8X...9X...10X...11X... Chests all the same difference right?

Hey Everyone,

It's your favorite forum contributor here! I just been thinking a lot and more lately now that I see higher multiplier events for chests to get epic and legendary.... So I already know what everyone is going to say.... don't buy chests and complain or that's not how it works because you do not know the math..... or the percentage is so small blah blah blah....

But anyway here is what I was thinking.... doesn't it seem that the multiplier events on the chests is just a ridiculous scam that everyone falls for? I mean come on now, if they boost the chance of a legendary and the legendary is a higher rate to get VS an epic...well than you chances are pretty much the same as a chest with no multiplier right? And I already know that the Epic chance is also boosted so no need to point that out to me.

I mean the only difference is that you reduce the chance of getting 3 stars or lower, but it appears to be very miniscule and the legendary seem to overpower the chests now.... well legendary or accessories now. My point is, although the epic chance is boosted with a multiplier.... well so is the legendary (has a higher base chance) so its pretty much the same as a regular chest... and gree CHARGES MORE for it....Seems like a carnival trick to me like when they hand you a tiny ball and you have to get it in the big container, but you can never seem to make it in the container.
    Last edited by ColombianThreatMachine; 02-05-2015 at 09:59 PM.
    Guild Master of Sugar Rush

Currently recruiting players for new FREE PLAY guild, please message me in Line app!

Line app ID JesusZombie
    Android

I agree, I also like to call it misleading advertising. Apart from that, the real, underlying factor deciding the chance to get a real epic (not an outdated garbage epic!) is so ridiculously small that it hardly matters whether it's a so-called '8x chance' or a '9x chance'. The whole 'x-x chance' imho is an advertising trick suggesting huge chances for you to purchase an epic that was released within the last 6 months (i.e, has some actual 'value').
    That's why so many people (just read the K&D game feedback on Google Play) are pissed about the game, when they spend a little fortune on gems to 'open chests' and only end up with rings, amulets, 2-stars, 3-stars, 4-stars, and the most hated other class of outdated stuff that is still inappropriately labeled as 'epics'.

Quote Originally Posted by roookey1 View Post
    I agree, I also like to call it misleading advertising. Apart from that, the real, underlying factor deciding the chance to get a real epic (not an outdated garbage epic!) is so ridiculously small that it hardly matters whether it's a so-called '8x chance' or a '9x chance'. The whole 'x-x chance' imho is an advertising trick suggesting huge chances for you to purchase an epic that was released within the last 6 months (i.e, has some actual 'value').
    That's why so many people (just read the K&D game feedback on Google Play) are pissed about the game, when they spend a little fortune on gems to 'open chests' and only end up with rings, amulets, 2-stars, 3-stars, 4-stars, and the most hated other class of outdated stuff that is still inappropriately labeled as 'epics'.
    Yup. My epics aren't real epics. Thanks. I guess taking part in the first 10 wars makes my rewards "not real" according to you because they're outdated "garbage".

Whatever. The mind boggling part isn't that GREE is using a common sales tactic, as misleading as it may seem to some. They're able to say that, because if they increase the drop rate, there is still no "what % chance do I have of getting an epic." People see numbers and bite. 99% off! Too bad the price was already ridiculously priced anyway. But its 99% off. I've got to buy it!
    Instead, the sorry part it is that you people still continue to pour money into this game, then come here to whine and complain about it.

"Get rid of leaches"
    "Give better rewards"
    "We didn't get enough free stuff"
    "Hackers who spend no money ruin this game"

Yet you're all still here.

And I'm here to remind you of how stupid you sound.

Busteroaf
    Retired
    Beer: Give your brain the night off

+1 buster
    Someone finally gets it! The big dogs, the "elite of KnD", as they like to call themselves(lmao elite!? Its a simplistic gane u pour money into, that in no way makes you elite anything) pour so much money into this game and whine and complain when something doesnt go their way. They have some self proclaimed entitlement to this game, just because they are stupid enough to buy so many gems. Yet their butthurt spews all over the forums like little girls, and I cant help but laugh at every one of their threads, always thinking theyre better than everyone else cuz they spend their paychecks on a game.