6 4.08%
  • GREE CORPORATION OF COURSE!

33 22.45%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The legend of all time.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Sodium Nitrate is a legend in his own world.

Lurker
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Noonga has my vote...

Verbose Veteran Captain Steelman's Avatar
    Post Count
    Since there was, is and always will be, only one shining star in this game, I have to put my vote on the on the most obvious player.... I know there is a some great PUN/SUP players out there, and many more not mentioned here, but when it comes to a singel player´s contribution to his faction and to this game there is simple only one, Mr Ferr....

I also would like to lift up another great player, SUPERGIRL.... She is, together with Kristin, my favorite MW female... ;-)

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Steelman could you please tell masses about great contribution that Ferr provided to this game. And while you are thinking about that also could you please explain if he was so loved and admired why his lieutenants kicked him out from the flock?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by DEWIN NUTTIN View Post
    Have go yourself a go, mate.
    Tell us who is THE MW LEGEND of all LEGENDS?

feel free to WRITE IN anyone NOT on the list.
    THIEF from VFFL u forgot to put him on the list..not sure what u put riddler?mr freeze..he does nothing but run around and type retarded stuff on my wall..and Genie is runs around typeing stuff in his broken english that no one can understand lool
    Retired to free playing

sailing around in the world in my FORTUNE CARRIER!!!
    Post Count
    I vote for Ryan

Articulate Author East Coast Bias's Avatar
    Post Count
    Ok, I change my vote to Noonga as he has a love for SUP and ACE.

Verbose Veteran Captain Steelman's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Genen View Post
    Steelman could you please tell masses about great contribution that Ferr provided to this game. And while you are thinking about that also could you please explain if he was so loved and admired why his lieutenants kicked him out from the flock?
    Ok Genen... Since you ask in such a polite way I will...

1. Long before the times of factions there was only one great battle, the fight for the top 1 position as the strongest player in the game... One of the most wanted rewards was the rank 1 leaderboard box event reward, also called the auction event... Ferr did win this event over and over again with the rush strategy.. He collected up to 4-500 tokens in the last hour when the leaderboard was frozen... By doing so he frustrated a group of players that had formed a pack and called them selfs pirates. I do understand the feeling... To see your self at the top spot with a 200 token lead just to recive a slap in the face one hour later when finding out that Ferr wan with a 100 token lead.. LoL

Anyway, since none was 100% golden yet there was a way to dethrone Ferr and bring his stats down and that was to simple attack and raid him as much as possible in order to kill his units...Ferr had farmed a map reward unit that was very strong at the time and he had approx 1000 of them... So the pirates took turns and attacked him 24/7 in order to kill all of those units.. On top of that Ferr was at the time a monster IPH player with an IPH of 4 mil+.... The masses had never seen a lv10 Nano and Ferr had both at lv 10.... I dont think there is another player that have recived as many Allie requests as Ferr... Everyone wanted to scroll around in his base...

So came the day of factions and since the pirates already was more and less organized they formed PUN, Pirates Untited Nation, and many of them were top players that had fought Ferr in the past... However, Ferr was invited to join PUN but kindly refused... He wanted to keep this Ferr vs Pirates or Good vs Evil gameplay alive.... While the pirates was reqruiting with requierments, Ferr just invited anyone from this forum... So there we were, a peasant army in Ferr´s faction.... However, in the eye´s of Ferr we were all Emperors so thats why the faction name Ferr´s Emperors... ( Ferr´s, because of the past battles and since he was the archenemy of the pirates. Ferr´s became the trademark of good as well as the Pirates became the trademark of evil... And Emperors, because that was how he saw us, the members of his crew )

And then came the Brazil WD event... Who could belive that the peasant army, ( later called penguins ), should end up at rank 2..? Some thought Ferr scored most of the points himself, like 15-20 mil, but in fact it was a team effort... The battles continued all over the world and during the Ireland WD event there was a fearsome battle between PUN and Ferr´s Emperors.. The top 1 rank pending between the 2 factions and at the end, PUN ranked no 1 with a final score of 89mil vs 88 mil.... Had the Emperors got paired faster at the end there would have been one more battle for us and PUN would have had to see Ferr´s at rank 1.....

Anyway, this was too much for PUN and they knew that another battle like this and they will lose... So in order to secure the top spot they surrendered their name Pirate United Nation and merged with the rank 3 team, SUPERFACTION, and SUP ( Super United Pirates ) was born...
    One could almost say that Ferr and his team in the end actually did beat the Pirates since they changed their flag in order to host reinforces...

Well, all of this action we, in this forum, could follow and witness.... Without Ferr it would not have been the same... That is the contribution to this game by Ferr.... So he is the Legend of all Legends.. And even SUP knows this and acknowledge him as the Legend by the creation of a dedicated SUP chatroom for Ferr and his buildings collect times... That kind of sums it up, doesn´t it.....?

2. As you know, Genen, a leader cant be kicked.. He/she has to leave voluntary... In this case I think it was a mutual decision by Ferr and the Officers to handle over the leadership to RIPPER... We all know that Ferr steped out to slowly fade away and eventually leave the game, never to return...

And that´s my 2 cents.. But haters, what is it that they do..?

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    McDoc the godfather. Go VFF

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Genen View Post
    Gene,
    don't worry about the old flock. worry about these new generation birds. And you are pissing me off, are you gonna vote for me or not?

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Seriously? I normally find your posts kind of interesting, but you are clutching at straws with this one. Maybe I should keep my thoughts to myself, but "legends" ? Come on it's just someone who is willing to spend more money than the next guy.
    I like this game, in fact more than I probably should, but I don't believe there are actual legends that emerge from it, so I will refrain from casting a vote.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by J1mcrane View Post
    Seriously? I normally find your posts kind of interesting, but you are clutching at straws with this one. Maybe I should keep my thoughts to myself, but "legends" ? Come on it's just someone who is willing to spend more money than the next guy.
    I like this game, in fact more than I probably should, but I don't believe there are actual legends that emerge from it, so I will refrain from casting a vote.

I'm sorry you find this thread less than what you've come to expect from the friendly, fine folk of DEW NUTTIN.
    Is there nothing we can DEW to help you?
    As a proud DEW NUTTIN, we value the feedback we receive from the public.
    We DEW try to please as we strive to TEASE.

Perhaps, Merriam-Webster can better explain LEGEND for all of us.
    leg·end

noun \ˈle-jənd\ : a story from the past that is believed by many people but cannot be proved to be true
    : a famous or important person who is known for doing something extremely well

Examples of LEGEND

• I don't believe the legends I've heard about that tapper or this game.
    • The legend that grew over many lost weekends.
    • He became a Modern War legend.
    • DEW NUTTIN customer service is legendary in their warped, confused, tiny minds.
    • The gravestone bears the legend “May she forever tap in Peace.”
    Last edited by DEWIN NUTTIN; 02-03-2015 at 04:09 AM.
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    No need to apologise, you can't alway hit the metaphoric nail on the head with every post, I'll just avert my eyes.
    Thanks for clearing up the meaning of "legend", though this only cements further my belief that Legends doth emerge from a game by Gree.

Banned
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by J1mcrane View Post
    There are many legends in this game, though almost none are actually listed in the poll. Those that actually DID do something. Danimal & Larry (and all of their lesser known helpers), Dev before them, I forget the name but whoever it was that initially provided us all with various game calculators, McDoc (if you know, you know; if not, I don't want to restart an old debate), and others this tired brain can't recall. Hell, even CJ deserves an honorary mention (we never said it had to be for something good lol).

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by MW Flake View Post
    There are many legends in this game, though almost none are actually listed in the poll. Those that actually DID do something. Danimal & Larry (and all of their lesser known helpers), Dev before them, I forget the name but whoever it was that initially provided us all with various game calculators, McDoc (if you know, you know; if not, I don't want to restart an old debate), and others this tired brain can't recall. Hell, even CJ deserves an honorary mention (we never said it had to be for something good lol).
    Yeah point taken. I was thinking of people who just sat there and tap tap tapped, I don't consider that legendary. Though the game is about building friendships and a community, in that respect, those people who help that building process are in with a shout.