Thread: Software Bugs

Software Bugs

Just a feedback regarding the currently most annoying bugs in the game. And no, I didn't file a support ticket.

Game freezes.

Occasionally, when switching back to the game after another app came to the front, K&D freezes. Sometimes right at the last displayed scene. Sometimes with a black monitor. Sometimes, the app can be 'reanimated' by switching display off and then on again, but most often, that doesn't help and the app has to be terminated via Android's app settings. This is EXTREMELY annoying as it can lead to losing current progress in the game if the app's process has to be killed. Note that K&D is the only app with this behavior of all the dozens of apps I have installed, so for sure my phone can't be blamed.

Game has to be reloaded.

This is new since today's update for the 100th mono-earth boss. Since the boss was activated, 'game must be reloaded' message for about a dozen of times alone (within 3 hours by now), so far leading to a loss of 2 x 3 EB energies, 1 time my EB progress wasn't saved (= 3 more energies lost) and a loss of 2 streaks in the arena (after restart, I was at point zero with my streak although I already had 3 or 4 before).

Game suddenly terminates.

Usually, before or after switching armors, or right before starting a fight against an opponent in wars (may be connected to the other cause, switching armors), the game suddenly terminates to the Android desktop without any error message or anything. This is especially 'funny' when a war is active and you're about to fight an opponent - the energy is consumed, but if you re-open the game, you get '0 points' reward for a battle you couldn't start.

'Free gems' broken since months

May I suggest to remove this item until this feature has been fixed? Alternatively, it could be renamed to 'Free gem chest with an 8x chance'. There has been no video correctly crediting gems to my account since months, although I have tried it (and thus, watched..) for about 20 times since. Given that it already takes that long to fix this known issue, I can't help but feel anger, as we spend our time and generate money for Gree watching these ads, but get kinda cheated on the promised reward for doing so. The same applies for the 'offer wall' that just displays some unreadable Internet error message since about the same time.

It would be great if the software department could look into these issues to reduce the risk for developing high blood pressure and secondary diseases of their customer base.
    Last edited by roookey1; 02-03-2015 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by roookey1 View Post
    Game freezes.
    Occasionally, when switching back to the game after another app came to the front, K&D freezes. Sometimes right at the last displayed scene. Sometimes with a black monitor. Sometimes, the app can be 'reanimated' by switching display off and then on again, but most often, that doesn't help and the app has to be terminated via Android's app settings. This is EXTREMELY annoying as it can lead to losing current progress in the game if the app's process has to be killed. Note that K&D is the only app with this behavior of all the dozens of apps I have installed, so for sure my phone can't be blamed.
    Indeed an issue. Here, though, I think GREE can't fix this. I have the same issue with other games because I love opening other apps and using them (e.g. Messengers to chat) for the 20-30 seconds before the game locks you out for a restart.
    This happens 1/1000 times, but it is annoying. I guess, it's something we will sadly have to bear with - As ever so often.

Game has to be reloaded.

This is new since today's update for the 100th mono-earth boss. Since the boss was activated, 'game must be reloaded' message for about a dozen of times alone (within 3 hours by now), so far leading to a loss of 2 x 3 EB energies, 1 time my EB progress wasn't saved (= 3 more energies lost) and a loss of 2 streaks in the arena (after restart, I was at point zero with my streak although I already had 3 or 4 before).
    This one is actually around since a while. I don't particularly see an increase in it, e.g. I didn't have to reload once today. Then again I don't fight the EB.

All of the mentioned issues are important ones and follow a long list of issues to fix.

It would be good if someone would look into it and carry this over to devs (Hi mods) just so we can all enjoy the game we play daily.

Cheers;
    ~ Phill
    Head of Majestic Nation
    GM of The Immortals, T50 Guild - Android
    Line ID: le-phill

Isn't mortality mainstream? It's 2015 - Don't be mortal, Join now!

Quote Originally Posted by roookey1 View Post

'Free gems' broken since months

May I suggest to remove this item until this feature has been fixed? Alternatively, it could be renamed to 'Free gem chest with an 8x chance'. There has been no video correctly crediting gems to my account since months, although I have tried it (and thus, watched..) for about 20 times since. Given that it already takes that long to fix this known issue, I can't help but feel anger, as we spend our time and generate money for Gree watching these ads, but get kinda cheated on the promised reward for doing so. The same applies for the 'offer wall' that just displays some unreadable Internet error message since about the same time.

It would be great if the software department could look into these issues to reduce the risk for developing high blood pressure and secondary diseases of their customer base.

Create a Fyber GmbH ID (how is in a thread somewhere on KnD forum) then complain to them about gems because Fyber does the gems for vids in game

FYI, since I posted this, the 'game must be reloaded' bug has disappeared for me. I think it has to do with me restarting the phone a few times since, that seems to have reset something. Anyhow, I hear members of our guild having to deal with this error message on a more or less regular basis, so there seem to be circumstances that bring it up and it doesn't seem to be possible to get rid of it by 'reloading the game', so it is an issue that would have to be looked into and fixed after all.

Regarding the freezing bug: I really don't think this is 'normal' behavior, as I for one don't have this issue with any other app on my phone. It can't be that the game freezes and its process has to be hard-terminated just after receiving a phone call or because the screen turns off. There are software techniques for such states of Android apps and I guess something has to be smoothed out there.

kind regards, r.

Here is a bug and exploit that almost isn't Worth mentioning since its so minor. But I geuss the programmers might want to know.

Often when I go look at the rankings of people in the arena or epic boss the game shuts down (i.e. crashes). I have to restart the app collect my gold again and craft my armor again as well. (this I am pretty sure everyone knows and has encountered this issue).

However I noticed while leveling my guild that the guild quest "collect 3.3 million gold from the buildings" will continuously add the gold i collect from my buildings even after i intentionally crash the game. FYI for the Gree programers.
    Smiley V3
    Veni Vidi Vici (V3). Top 10 players get HC positions
    Level 75 (iOS) 10/10 elemental bonuses for all elements

Line ID: smiley1688

While they're at it, maybe they could also add a 'feature' that protects us from wasting an energy unit if the app crashes after armor switching right before a (war) battle starts, bcoz that's really super annoying and happens like every 15th-20th time.

For a while for me now the gem videos let's me watch the advert but it seems to be on a continual loop of the "game of war" advert and not giving me the gem. Wonder if anyone knows anything about it since iv sent continual reports to gree and there not resolving it.

Quote Originally Posted by vengeful knights View Post
    For a while for me now the gem videos let's me watch the advert but it seems to be on a continual loop of the "game of war" advert and not giving me the gem. Wonder if anyone knows anything about it since iv sent continual reports to gree and there not resolving it.

Don't report it to Gree, report it to Fyber GmbH