Is it publicly stated that syndicates lock?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it publicly stated that syndicates lock?

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count

Is it publicly stated that syndicates lock?

Is it publicly stated in any Gree terms of services that syndicates lock and at what time they lock at? I do not believe it has ever officially been stated that they do lock and at what time they lock at. I believe syndicates locked before the start of battle time this round and I want to see if Gree has ever officially posted that rule. Thank you

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I've seen admins mention on the forums that they do lock. Search their posts. You'd have to do some digging since this is practically common knowledge.
    Pagoda no good.

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    I'm not denying it is common knowledge. What I am asking is has Gree ever publicly stated that syndicates lock? Or is it just common knowledge they lock because we've all experienced it? Have we ever received a push screen with said info? Has there ever been an official "sticky" or forum from an officer stating such information?

Post Count
    Have you read the ingame FAQ's? I think it might state it in there.

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    It declares: "If you are in a syndicate at the start of the event, you may leave a syndicate but you cannot join a different syndicate or rejoin the same syndicate. 'If you are not in a syndicate at the start of the event, you may join a syndicate.' You can leave a syndicate, but you cannot be removed by syndicate leadership". This clearly states that if you are not in a syndicate at the beginning of the event then you can still request and join one. BUT syndicates are locked and you cannot create a new one; even if you were not in a syndicate. I believe this to be a documented LIE from Gree. Would like a response from forum mod if possible please. (Like you care though)

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by abnugget View Post
    It declares: "If you are in a syndicate at the start of the event, you may leave a syndicate but you cannot join a different syndicate or rejoin the same syndicate. 'If you are not in a syndicate at the start of the event, you may join a syndicate.' You can leave a syndicate, but you cannot be removed by syndicate leadership". This clearly states that if you are not in a syndicate at the beginning of the event then you can still request and join one. BUT syndicates are locked and you cannot create a new one; even if you were not in a syndicate. I believe this to be a documented LIE from Gree. Would like a response from forum mod if possible please. (Like you care though)
    Right. The above is for SA, but I'm not sure if that applies to War and SA or only to SA.

For war, it used to be: locked when war begins, no in's or out's until GREE unlocked the syndicates after war was over.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I'm not denying it is common knowledge. What I am asking is has Gree ever publicly stated that syndicates lock? Or is it just common knowledge they lock because we've all experienced it? Have we ever received a push screen with said info? Has there ever been an official "sticky" or forum from an officer stating such information?
    Yes. I did say that admins here have said in posts. You'd just have to search for them.
    Pagoda no good.

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Thank you for the responses Sleazy & Vile! I appreciate it. Need more actual substantive comments on these forums. Lynn in response to your last comment I got that from going to "menu" then "more..." then "help", "FAQ" and then "Battle for Empire City FAQs" and the information I quoted was from the sixth paragraph titled "Are syndicates locked during Battle for Empire City". Since this is another battle to control "Empire City" their posted statement on this subject is that we can join a syndicate once the event has started if we were not already in a syndicate. This is a lie from GREE in their own "FAQ" section.

Post Count
    This may not mean anything to your argument or your search, but I did want to point out that the way I read what you posted here, it doesn't necessarily mean they are "locked" from what you typed, only the ability to create a new one is removed, correct? I haven't tried, but I have read the verbiage referring to SA, where it basically says you can leave on your own accord, join a syn if not in one when event starts, etc...If that is the case with regular battles, then "locked" may semantically be the incorrect word to use. Maybe "severely restricted" is more appropriate? Sorry to get off track. Not trying to be a turd.

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Morgz, thank you for the response. I was not in a syndicate and attempted to get into one after the top of the hour. I could not create a new one. When I sent in the code of a syndicate I was told "syndicate ranks locked". The information I quoted I got from the FAQ section for battles and not for SA. As far as I can decipher, from Gree's official posts, I should have been able to join said syndicate.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Looks like only officers can declare battle now

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by cooch View Post
    Looks like only officers can declare battle now
    good.......

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Syndicates locked b4 battles could be started

Lurker
    Post Count
    Gree posts incorrect info, shocker.

FYI a lie requires intent to deceive.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    He is correct, it is stated in the FAQ for battle that you can join a syndicate if not in one.

I would ss it and sent in a ticket to gree