and then we have the Bonuses that appear and we only find they are Temp when we win them as in a recent Case Event and +conquest point bonus I believe.
    There is my feedback and I think you will find this is felt by a large portion of the community,this is why long established players are leaving the game in droves,I have personally seen long time Team Mates who have Quit Game and I'm sure that every guild has witnessed a similar thing.
    Last edited by Hobbs; 02-09-2015 at 11:22 AM.
    Hobbsie

Consistent Contributor Sandhawk's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbs View Post
    Thank you for your Prompt Reply Derez.
    The rewards have gotten worse while the difficulty has increased by quite a percentage recently.
    Take for example the Latest Raid boss increase,by over 200% and you remove Health Potions !!! And then final prize(which nobody gets to see until they hit 33/33 because of lack of splash screens) is a 334k/273k unit!! The one before...877k/717k !!
    The individual rewards for CP used to be units with Bonuses,now for example if I finish in top1000 I get a CHEST where I don't know what rewards I may get and the chance of a rare reward is less then 10%!
    As for streak it considerably changed how many achieved this when it went from old format to 60 wins(if the community posts are to be believed)and the one you mentioned was 65 wins in a row actually displayed as 56 wins on the Splash Screen!!
    And More guilds achieved Streak in Old Format so structures are not the same.
    Temp bonuses I am not a fan of and again there have been plenty of posts concurring with my sentiment,and then we have the Bonuses that appear and we only find they are Temp when we win them as in a recent Case Event and +conquest point bonus I believe.
    There is my feedback and I think you will find this is felt by a large portion of the community,this is why long established players are leaving the game in droves,I have personally seen long time Team Mates who have Quit Game and I'm sure that every guild has witnessed a similar thing.
    +1 ^^^^^^^
    KA - ✠ Southern Dutch Knights 769-614-822
    CC - 🔫 Old Retired Gangsters 980-215-010
    MW - 🌎Maverick 196-547-849

Stop giving out chests. Nobody wants a chest as a prize.

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    The war streaks are meant to be a challenge even for the best guilds. I agree it is very difficult to achieve, but some guilds manage it. It requires both strength, luck and cooperation with other guilds. It is an elite event and such only 1% of guilds may get it. The same can be said about RB, RB used to be an elite event only a handful of guilds could finish it, now GREE has taken steps to make it again an elite event. Before the last iteration of RB, most top 50 could finish RB heroic.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Gendur View Post
    The war streaks are meant to be a challenge even for the best guilds. I agree it is very difficult to achieve, but some guilds manage it. It requires both strength, luck and cooperation with other guilds. It is an elite event and such only 1% of guilds may get it. The same can be said about RB, RB used to be an elite event only a handful of guilds could finish it, now GREE has taken steps to make it again an elite event. Before the last iteration of RB, most top 50 could finish RB heroic.
    And you think that is fair that the other 99% of guilds have little or no chance?
    What is the problem with top50 guilds Finishing Events? Do they not invest enough time,effort and money into the game to have an opertunity to be competitive?
    That would unbalance the game Further if a select few could only complete these events and isn't this what the Dev said they were trying to Avoid?
    Hobbsie

Lurker
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Hey Derez,

Thanks for you reply. It's quite easy to describe the issue about the recent individual rewards in wars.
    It's indeed also about bonuses, however we have well understood that Gree has drastically reduced them by now. It's mainly about the rewards not making any difference to our strength! I will not repeat what many have said that we do not want chests. So I will only have a look at weapons, armors, foot and head that you gave out last war from top 1200 down to top 1: almost no one would have equipped my hero! Only one single equipment is stronger overall than the one I have. It's the award for top 100! There are two more that would have increased my hero attack: top 1 award and top 25 award! That's it! Nothing else! So all other equipment would just have gone to my army! With NO impact at all!!! And I am "only" a member of a top 50 guild.
    I don't know why it's difficult to understand the issue and that we are not pleased at all with these new individual awards.
    People no longer spend gems to make it into a specific individual tier, like they used to do. Now they spend gems because it's for the guild's sake only!

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I don't mind the temp boost personally but the HRB final prize was a joke!! After the massive increase in boss health you would expect the final prize to be better not worse then past the events.
    MW 186 619 883 Crazy Canuck lvl 230

KA 663-969-341 Elijah lvl 213

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Yes - the indy rewards should at least help your hero

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jomama1 View Post
    Yes - the indy rewards should at least help your hero
    Should... except that Gree gives such awful indy rewards that weapons/armor that I have had for 12 months are still substantially stronger. I bet 98% of the hero rewards that gree gave go completely unused.
    NO MORE 6 DAY WARS!!!