Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: The legend of all time.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Alex FTW!
    Lol for several wars our entire alliance changed our name to "Alex"

Post Count
    This thread should have been titled the most popular MW forum member. Tons of great players don't post in the forum. The poll is titled greatest tapper. That would be Riddler followed by Gene. As far as greatest players in MW, I think a track record of winning and faction leadership should be considered. Wait that's Stephen and Gene also. Now most popular person in the forum is without question Ferr, he wins that.

BTW - that list is nuts. It's only forum members and the ripper. Only a few guys belong there. The rest our there because they are active forum members.
    Last edited by Allday; 02-18-2015 at 05:08 PM.

If you'd like to know. We can play the hotter,colder game.
    Post Count
    Ferr simply because he had so many rooting for him. Everyone wanted to see the Pirates get dethroned. But lots of legends for their own reasons. Those pirate fellas for creating a dynasty, Mcdoc for creating VFF, Flan and capt gin for being the biggest trolls. Hello kitty for being the hottest chick to play this game. Bronson and albeezy for their rap battles and Mw's news.
    We didn't build a faction. We built a franchise. Veteran Forum Fighters

If you have the AR DRONE, then I don't mind hearing you complain about your stuff being devalued.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Selfproclaimed View Post
    Ferr simply because he had so many rooting for him. Everyone wanted to see the Pirates get dethroned. But lots of legends for their own reasons. Those pirate fellas for creating a dynasty, Mcdoc for creating VFF, Flan and capt gin for being the biggest trolls. Hello kitty for being the hottest chick to play this game. Bronson and albeezy for their rap battles and Mw's news.

Mcdoc had help creating vff. A lot of help, hassleham, myself, baraka, even warpenis and ranger4life had a hand in that VFF Dynasty. How many of us had to listen to Steve go on and on about water finding its own level, and that VFF was going to be an ark or something. McDoc did a lot but he had a lot of help too.

Urbz gets kicked off that top list. He did more to divide factions than he ever did to help them. Aside from some DAMNED fine artwork, he was a pain in everyones ass.

Somewhere JB and I deserve a vote for two different top 2 factions. And, I would gladly give up my spot to true gemini.

But SP I do agree with the rest of your list.

Wish most of you well and the rest of you to fall in one.

-J

Brotherhood Without Banners
    -
    The Pros from Dover.
    436 633 501

Post Count
    Oh yeah,
    I'm bringing it back.

Brotherhood Without Banners
    -
    The Pros from Dover.
    436 633 501

Post Count
    The list is a joke. CBB, Foo fighter, Artie, Fofito, Bill, USA, TJ, Jason 1, pirate lord, pirate enforcer, Jackie, Freddy, King scorpion , George. Plus many many others. Come on
    Last edited by Allday; 02-19-2015 at 06:00 PM.

Post Count
    Lol j Henry

Post Count
    I'm not very important, but I know it. Jh you aren't either.

Post Count
    LMAO - I'm sure Pirate Lord thanks you should get the credit for VFF. Wait I bet
    he doesn't care
    Last edited by Allday; 02-19-2015 at 07:04 PM.

Consistent Contributor fofito30's Avatar
    Post Count
    A legend as defined is someone that reaches the pinnacle of all the important social aspects. Applied to MW should not only be a title awarded to someone by a mere publicity stunt or popularity contest, but it should also be a player that embodies the full extend of achievements in our game.
    This game of ours revolves and evolves in a constant pace, so what was important back in 2012 is but only a memory today. Back then we wouldn't dare imagine a single 1 million stat unit or reaching billion stat armies. The biggest goals were to develop an IPH to balance the need to replace units lost during the now wrongly called PvP (back then was actually attacking or raiding another player as part of the game), fighting it out during the once a week events (specially those leaderboard auctions) and trying to reach to the goal of level 35 in boss event.
    Back then names like Speed Ump's accounts (Mr. freeze and Riddler), Ferr, PJ, Devlin (whose actual interest in helping other gamers enjoy the ILTQ events for less gold than intended by Funzio/Gree -didn't have factions back then- made him their public enemy), were the most talked about as game leaders and legends. Also, being fair we have to add the leaders and officers of Superfaction, Wide Wide Warriors, VFF, Dogs of War, ST6, et al former top 10 factions whose dedication and countless hours invested into organizing their factions, recruiting, developing tactics for war and events.
    In essence what am trying to say, without going into a "he said he said " argument over the PUN/FERR feud, is the game has had many legends, guys and girls that have given a lot to the community one way or another, yet after years playing 1 stands over the rest and that's Speed Ump.
    In my view he is tireless player who consistently been playing at a high level ever since MW App came out, a visionary leader who not only formed PUN but made the wise and smart choices and adjustments to keep the number 1 spot by alliances, mergers and recruiting, a proven winner, an overzealous protector of the quality of the game, a tactician if said word can be applied to a tapping game (those who have played the game long enough and participated in a top10 faction knows that tactics are important in MW).
    Maybe Ferr rightfully deserves the title of legend, along with the likes of McDoc, Ripper, BirdTrapper, Gene, USA, Thief, Godfather/Consigliery, etc.; but he isn't nor reaches the category of the game all time legend by a long shot.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by fofito30 View Post
    A legend as defined is someone that reaches the pinnacle of all the important social aspects. Applied to MW should not only be a title awarded to someone by a mere publicity stunt or popularity contest, but it should also be a player that embodies the full extend of achievements in our game.
    This game of ours revolves and evolves in a constant pace, so what was important back in 2012 is but only a memory today. Back then we wouldn't dare imagine a single 1 million stat unit or reaching billion stat armies. The biggest goals were to develop an IPH to balance the need to replace units lost during the now wrongly called PvP (back then was actually attacking or raiding another player as part of the game), fighting it out during the once a week events (specially those leaderboard auctions) and trying to reach to the goal of level 35 in boss event.
    Back then names like Speed Ump's accounts (Mr. freeze and Riddler), Ferr, PJ, Devlin (whose actual interest in helping other gamers enjoy the ILTQ events for less gold than intended by Funzio/Gree -didn't have factions back then- made him their public enemy), were the most talked about as game leaders and legends. Also, being fair we have to add the leaders and officers of Superfaction, Wide Wide Warriors, VFF, Dogs of War, ST6, et al former top 10 factions whose dedication and countless hours invested into organizing their factions, recruiting, developing tactics for war and events.
    In essence what am trying to say, without going into a "he said he said " argument over the PUN/FERR feud, is the game has had many legends, guys and girls that have given a lot to the community one way or another, yet after years playing 1 stands over the rest and that's Speed Ump.
    In my view he is tireless player who consistently been playing at a high level ever since MW App came out, a visionary leader who not only formed PUN but made the wise and smart choices and adjustments to keep the number 1 spot by alliances, mergers and recruiting, a proven winner, an overzealous protector of the quality of the game, a tactician if said word can be applied to a tapping game (those who have played the game long enough and participated in a top10 faction knows that tactics are important in MW).
    Maybe Ferr rightfully deserves the title of legend, along with the likes of McDoc, Ripper, BirdTrapper, Gene, USA, Thief, Godfather/Consigliery, etc.; but he isn't nor reaches the category of the game all time legend by a long shot.
    Wow well said

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    bwahaahahahahaahahaaha

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Wow Fo, those are some names to remember for sure. Some good names that everyone is mentioning.

Starting the game in VFF Alpha, I saw McDoc and Thief, yes there were others, but these guys worked tirelessly for everyone within VFF. They put aside their own egos when others could not and did a great job This does not count the effort they have both put on the boards. So for me, would recommend those two for all of VFF and its many branches.

SUP is and was a dynasty. Stephen, Gene and so many other great names in the game worked hard to try and police it, hammering racist comments and trying to make it better for everyone. Those of you with conspiracy theories, having been on the inside, they are just good, quality people. An honor to know them.

So many factions have come and gone it is sad really. The forums have denigrated to people whining about bringing back the LE, why they cant get the masters prize or the top boss, etc.

Be nice to get the remaining old timers back on here, but most of us chat elsewhere now, and that is OK too I suppose, but still miss seeing some quality people who are here to help.

If I may also add Larry Jackson and Danimal. They do a great service just like Devlin. Thanks for the help guys.

I am very fortunate to have friends in most of the top factions and guess what, they are fun, decent folk who want to play a game, avoid drama and steer clear of the hackers and cheats.

In the end, most people will know their faction and recommend people from within. But when you look at the community at large, there are some major players that stand out and many of those on the inital vote list do not quaify IMO and enjoy the comments from the old timers who have long term perspective.
    MW - THE PIRATES[TM]

Top 25 team - Think you have what it takes to be a pirate? PM me and let's talk

CoC - PUN PIRATES

Post Count
    There have been many legends in the past and still now.

Gene/Speed: for building up the SUP empire and keeping it Number 1
    VFF guys like McDoc, Thief: for helping other players on the forum
    PJ: for his countless threads about uhmm "nuttin"
    Last but not least current legends and big contributors Lary Jackson and Danimal!
    Global Strike Force

Post Count
    Fyi it is Devin not Devlin... It was a sad day when Funzio silenced him for helping the rest of us.

My recollection is that General Insane and Dingleberry formed PUN and Speed joined PUN after being invited/targeted.

Many legends have come and gone sadly.
    Last edited by Agent Orange; 02-20-2015 at 05:58 AM.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13