A simple solution to B2B blitz raid

So I know that this problem does not apply to everyone, but it does affect those who shop around for T1, T10, or most of T25 raids.... so yeah, it affects about 1000 of us on each platform. Please refrain from "you guys should not be guild hopping" comments. That argument never ends.

I'm offering a simple solution to B2B blitz-raid guild lock in. This is a huge inconvenience to some of us, and especially to those of us who budget our wars and dislike signing up for a competitive raid runs without really knowing our prizes first.

The past two raids have greatly inconvenienced us. Here's the rundown of scenario:

Wednesday: blitz is announced 24 hours ahead, to last Thursday- Friday
    Thursday: raid is announced 24 hours ahead to last Friday - Sunday

The problem with above setup is that the raid is announced as the blitz war starts. So the peeps are already locked in a guild for blitz without having any information about the raid war. People are blindly signing up for guilds for a t10 or t25 push, and by the time we find out what the rewards are, we are already "stuck" or "committed." Many of us are nice decent people, and even if we hate the rewards, we are forced to commit and spend gems we don't want to spend because we don't want our selfish preferences to ruin it for the others who signed up for the raid and who might happen to like the rewards.

Yes, many iOS guilds can take a peek into android's earlier announcements and have the luxury of having that 3 hours of time to sort things out. It's something that they can cope with, but I doubt they are happy about that either. Some people have to wake up during wee hours in the morning to check this blip announcement. It's a huge inconvenience.

GREE, here's a very simple solution to fix this mess. Try this scenario:

Wednesday: raid is announced 48 hours ahead, to last Friday- Sunday

Its a very simple fix to your complicated problem. My suggestion gives people full 24 hours to decide what they want to do before they get locked in a guild. Many guilds are willing to toss blitz goals aside and allow other guilds to jump in because they would much rather focus their resources on the raid that follows. I know you have been flooded with complaints over this b2b fiasco. My suggestion will make many people happy, without having to impose a huge overhaul on scheduling on gree's part.

Now, don't tell me to go ahead and file a ticket with the support. I have done that, many times, and all I get back is some generic message which says "Thanks for taking the time to contact KnD support! We hope that you are[sic] enjoyed the last event. We appreciate your energy report! This issue is being investigated, however, I do not have an estimated timeline for a fix . .[sic] In the meantime, we have credited energy to your account. Thanks for participating in the latest event and we wish you luck in the next one!"

So yeah... thanks for the freebie energy but clearly you are not really reading anything?
    Last edited by watermelon; 02-03-2015 at 01:27 PM.

Or we could just move blitzes from Thursday-Friday to Tuesday-Wednesday/Wednesday-Thursday. Either works.
    no

Or we could not tell Gree how to run their game and just enjoy it

"you guys should not be guild hopping."

If you try to exploit parts of the current game logic, just deal with it if it doesn't work out in your favor once in a while!

Actually wind we expect it now, we move before blitz and end up with a good blitz and a good raid. Stacking guilds with super actives for blitz makes t25 blitz for very few gems a very real thing.

Yes the lack of notice causes problems and I wish they'd stop. But otherwise I'll just enjoy all the extra fusion boosts!

"Please refrain from "you guys should not be guild hopping" comments."

Yes, please do not point out the most logical solution to this "problem." Lulz.

Wednesday: raid is announced 48 hours ahead, to last Friday- Sunday

This will fix it

This is a good solution, but your dealing with Gree lol...

I think Gree with the way things are now, they re losing money, cause players dont gem much in blitzes anymore...they re holding their gems for the upcoming raid of course

Truly blind instead of just annoying, please.

Definitely a funny read, thank you for opening this Thread!
    It's interesting to see what others have to chime in to this issue, or is it none?

I'm curious which amount of hate I will get from writing this post, so when reading it please keep the following in mind:
    I am the GM of The Immortals, which took #1 in the first unannounced/blind raid. I am thus by no means a hater of this blind-event stuff, given its actually blind. Nor am I whining about it but rather giving insight from someone that honestly couldn't care less as it is working for his own guilds, but would like to give a few points for others to consider.
    We have been able to capitalize from the fact our Alliance was not able to 'guild hop' in order to 'exploit' (haha)

Quote Originally Posted by roookey1 View Post
    "you guys should not be guild hopping."

If you try to exploit parts of the current game logic, just deal with it if it doesn't work out in your favor once in a while!
    The so called 'game logic' of KnD by having all of our hitters home and earning a Raid Epic+ for the prize of a usual Top 10 Raid (approx. 3.4B points)

Now to the actual post in regards to BLIND Events.
    GREE, with the first Blind Raid has shocked all of us.
    Many disagreed, many thought that it was good because alliances didn't have the time to prepare.
    From that old Leaderboard, let me tell you 8 out of 10 teams were Alliance guilds. So please, indies, don't give us the hate of having to shift, guild hop and whatsoever. As you saw, a straight up blind event doesn't do anything to the rankings, other than halve the price - Thank you for that cheap epic!

What GREE has done now, however, is create an Event schedule in which it robs us 24 hours.
    Don't get me wrong. I am supportive of taking risks. Neither do I mind signing up to commit to spending 200$ for a reward I don't know beforehand, nor will I ever back out once I did infact sign up for it.
    HOWEVER, a word to GREE
    • Chest deals,
    • shortening Heroic time,
    • Frequent releases of up to 6 new Epics a month (assuming 2 Chest, 2 Raid, 2 Epic War), etc.

clearly shows you succeed in doing what you are out for - Profit.

Now, whilst many blame you for this - I don't. Your aim is to provide us the content we pay for, and whether that is minimal and simplistic as no other, we still do pay. So you may call yourself successful and indeed you should.
    My question is, why let us pay less for the rewards?
    Blind Raid 1 - Rank 1 scored 3,377,000,000 If I remember our score correct. Regular DK#1 Raid Score - Above 8,000,000,000
    Blind Raid 2 - Rank 10 scored 2,xxx,000,000 if I recall correctly. Regular Top 10 Raid Score - 3,500,000,000 Trends rising.

Do us, and yourselves a favor and do what the creator of this thread has asked for - Let us know the reward. Trust me, the scores will increase. You will be happy, so will we.
    Being part of an Alliance, I can see that instead of putting up 4 or 5 Top 10 teams, we go with 3 or 4. This is an average decrease of 3 Billion Points.
    Now you may bring in the very valid argument of Top 25 teams attempting to score high to fill in for there only being 8 Present Top 10 teams.
    But we all saw, what those went up to in the last raid - Didn't we?
    2.5B instead of 3.5B, 11 Teams pushing.
    Usually in Raids like Kirin, Raptor and so on, there were atleast 12 teams pushing to that 2.5B mark which got a Top 10 reward last time.

Anyhow, I better stop giving GREE Tips to make us spend more, before my fellow 'exposing' and 'guild hopping' Allliance-Based Knights kill me for it!

To the people questioning my opinion, which you may, no problem:
    Keep in mind that, Announced or not, we will run for Top 10, we will get Top 10 and it will only be cheaper for us.
    Obviously it is not a perfect system, but we will endure it, I assure you.

Lastly, again,
    Thank you for a Plus Epic for 3.37B points instead of 8.0B points. I must say I would have rather beaten DK for my First War Epic+ with my own guild,
    but some Top guilds such as DragonZ, Darkness of Oblivion, Tactical Solutions and Renegades Revolt were up there, too. Thus I would claim we earned it fair -

Yet, please Change this tiresome schedule.

Random, uncalled Events - YES
    Predictable uncalled Events with unknown Prize - NO

I hope there is a random, properly uncalled and blind Event like the first raid was soon. Expect us up there!

Cheers;
    ~ Phill
    Head of Majestic Nation
    GM of The Immortals, T50 Guild - Android
    Line ID: le-phill

Isn't mortality mainstream? It's 2015 - Don't be mortal, Join now!

Quote Originally Posted by Phill - Immortal GM View Post
    From that old Leaderboard, let me tell you 8 out of 10 teams were Alliance guilds. So please, indies, don't give us the hate of having to shift, guild hop and whatsoever. As you saw, a straight up blind event doesn't do anything to the rankings, other than halve the price - Thank you for that cheap epic!
    So true, all independent guilds cant complain anymore.