Reminder on Pre-Staging - Page 5

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Reminder on Pre-Staging

Consistent Contributor KillerDriller's Avatar
    Post Count
    If one cant prestage, what am i supposed to do with my energy? i havent had any personal missions in months. The only place for me to spend energy is on events as they are announced or prestage if i dont want to waste health on a useless event. I used to get personal missions in the lower section of the goals board. Now nothing. Gree says sorry for the inconvenience. ROTFL

Verbose Veteran good gawd noooo's Avatar
    Post Count
    that explains some things ironically NOT ALL my prestaging was reset just a couple lvls. with this happening and the cost of energy this is the last time I will no longer do solo and faction in sync. that is truly a sad day for me. but gree is just killing the game and I honestly feel they are fully aware that they are killing it. this game has lasted almost 2 years longer then they expected. They are getting all they can out of you before it is shut down at this point its possible a boycott could be all they need to just shut it down. then again it may do what you hope as well. tough call, However gree counts on the if I miss this event I will lose progress and all will be wasted mentality a lot of the long time players have. It really is an addiction and asking a crack head to just not take crack for a week to get the dealer to lower their prices.. just not gonna happen.... I like many are getting closer and closer to the door and when we go threw it we wont be back(to ANY gree title)(bet they end up changing name of company in next few years). Gree is all about the money and any company worries about profit but gree takes it to the point that is just plain sickening. Anyway point is doing events in sync use to be an effective tool to increase stats faster then just doing faction side,, Gree has made that too costly and thus many wont even bother anymore.. they have increased the cost by double and now the rewards are jokes I mean really 10% raid payout hell highers up players don't raid as much as before and since its stacking that 10% is actually more like a what 2 percent at best total increase and you want players to spend a vault for that.. get real gree either wake up and save this game or shut it down already ..but this steady decline is actually kind of sadistic by you guys making your players suffer to the bitter end

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine View Post
    Stepping in to add a few clarifications as there seems to be some confusion:

1. We have never explicitly supported "pre-staging" targets prior to an event.
    2. We will never intentionally wipe progress on targets prior to an event.
    3. There has been no policy change on this issue of any sort.
    4. Resetting hits on targets during an event should never happen. If this does happen, please send us a ticket immediately.

Additionally, a friendly reminder to please refrain from attacking or insulting others.
    Clementine,

1. We all know this and seems odd that your new Community Manager posting this info. We were concerned the timing of it. Was there a hidden purpose to this?

2. We know Gree will never "intentionally" wipe the progress, but all kinds accidents and bugs do happen with this game, more often than most would think should be happening.

3. Again, timing of posting this "caveat" seems suspicious.

4. When "anything" that could go wrong happens in the middle of an event, sending in a ticket seems like as good as yelling for customer support out of my window. Customer support most of the time responds after the event has finished or so much time has passed that trying to catch-up the these time sensitive events, it is almost impossible to complete the goals in time.

If you want your players to feel confident "problems" gets addressed in a timely manner, Gree will need to have a Customer Support system that can at least respond that an actual person has received their ticket within 2 to 4 hours. An automated response is useless to know that an actual person has even read our tickets. The automated response that our ticket was received will only tell us that our tickets made it into your system.

Do you see the dilemma when submitting a ticket during a time-constrained event and not getting a response from an actual person in time, rarely happens here?

I submitted a ticket once and took almost 2 weeks for an actual person to respond back to me and another 2 weeks for Gree to fix my problem. Not a very good history with Customer Support.

And if you don't want pre-staging to minimize possible problems, you could release them on the time when the event starts. But let's face it, a number of times your events do not start on time because of some unforeseen problems.

So release the NPCs at the very last minute and see how many will stop doing the LTQs. They might do only the FLTQs I think there will be less people doing the ILTQs. Especially when the LTQs are requiring more energy and have less valuable rewards than before.

I personally prefer pre-staging the LTQs. It is the only way I can ever have a slight chance of completing them.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    more to the point, if gree doesnt want items prehit, or items incorrectly hit, then remove all targets from a map.

those that are not active should not appear. those from previous events should be removed. those from coming events should only be there when live.

all this extra stuff is bs from gaming theory to give people an opportunity to "hit the wrong target" and make them spend their way out of a situo with gold.

gree also has invisible targets on maps... i think this happens because the rendering of items is slow, but sometimes targets take 30 seconds or more to show up. then can still be hit, causing wasted energy. like when i see the green arrow guys and hit, but an invisible target is activated via touch.

gree guys! you are running people off in droves. stop the stupidity, fix your issues and dont create others on purpose.

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    I wonder if how things are going

this game will ever be alive to see the "awesome" new stuff the Devs are working on to release later in the year................at this rate, I do not think there will be a MW to release it to lol

Articulate Author East Coast Bias's Avatar
    Post Count

4. Resetting hits on targets during an event should never happen. If this does happen, please send us a ticket immediately.

Additionally, a friendly reminder to please refrain from attacking or insulting others.
    Again, your colleague should take a few courses in communications before coming out of nowhere and posting something which was clearly lacking clarity. The bottom line is if you release them, it should be fair game. Your inability to have events start on time and without errors could be some of the reasons as to why you feel a need to release the targets early (or perhaps you do support pre event prestaging). Regardless, the fix is simple. Don't release the targets until 2pm PST of the day of the event, not one minute early or late. You would get no complaints from the community other than the typical folks who complain about everything from why they were born as a man to why Jeb Bush is a viable candidate. Sure, you will find that fewer players complete events and you daily click per player statistics might even fall, but then that will be a chance for you guys to reassess what level of energy makes sense in the new no prestage enviroment. Again, this has always been in your ability to control, but for whatever reason until now, your company hasn't done the obvious thing to address prestaging. Telling your players xyz after all these years seems like a poor decision. Release the new NPCs at the start of the event (on time too) and we'd have nothing to complain about. Now is that too hard to understand?

Community Manager
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolinz View Post
    Clementine,

1. We all know this and seems odd that your new Community Manager posting this info. We were concerned the timing of it. Was there a hidden purpose to this?
    No hidden purpose. The request to post the reminder occurred after I had stepped away from the office and was inaccessible on the train headed home, so Relic took control and posted.

2. We know Gree will never "intentionally" wipe the progress, but all kinds accidents and bugs do happen with this game, more often than most would think should be happening.
    Understood. The team's main focus is on improving the game stability which will prevent these accidents and bugs that you speak of. We know that it has been a frustrating few months with all the issues, and the team wants to make sure this doesn't happen again, or continue any longer.

3. Again, timing of posting this "caveat" seems suspicious.
    This was posted at this time was the result of a high influx of tickets from users stating that they could no longer pre-stage for this event. We thought it would be good to clarify up front and hope to prevent any further confusion. Unfortunately this post seems to have had the opposite effect, and for that, my deepest apologies.

4. When "anything" that could go wrong happens in the middle of an event, sending in a ticket seems like as good as yelling for customer support out of my window. Customer support most of the time responds after the event has finished or so much time has passed that trying to catch-up the these time sensitive events, it is almost impossible to complete the goals in time.

If you want your players to feel confident "problems" gets addressed in a timely manner, Gree will need to have a Customer Support system that can at least respond that an actual person has received their ticket within 2 to 4 hours. An automated response is useless to know that an actual person has even read our tickets. The automated response that our ticket was received will only tell us that our tickets made it into your system.
    I understand your frustration here. We are continuing to work on improving on being able to quickly identify a major issue once an event is live, and then resolve it quickly, without relying on you and other players filing tickets. Additionally, we are also always working to improve response times and resolution of issues. Due to the number of ongoing issues that MW has experienced, particularly in the last couple of months of 2014, there was quite a backlog which the team worked tirelessly over the last month to resolve.

Thank you for your very thoughtful and helpful feedback. I appreciate you keeping it very constructive.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I understand your frustration here. We are continuing to work on improving on being able to quickly identify a major issue once an event is live, and then resolve it quickly, without relying on you and other players filing tickets. Additionally, we are also always working to improve response times and resolution of issues. Due to the number of ongoing issues that MW has experienced, particularly in the last couple of months of 2014, there was quite a backlog which the team worked tirelessly over the last month to resolve.
    Thanks for the clarification, but you have to realise much of the paying players frustration is because filling in supports tickets is just a useless and futile task. I'm still haven't had a response to my ticket about my player that was locked out of the game for 6 weeks, I've got another outstanding ticket since before Christmas, all I receive is a cut and paste reply nothing meaningful or even anything that sounds as if you GREE actually want to help fix the problem and this is typical, if it was atypical behaviour you wouldn't get the complaints that you do.

I could have bought a really expensive TV with what I've spent on this game and yet I can't get a response, if I'd bought a cheap TV from China, I would have had a better response.. If I'd even had one response that demonstrated that support had read my ticket, understood it and was replying to me and not copying and pasting stock replies that we all know have been sent to 100s of others I wouldn't be on this forum complaining.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Here is what you folks.
    Prestage with your EXTRA energy that would have gone wasted otherwise, never spend gold on it and you are good...
    Worst case scenario you gain some XP, best case you finish the event for FREE or at a decent discount...
    Risk worth taking if you ask me lol
    100k atk
    109k def
    355k IPH

Post Count

Folks, this shouldn't be that hard for people with English as a first language. For those of you who have a different first language, Clementine's post means:

Go ahead and prestage. The only thing that may affect you is if we have to fix a bug before the event the NPCs are in starts.

Left unsaid, the policy is to protect us (GREE) so you can't seek any compensation.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    GREE have again demonstraited their expertice in demoralizing thier players. This will mean the end of me spending gold on LTQs. With prepping and a little extra gold I could complete some ltqs, but since this is over I will not spend my gold there. Advice you guys do the same, so GREEdy can feel the consequence of this new brainy move

Banned
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    What are you complaining about? Nothing's changed.

Banned
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Funny. No AMA's lately either.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by MW Flake View Post
    Funny. No AMA's lately either.
    Even when they do these you get ambiguous answers, generic defensive answers and no answers to the few questions that we need answered. Waste of time they were. Ask me anything and I will answer only the question I choose and give generic (no commitment on times or dates or even willingness to fix the issues) answers. It is a strong part of why I quit. Also NEVER listening to us or engaging in a productive manner for over 2 years drove me mental.

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    I don't understand why everyone is in an uproar about losing taps on pre-staging. It's always been a gamble. If you prestage and don't lose your taps, good for you, you win. If you prestage and lose your taps, sorry dude, you lose.

I always get a data push before an event starts, so it's no biggie.