Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Armor Trading Debate

As I was reading through the "What Kind Of New Content..." thread I noticed a lot of posts that were about trading armors. There were many that want some type of armor trading system, but there were also quite a bit who are against the idea. This thread is dedicated to that debate.
    Would a trading system be helpful or detrimental to KnD? How? There is no "right" answer, but I know alot of you have interesting ones. Of course stick to the forum's conduct policy and remember counter arguments don't need to belittle other people.

Nope, nope & nope! Would it be fair if people just starting or fairly new to the game were able to be virtually gifted Epics because they got lucky in a guild that had someone with excess epics? Epics should be earned not traded for!

Quote Originally Posted by Mos20 View Post
    Nope, nope & nope! Would it be fair if people just starting or fairly new to the game were able to be virtually gifted Epics because they got lucky in a guild that had someone with excess epics? Epics should be earned not traded for!
    Epics can trade only with epics under some conditions, such as epic element or how old the epics are...i find it a good idea under conditions of course...
    And epics i dont think that they re really earned, a big part based on luck(chests, fusions). only some players earn them through wars or raids...

I would say you "earn" epics through fusion. The only 2 epics I have I got through fusion...and I had to fuse A LOT of armors (99% being 4* armors) and got a lot of weak, not-worth-it armors. I agree anyone can get epics from the chance chests, but if you're a supporter of the trade system do you see recieving an epic through a trade system more "earned" than getting one through fusion?

I think armor trading should not be posssible. K&D is a game where the best armors cost serious money to get and being able to trade them between A and B actually effects player C (A giving a T10 armour to non-gemmer B who now has a better armour than C who gemmed T25).

Writing that as a non-gemmer myself.

Make it only to people in guild

No armor trading...... I can't stand it that people can sell accounts to other people who haven't "earned" the right to own good armor. Account buying circumvents that privilege and armor trading would do the same thing.

Im opposed to armor trading but I think players should be allowed to "auction" away armors where the player puts the armor up and sets a minimum price they'll accept. Then people have x amount of time to bid. Then gree gets a cut of the gems used by the winning bidder and the remainder would go to the player.

I think this could work because it would allow players to get armors they want and not negatively impact gree's bottom line. After all, someone had to purchase the gems to win the armor and gree would get a cut as the "auction house" removing those gems from play.

Plus it eliminates the "favoritism" aspect of trading that so many players find objectionable since the buyer and seller would both be anonymous.

1st time on here. Learning as I go. How the heck do I get Gree to fix a glitch in my game? It has been over a month and it is ridiculous. They keep closing the ticket but never doing anything. Frustrated!

Quote Originally Posted by Carla Fraser DeVries View Post
    1st time on here. Learning as I go. How the heck do I get Gree to fix a glitch in my game? It has been over a month and it is ridiculous. They keep closing the ticket but never doing anything. Frustrated!
    Just get used to their act of closing tickets as they obviously lack customer service skills and the people
    Check out my friend's Forum: http://wolfslayerx.proboards.com/

Average in War: 45k points and willing to do 100k and above if required or necessary
    Average in Raid: 6M points and willing to do 15M and above if required or necessary

IMO, trading would negatively affect GREE's profit margins, however it was implemented. Even with the "Auction" style trading, yes GREE would get money from the gems purchased to make the bid, but it would reduce the amount of gems a player would spend to get the armor they are bidding for, rather than trying to get it in a chance chest or guild event.
    Retired. Guild still active and recruiting.
    Recruitment Thread: http://forums.gree.net/showthread.ph...86#post1550586

Quote Originally Posted by Carla Fraser DeVries View Post
    For glitches that you notice but not necessarily associated with account details and is graphical or just a nuisance will probably be closed. Those type of tickets do not require further response as the development team is in the process of fixing the error. Once fixed, the update will be pushed into the next available in-game or play store update.

Hi,

Just to add to what legalious wrote, you should still receive a reply from CS before a ticket is closed.

Also, some graphical glitches can be due to a a wi-fi issue and in that case CS won't be able to assist you.

Well back to topic... I think the auction house is an awesome idea. People with multiple epics, such as the constant t10 runners, I kno they have multiple epics of the same combo. While the weaker ones r outdated for them, theyre still stronger for other ppl who would gladly pay gems for them.
    I hear the argument "but then weaker players would have epics they didnt earn", if the auction house is put into place they will "earn" them as theyre paying gems. Also, it takes 2 ppl to make a trade... the person putting up the armor for auction and the person buying it.

Tldr; The auction house is an awesome idea imo and would be a great success if implemented

I'm going to share some of my opinions on this matter, so prepare yourselves for a wall of text.

Trading is a pretty nice idea. After all, it kind of connects the community, making it possible to actually interact with other players in other ways than only fighting. However, I can not see armor trading being implemented just like that for several reasons.

First of all, KnD is different from many other mobile app games. Let me use some other games I play as comparisons. Most online games like KnD have some kind of trading system, but they also have multiple currencies used for different things in-game. Basically, when you trade, you can trade for many different things. It would be pointless to trade an armor for another armor with the same stats (and otherwise, why would you trade it?) unless you just want to change elements. And that's a really small thing for a feature like trading to be implemented. So now, of course it's possible to ask for gold or gems too. But the economy in KnD doesn't really work like that. I'll come to this point later.

Another thing that is necessary for trading is the actual demand. Some games require you to possess multiple copies of an item (armor/card etc.) to evolve it which means that you have to trade to get them. And most of these games have more depth to them. KnD is set up with 3 knights in battle and each armor has a regular and plus version. This means that the game works in a different way. Basically, once you get an armor, all you need to do is level it. And you only need 3 armors in your actual team. (Although different elements are important too, but that's beside the point.) What I want to say is that this system doesn't lend itself well to a trading system.

So what is my suggestion? If we want a trading system, KnD needs a massive overhaul. Add some special items and ways to use them? I know that it's really, really vague, but I mean things like events and new features. This is just a random example, but let's say that there's a new feature that allows you to do x to earn special items that can be used to craft y. (Even more vague... but I hope you get what I mean) This special item can also be traded which means that you can trade armors for these special items. Basically, we can't just implement an armor-for-armor or armor-for-gems (Imo, that's just stupid. You gem to get a t10 armor to sell it for gems? Wat) system.

Now, this is purely my opinion, so please don't jump on me and yell if you disagree. ^^;