Dev Notes: Week of January 26, 2015

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Dev Notes: Week of January 26, 2015

Development Team
    Post Count

Dev Notes: Week of January 26, 2015

Two weeks ago

Two weeks ago we finished up development on some bug fix builds we’re planning on releasing soon, so those are with our QA team now. You’ll probably be seeing a lot of new versions from us - we’re working on incrementally increasing stability by fixing bugs and shipping new versions with little fixes instead of trying to do fewer, big versions with all kinds of stuff in them. We’ll make it clear in the build notes which ones are which, so you can choose whether or not to upgrade to them. (Although we do recommend that you do so!)

We also spent quite a bit of time looking into issues reported to our CS team. The goal is, as always to both have fewer issues reported and to drop the resolution time on all of them. If you continue to experience issues with changing your equipment or if you lost soldier items in the past please let us know.

Last Week & This Week

We’re going to keep working on bug fixes, the expansion pack, and the bigger features we’re hoping to roll out later this year. There’s some awesome stuff coming.

How’s It Work: Dev Notes

I know these have come out late the last couple of weeks, so I wanted to let you know how I’m working on getting them together.

If I’m really together, I take notes throughout the week on things that are happening that I might want to talk about. (I’m generally not this together.) Then I sit down, hopefully on Friday but usually on Monday, to write up the notes. After that, I show them to Clementine and Milburn Pennybags to make sure that they’re appropriate for the forums. (Clementine generally tells me to be less snarky. Milburn and I discuss how much information we’re sharing on any given issue and when we can start teasing for things like new content.) After they’ve had a crack at the notes, I revise and send them out again. When no one has any more comments to make, I post them.

I’ve been a bit flaky about getting these to you, and I’m sorry. I’ll try to be more regular with my updates.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Thanks. A weekly update is nice to see.

Post Count
    Could you include a report card. Something as simple as # of widespread issues unresolved & average resolution time? That way we could track progress and (perhaps) better understand how our reporting helps?

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    My faction is still not able to participate in FL. This has been going on for about 4-5 maybe 6 FL events. We can declare all day and night and nothing. What do you suggest we do? We've sent handfuls of tickets and sent just as many PM's to forum mods and even messaged you last time dev notes were posted. Please tell me your suggested course of action. Thanks

Post Count
    Android defense is not displaying correctly. Its just a display glitch but a pain.

Verbose Veteran Captain Buck Slayer's Avatar
    All warfare is based on deception - Sun Tzu
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Thanks for the update! I always apreciate them.
    Slaps Fighters Team
    964-213-663
    https://groupme.com/join_group/64969741/tBCXBEM3

Banned
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    The weekly info updates are good to have, but a few comments on this weeks. First, if this "awesome new stuff coming" is as "awesome" as equipment has been, you can keep it. And as far as deciding what to "tease" us with, heres a try. How about taking all of the feedback that's been provided to you and actually listen to it. The community has overwhelmingly said until you can fix what you have, without breaking something else in the proccess, then we don't want anything new. Try teasing us with that!

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Hello Rhymth. Thank you for the update. I would like to address two issues that are of concern for my faction and I believe also for many in other top factions.
    1. There is aparent new glitch or change related to PVP attack matrix. As of early last week many players with inferior attack stats, army and player equipment suddenly started to be able defeating players with much stronger stats and equipment. I would really like you to look at this issue. With relatively mediocre prizes for ltqs and higher energy requiremtns for them now most of the people still participate in these events in order to obtain equipment. But if the equipment matrix broken any incentive to do ltqs will be lost.
    2. Long term ongoing issues with PERMANENT health regen reduction boosts. For example in my case permanent regen suddenly dropped in the middle of the cycle. Also it would be helpful if you post here an equation that GREE uses to calculate nominal health regens. One was floating around on a forum and when players in our faction calculated what they think their health regen must be they found that it at least 1 to 5% off meaning it should be better.
    Thanks again for your help and I hope you will address these issues

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Our assumption is that the equation had gone back to attacker attack vs defender defence

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Well if this the case it makes army and player equipment useless and not worth spending to obtain

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    Our assumption is that the equation had gone back to attacker attack vs defender defence
    It would be nice if that was the case but I still lose to players 10 billion less in stats
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/theeclectic/...loves-cake-sm4

Derek of iDelph

iDelph faction code: 792-952-652

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Web323 View Post
    It would be nice if that was the case but I still lose to players 10 billion less in stats
    Same is here lol

Post Count
    Im losing to players who attack me and their attack is less than half my defence... (I also have all eqipment).
    Bap
    It is what it is...

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by MW Flake View Post
    The weekly info updates are good to have, but a few comments on this weeks. First, if this "awesome new stuff coming" is as "awesome" as equipment has been, you can keep it. And as far as deciding what to "tease" us with, heres a try. How about taking all of the feedback that's been provided to you and actually listen to it. The community has overwhelmingly said until you can fix what you have, without breaking something else in the proccess, then we don't want anything new. Try teasing us with that!
    i sadily agree, this is by far the least what we expect you to do with "dev notes" we made a god damn list for you to see which makes it really easy to find problems.... It's called MODERN WARE COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF BUGS/glitches. (For the holy man out their noticed I been using lower case god not upper? Case in point on that issue), as for GREE issue, if it was a snake it would have bit you by now

Lurker
    Post Count
    How’s It Work: Dev Notes

I know these have come out late the last couple of weeks, so I wanted to let you know how I’m working on getting them together.

If I’m really together, I take notes throughout the week on things that are happening that I might want to talk about. (I’m generally not this together.) Then I sit down, hopefully on Friday but usually on Monday, to write up the notes. After that, I show them to Clementine and Milburn Pennybags to make sure that they’re appropriate for the forums. (Clementine generally tells me to be less snarky. Milburn and I discuss how much information we’re sharing on any given issue and when we can start teasing for things like new content.) After they’ve had a crack at the notes, I revise and send them out again. When no one has any more comments to make, I post them.

I’ve been a bit flaky about getting these to you, and I’m sorry. I’ll try to be more regular with my updates.[/QUOTE]

.???????