Can a mod please direct us to the proper thread?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Can a mod please direct us to the proper thread?

Banned
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count

Can a mod please direct us to the proper thread?

As indicated here, http://forums.gree.net/showthread.ph...help-from-Gree, there are apparently threads discussing that topic, but I can only find ones that are also locked.

Also, for clarification, what is the timeframe for creating a new thread on a subject that has already been discussed and fallen off of the first few pages, but yet doesn't violate the TOS by necroing a thread? As it seems we have to tiptoe through the vagueness that is the TOS, I don't think any of us want to receive infractions merely because one person interprets something that is blatantly unclear, differently than someone else. Thank you.
    Last edited by MW Flake; 01-20-2015 at 06:45 PM.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Clementine was so quick to close my thread before I can even finish posting the poll part of my thread.

I was very surprised to have it closed in less than 3 minutes.

They are quick to see the new threads and check them if they violate TOS.

At least it did not get moved to be buried in "Off-Topic", like my other posting.

The have it under "Announcements and Events", where people really don't go.

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.ph...ill-Locked-out

It really should be here in "General" where most people look for first.
    Last edited by Rolinz; 01-20-2015 at 08:08 PM.

Banned
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Oh wait, I found it! Silly me, why would I actually think of looking for it in this forum though? Announcements is the perfect place to put a thread dealing with an ongoing issue within the game. http://forums.gree.net/member.php?189491-CrazyNerdyGirl. Thanks to all of the mods and managers that helped find this for us. I know you guys probably spent as much time as I did trying to find it, and therefore were stretched too thin to look into the other request, but if you could get back to us ASAP that would be great. Keep up the good work everyone!

Banned
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Oh yes, and one more thing. As it seems the interpretation of the TOS has changed, and that starting a thread discussing an issue that is already being discussed in another forum is no longer permitted, can we now just have all of the different forums combined into one to make things easier to find, so we can avoid any possible infractions? We are all trying really, really hard here to do things right, and any guidance or help you can give would be awesome. Thanks!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    And please only have a paid Mod respond and not the power tripping unpaid ones please and thank you.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    I believe Clem was talking about the sticky thread in General.. http://forums.gree.net/showthread.ph...ill-Locked-out

However feel free to PM me (uk hours) and I'll do my best to explain things like these. Or add me on groupme
    Last edited by HellRaizer; 01-21-2015 at 10:24 AM.

Banned
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Thank you for reconsidering, as getting answers to these questions from a manager are extremely important to the entire community.

Community Manager
    Post Count
    Hi,

Clementine and I are going to be updating and clarifying our Code of Conduct in the coming weeks. As soon as they're updated we'll let you know.

If you are experiencing a problem and there is an existing thread on it, you should search for it and post it there as long as it's on-topic/relevant. Simply "bumping" the post without including pertinent information or posting off-topic comments to be inflammatory or stir things up again is advised against.

I hope this helps!

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Relic View Post
    Hi,

Clementine and I are going to be updating and clarifying our Code of Conduct in the coming weeks. As soon as they're updated we'll let you know.

If you are experiencing a problem and there is an existing thread on it, you should search for it and post it there as long as it's on-topic/relevant. Simply "bumping" the post without including pertinent information or posting off-topic comments to be inflammatory or stir things up again is advised against.

I hope this helps!
    Loosen the rules not tighten them. The stuff getting deemed violations around here is beyond ridiculous. If you guys are doing the wrong thing you SHOULD be held accountable. Not hide behind ToS, simply cop it, apologise and then DON'T DO IT AGAIN.

When your satisfaction is 91.1% disastisfied on your community polls people are not going to be posting love letters. Loosen the rules, get better at making the comms work and let's have some fun
    Last edited by bam bam.; 01-21-2015 at 08:10 PM.

Banned
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    I understand what you say there relic about searching first. But now we are running into situations where some are going lock happy because they think they thread is necroed. So what are the criteria so we don't run afoul of either? Or better yet, can't you have threads auto lock after a period of at least 180 days of no activity so no one is threatened over something stupid?

Community Manager
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by MW Flake View Post
    I understand what you say there relic about searching first. But now we are running into situations where some are going lock happy because they think they thread is necroed. So what are the criteria so we don't run afoul of either? Or better yet, can't you have threads auto lock after a period of at least 180 days of no activity so no one is threatened over something stupid?
    Hrmm, the idea of it auto-locking is a really great one. I will see if vBulletin has this functionality as part of it's standard package and if it does not, I will see if it has a mod or plugin we can implement that does this.

Banned
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    I'll be sure to send you the bill for my consulting fee.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I like how this was blantently ignored
    "Loosen the rules not tighten them. The stuff getting deemed violations around here is beyond ridiculous. If you guys are doing the wrong thing you SHOULD be held accountable. Not hide behind ToS, simply cop it, apologise and then DON'T DO IT AGAIN.

When your satisfaction is 91.1% disastisfied on your community polls people are not going to be posting love letters. Loosen the rules, get better at making the comms work and let's have some fun"