Page 1 of 2 12 Last

how many epics should you keep??

IMO u def should have 3 epics for each connected elements (water/air, spirit/earth etc.) and 1 each for mono element and non connected elements.

I'm not a trophy hoarder, so once an epic becomes useless to me, it's gone.

So I'm curious as to how many epics you think you should have.

Thanx for info
    GM of Crypt Keepers WBQ-BDG-DPF

As many as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by Royil View Post
    As many as possible...
    But u can't equip more than 2 mono element epics at once or 3 duel element epics at once..
    For example...once I had 2 firestorms and a triskelian, I got rid of sky majesty.
    Once I get this heroic plus, I'll have to get rid of performer's because I also have primordial +.

There is No reason to keep them if they are useless.

3 of each combination and 2 of each mono if you want to have all the answers for anything you might ever encounter. That's my goal anyway.........

Quote Originally Posted by Lord P View Post
    3 of each combination and 2 of each mono if you want to have all the answers for anything you might ever encounter. That's my goal anyway.........
    That is my goal too

technically if you have one of each combination + the mono elements you should always have 3 armors that are strong against any boss. That being said i keep 2 of the elements that follow each other for the 200% attack bonus (air/water, water/fire, fire/sprit, spirit/earth and earth/air) for additional power. three of every combination is overkill IMO.
    Smiley V3
    Veni Vidi Vici (V3). Top 10 players get HC positions
    Level 75 (iOS) 10/10 elemental bonuses for all elements

Line ID: smiley1688

My plan is to get/keep 3 of connected elements, 2 of each mono, and I will keep 1 of non-connected elements, based on stats.
    Retired. Guild still active and recruiting.
    Recruitment Thread: http://forums.gree.net/showthread.ph...86#post1550586

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley80 View Post
    technically if you have one of each combination + the mono elements you should always have 3 armors that are strong against any boss. That being said i keep 2 of the elements that follow each other for the 200% attack bonus (air/water, water/fire, fire/sprit, spirit/earth and earth/air) for additional power. three of every combination is overkill IMO.
    I agree with you under normal circumstances, for the normal player, however if you aspire to be top of the line and want the most economical day at the Raid War or Epic Boss, then nothing makes life easier than having all three matching counter elements. Having three matching counter elements in a Raid can be the difference between spending 800 gems for t10 minimums vs spending 1200 gems for the same.

I think the point Smiley is making is that if you already have a set of three "near" element armors of each of the 5 combinations, you already have the necessary tools for every scenario. Obviously you will use those when matched up against a boss with a near element combo for the double bonus, but even if it is a "far" element combo boss, you still will always have a set of three armors which match up properly for the single element bonus and no weakness. At that point, it's just about trying to get stronger armors with the single element bonus which can be accomplished by obtaining monos or other far element armors. Of course this assumed that you prefer to never try the double bonus against a far element boss which I think is a losing proposition usually.

2 of every mono and 3 of each combination equaling 40 armors. past that its just collecting

Quote Originally Posted by timsta007 View Post
    Of course this assumed that you prefer to never try the double bonus against a far element boss which I think is a losing proposition usually.
    Usually. But for lower level bosses, far elements yield nice results.

I forgot to mention the benefit of having all the far armors is the ability to use a specific element on every knight. For example, the earth knight can only have a water strong armor if you have an earth/water combo (thanks capt obvious). If you only collect near armors and monos you will be limited when playing heroic mode for example.

3 of every element combination and 1 to 2 monos of each

Quote Originally Posted by Adisty View Post
    My plan is to get/keep 3 of connected elements, 2 of each mono, and I will keep 1 of non-connected elements, based on stats.
    I'm starting to believe 3 for adjacent elements, 2 for non-adjacent elements, 1 for monos, should be sufficient. but right now I have 3 for all dual-elements and 2 for monos, with the exception of starmetal/chrome.

Quote Originally Posted by timsta007 View Post
    I think the point Smiley is making is that if you already have a set of three "near" element armors of each of the 5 combinations, you already have the necessary tools for every scenario. Obviously you will use those when matched up against a boss with a near element combo for the double bonus, but even if it is a "far" element combo boss, you still will always have a set of three armors which match up properly for the single element bonus and no weakness. At that point, it's just about trying to get stronger armors with the single element bonus which can be accomplished by obtaining monos or other far element armors. Of course this assumed that you prefer to never try the double bonus against a far element boss which I think is a losing proposition usually.
    Again, no issue with what is being said for normal players. I'm talking top of the line here...... and what applies in raids and eb contests don't necessarily translate to the arena and guild wars. For me at least there are occasions in a guild war in which I want that 100% bonus against unlinked elements...... especially against that first knight. Might not mean anything to the average player but against an equal or greater opponent at the highest levels, a critical hit, miss, or poorly arranged defense means you'll lose.