Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

10 22.22%
  • no

35 77.78%
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

HEROIC MODE: shorter time/lower droprate

Yes it is frustrating to me that they continue to make the event harder but it is understandable that gree doesn't want to just give away plus armor. I will most likely gem a bit to get the plus version this time but I'm not sure yet as there is still 12 days left. I was more or less making this thread to get others opinions on the issue and hopefully a response from gree as to do they intend to make the next event also shorter/lower drop rate or is this where they were looking to be. And one last question will this issue cause any of you to stop playing? Answer the poll and let gree know.
    Last edited by Sean A Roberts; 01-27-2015 at 09:08 AM.
    Name: NK Xidus
    Guild: NK Massive
    Friend Code: WBR-GPP-CCD

I would generally define myself as p2p, although not spending 200$ a week on this like others are.

It wouldn't ever cause me to quit. If it was the only way to get Epics, it might, as Pay2Win would turn into Pay2Play, forcefully.
    i personally will finish but that is due to covering any element combo with a Generation 5 or upwards GW/Chest Epic and friends having mostly recent EW/Raid+ epics.

Let's see what happens ~5 Heroic modes from here on though, can't wait!

Cheers;
    ~ Phill
    Head of Majestic Nation
    GM of The Immortals, T50 Guild - Android
    Line ID: le-phill

Isn't mortality mainstream? It's 2015 - Don't be mortal, Join now!

A shorter time would make me quit playing the heroic mode for the plus version.
    Retired. Guild still active and recruiting.
    Recruitment Thread: http://forums.gree.net/showthread.ph...86#post1550586

Its not like I can get the plus version in the first place. No effect on me.

it takes me 8 days to complete everything. I do not gem, but i use about 25 potions and friends. I have 15 maxed epics including 4 plus versions.

making it harder (i.e. less days) is normal and a good modification from the first heroic. 1 month gave enough time to a rookie player to get an epic plus. Now someone with no epics can get their first epic for free and people who are full of epics can get an epic plus for free.

there is also a secondary effect that through wars and raids then can cycle every armor combination in 4 months. with raids it would take 16 months to see the element combination come around again (unless they only anticipate doing mono elements)

i like the changes, it makes it more challenging but very doable.
    Smiley V3
    Veni Vidi Vici (V3). Top 10 players get HC positions
    Level 75 (iOS) 10/10 elemental bonuses for all elements

Line ID: smiley1688

The hardest part is being able to craft with the low armor inventory
    dRRock
    The Rainbow Room GM // Rainbow Party // The Rainbow Rug
    LINE: dRRock1
    Talren Annihilator #1 Talren Stampede Raid

Hahahah

First of all, those of you who are using this thread as an opportunity to brag "oh i have 2500 random junk in my armory as an indirect results of all the gemming I have done" or "Oh i have 245 epics so I don't care" You are all pathetic. Yeah you must be such a big man and all your randomly purchased expensive pixels totally prove it.

Let's stay on topic, shall we?

I for one like the idea that it's challenging to craft epic+. Whether you spend money on it or not, all epics and especially epic+ should be hard to come by, and I like that we have to actually struggle to craft it in time. Even the non plus version of the armor is pretty decent, and worth using, and it's a nice and refreshing thought knowing that if you keep working at it, you will get it. This is completely different from opening chests or fusing, as you don't really know what you are going to get.

Already having epic is becoming the norm, not an exception. If you want a decent success in war or in arena, it's pretty much mandatory that you have to have epics. If crafting epic+ was so easy, it will just make everyone's armors cancel each other out.

... and regarding some comments about how it's impossible to earn all the crystals in time, I don't agree at all. Yeah, the drop rates seem to have been lowered and we don't have too many days to complete the heroic mode, but I can still get a lot done in a day if I carefully time my energy refills... and maybe a handful of potions if I get impatient. It's not impossible at all, and for those who are really struggling, I think it could happen to you if you don't have a good complete set of armors... so maybe this is a sign that you need to keep working at improving your collection. Maybe in the next heroics event you will have much easier time?

For your information, I can collect about 8-10 shards a day with moderate amount of game play, and much more than that during weekends. I balance difficult levels (later stages) with easier levels so I can use all my armors efficiently with optimal element alignment.
    Last edited by watermelon; 01-28-2015 at 12:46 AM.

It's frustrating but I understand why they did it. It was just to easy to get an epic+. I like that it's harder. I'll still get the plus with no gems, just higher activity.
    Gordo
    Cafe Noir HC

Quote Originally Posted by watermelon View Post
    Hahahah

First of all, those of you who are using this thread as an opportunity to brag "oh i have 2500 random junk in my armory as an indirect results of all the gemming I have done" or "Oh i have 245 epics so I don't care" You are all pathetic. Yeah you must be such a big man and all your randomly purchased expensive pixels totally prove it.
    Loooool this watermelon is super bitter!

dRRock has a really valid point that doesn't affect just big gemmers. With heroic and also epic boss collection events, you save a load of 2 stars etc ready to level them to 35 to start crafting plus versions and you can't craft cos you don't have room. It's frustrating. And it's a fact that some people DO have over 100 epics whether watermelon likes it or not, how are you supposed to participate?
    Indi RE
    Rainbow Europe GM
    Global - Rainbow Clay/Rainbow Rug - Retired

Quote Originally Posted by SBBL Indigo View Post
    Loooool this watermelon is super bitter!

dRRock has a really valid point that doesn't affect just big gemmers. With heroic and also epic boss collection events, you save a load of 2 stars etc ready to level them to 35 to start crafting plus versions and you can't craft cos you don't have room. It's frustrating. And it's a fact that some people DO have over 100 epics whether watermelon likes it or not, how are you supposed to participate?
    Gree did state that it was a limitation of the program and hardware that they must have limited spots for armor..... kind of sad programming if you ask me but this is what they said. I just have to smelt things even if I don't want to. Sad but true.

P.S. check your inbox....

With some decent EB armors you should be able to get the epic version. Once you have some good epics you should be able to also finish the epic+ part. With the current timing and drop rates I can still do the epic+ part without gemming or using potions. I think it is good they shortened the time because it should not be easy for everybody to get a free epic+

Meh

Quote Originally Posted by Sean A Roberts View Post
    Yes it is frustrating to me that they continue to make the event harder but it is understandable that gree doesn't want to just give away plus armor. I will most likely gem a bit to get the plus version this time but I'm not sure yet as there is still 12 days left. I was more or less making this thread to get others opinions on the issue and hopefully a response from gree as to do they intend to make the next event also shorter/lower drop rate or is this where they were looking to be. And one last question will this issue cause any of you to stop playing? Answer the poll and let gree know.
    Meh. It's just something to do at this point, the real issue is the lack of story content and USELESS personal quests.

need to get different bosses and not reusing the same bosses in every heroic mode event

Exclamation heroic drop rate sucks

Hi all.. not happy GREEE

Attacked heroic boss for second last crystal with 2 shards left (with special attack or not) 13 times no drop..

is this a glitch?

Several people in danger group also stuck at the same point

what's going on?

I have noticed in the last couple days the drop rate decrease significantly. 15-20% drop rate. two days ago i got 0/3 from the dark prince stage and yesterday i got 1/5. And before geting to the dark prince in the last couple days it is a 1/6 average drop rate. painful. I am not in jeapordy (I think) but there may be unhappy campers soon
    Smiley V3
    Veni Vidi Vici (V3). Top 10 players get HC positions
    Level 75 (iOS) 10/10 elemental bonuses for all elements

Line ID: smiley1688