An FYI on Triple Strikes

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An FYI on Triple Strikes

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count

An FYI on Triple Strikes

So my faction compiled tens of thousands of won attacks during the most recent wd, many/most of us have double and triple strike boosts, although not a ton of them. Each player reported getting only a small number of double strikes... and not a single triple strike out of 30k+ won attacks. Curious, I sent a ticket to gree and got back an explanation that said that if you have a 10% triple strike boost you do not have a 10% chance of getting a triple strike ONLY IF you have already been 'selected to get a double strike'.

For example , if you have 10% double strike and 10% triple strike:
    You spin 'wheel one' and have a 10% or 1/10 chance that your attack will result in a double strike. If you get lucky and have a double strike then you spin 'wheel two' and have a 10% or 1/10 chance that your double strike turns into a triple strike... so even though your triple strike boost says 10% you actually have a 1/100 or 1% chance of a triple strike.

Given that this acts completely differently from the double strike boost, and isn't posted in a single location in game I think it is worth sharing. Also, I still think that the odds are that someone in my faction should have gotten a triple strike...at least once you know. Yes there were more temp boosts last cycle (they'v been going down every cycle), but the strikes occurred much more frequently in the previous war. Did anyone else's faction defy the odds and not get any reported triples?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Good info and news to me. Without a decent double strike boost getting a triple is almost impossible.

Also, I heard of multiple doubles in my faction and had a few myself but I'm pretty sure none of
    Is had a triple.

Post Count
    anyone know why after hitting someone in WD like 10 times always winning (crap pts but that's SOP) up pops 'double strike' yay I think few extra pts then I LOSE??? so hit again an carry on winning WTF?
    485046391 & 565411567

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Lol... I guess this therefore means that a 1% double strike is much more valuable than a 1% triple strike, at least until you have a 67% double strike chance.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

I got a triple strike!

Screenshot_2015-02-01-20-51-52.jpg

I hope this picture works. I am level 244 with 2% double strike and 1% triple strike and whatever else was given as a temporary bonus last cycle. Although I did get a triple strike, I'm still not convinced it works the way it's supposed to with what Andy said.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    Lol... I guess this therefore means that a 1% double strike is much more valuable than a 1% triple strike, at least until you have a 67% double strike chance.
    Thats how I take it, which is confusing since triple strike rewards seem to be given to higher rank in events than doubles.

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by andy2 View Post
    Thats how I take it, which is confusing since triple strike rewards seem to be given to higher rank in events than doubles.
    Not exactly true. My mini got a triple strike. I didn't get one and only one double strike. Many of my guys got the double strike.

What we don't understand is why is it that we win our initial strike, then lose on a double strike?

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    i was hitting same player in WD, winning, and got a triple strike and lost. lmao

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by ezmunie View Post
    Not exactly true. My mini got a triple strike. I didn't get one and only one double strike. Many of my guys got the double strike.

What we don't understand is why is it that we win our initial strike, then lose on a double strike?
    Theres a glitch... I don't think you actually lose the second one, because you get valor,

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheldor Sir View Post
    anyone know why after hitting someone in WD like 10 times always winning (crap pts but that's SOP) up pops 'double strike' yay I think few extra pts then I LOSE??? so hit again an carry on winning WTF?
    Yes this happened to me many times losing on the second strike!!

3 different times i had this on a player where my attack was 50B higher than his defense and my EQUIP was 200 higher - Go figure - But i still keep playing

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    1800+ wins in the last WD (will post ss if youd like) not 1 triple strike! i did get double strikes (about every 50th win or so).
    EZ Brotherhood Officer

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Throughout the entire WD event, if I got a double strike, it counted as a loss, despite winning all four battles against an enemy. I had my target beat on stats, equipment, and personal arms. Still I lost. My faction mates had the same issues. The functionality for double strike during WD is broken as usual.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    andy, yes this is how it works, i got it confirmed by one of the developers a couple of months ago

REG at heart

SUPU - GHOSTS

Community Manager
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by italius View Post
    Throughout the entire WD event, if I got a double strike, it counted as a loss, despite winning all four battles against an enemy. I had my target beat on stats, equipment, and personal arms. Still I lost. My faction mates had the same issues. The functionality for double strike during WD is broken as usual.
    I just checked with the Development team regarding this. They are aware of this issue and are looking into it. If you experience this issue and have not yet filed a Customer Support inquiry, please do so. Thank you.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine View Post
    I just checked with the Development team regarding this. They are aware of this issue and are looking into it. If you experience this issue and have not yet filed a Customer Support inquiry, please do so. Thank you.
    you Seriously asking us to flood customers support with tickets on an issue that was around had tons of tickets send in last WD and didnt get fixed, didnt get Any answered.