[AMA] Ask The Developer Anything - January 22nd - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [AMA] Ask The Developer Anything - January 22nd

Post Count
    I would love collect all button as well.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I posted a long reply that appears to be deleted.

Why was epic boss strength raised when players were not given equipment to improve their attack?

Please consider using percentage o army attack in calculation p this would be a win win for all.

Post Count
    Multi buy option for store items.
    Last edited by Clementine; 01-22-2015 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Language

Lurker
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count

NEW PLAYERs

Hi, ive been playing for about 3 months now and unfortunately i wasnt around when the game started but it would be great if you offered the LTB for gold or a reasonable gem price. It is very overpriced in my opinion and you should try to lure new player in not run them away with overpriced buildings. Or even offered them as regular buildings we have nothing to gain as we cannot get the units associated with the quests. I love this game and very dissapointed with the price of the buildings. Thank you

Post Count
    Guild chat refresh button.

Community Manager
    Post Count
    The Developers are working through all the questions and getting some answers for you ASAP! Thank you for your patience.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Totalwar View Post
    Please could you give us a update if your still going to give us a skill point reset this January if so could state when.

Please could you tell us when we be able to upgrade the craft shop to level ten.

You have increase the health on EB bosses but my gold attack has only gone up by 4 to 704 since last EB.please could you increase the hero equipment stats not had one since before last EB that has increase my stats.only level increase has enabled me too increase my hero attack.

The drop rate for stones is terrible luckily if I get one every three weeks.As result there hardly any walls during war please could you fix this.
    Hello Totalwar

We are putting the final touches on our 3.2 client build. We wanted to make sure this was fully tested and would not generate bugs for our end users. This build contains

Shake to collect
    Skill reset item: yes you will still get a free one and yes these will be sold in the store for HC.
    Divisional leaderboards for Conquest. This will give the players new tiers of competition making it easier to reach a higher position in the leaderboards.
    Minimum participation in Conquest. Initiate 12 attacks to be eligible for guild rewards

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Baela3 View Post
    Developers: How many new players have joined and are actively playing since the onset of many changes made to the game in the past 4-5 months? Explain the math of how "wins" are calculated in pvp battles, raids, and during conquest battle, and how damage is applied across the various events in a concise and understandable fashion, as previous attempts didn't seem to make much sense/don't account for what we see as outcomes in some cases. Also, what's on the horizon for changes to expect in the game? New events? Tossing any old and tired events? Lastly, can you give an idea of realistically how much longer this game is going to be in the GREE lineup?

(And, day 33 of missing an account, so anything to help that move along would be great. See my other posts)

P.S. It is rather insulting to players when they receive a random and thoughtless prize like a chest or common item or low stat item for high level events and/ or high gem expenditures. Let's nix that, eh?
    We will get your missing account resolved. Passing this ticket on to CS as we speak. So sorry you have waited for this long to retrieve that account.

We are also looking at brand new events and revamping old ones. Our plan is to support this game and its players for years to come. There is no plan to stop supporting this game anytime soon.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Fromm View Post
    When can we get the splash screens for final prizes of events to show up again? It is nice to see what we are working towards. Legendary EB prize, final RB prize for normal/heroic, 40 CoK wins, top level individual CoK wins, etc.
    Hello Fromm

Sorry this was a bug in our client and this will be resolved in the new 3.2 build coming out.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by the_bob View Post
    Multi buy option for store items.
    We will look to get this into the game. It is a great idea and we will update you on its progress as soon as we have time to develop the feature.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by the_bob View Post
    Guild chat refresh button.
    Hey The_bob

We will look into this feature for you. I will give an update when the team has had a chance to review the idea.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud22 View Post
    Glad to see you guys doing this again, thank you!!

As I mentioned last AMA and many others have as well, bout the need for increasing the stats for individual war rewards. Is there any plan on doing so? There is not one player that is happy with these rewards, and are really a insult to what a lot of players spend during that event. These rewards need to be better then what we already have equipped.

Second question, it has been a long time rumor in conquest when two or more players are attacking the same player they get less cp, then when attacking that player alone. Is this true or false?

And a suggestion to please consider making the top 3 guild conquest rewards a strong weapon/armor/item with a bonus with it. Instead just a bonus. Lately most of these bonuses that you have been giving out for top 3 have been fairly lousy, and these are your best costumers! Feel this would be good way to reward your top players better and put more meaning to those top spots.

Also the +40 EB damage bonus from top 1 spot last conquest is not working. This was a pretty bad bonus to start but to not even work is awesome. Please fix that bonus. Thanks

How do you explain increasing the EB L100 boss health by almost 1k? You have not given out but only a couple of items to increase are EB damage and that is only by 10-50 points at most of damage. Which I see as the biggest flaw of this new EB design. You can't keep increasing the bosses health without giving out better equipment.
    Cloud

We apologize for the bonus not working. We have fixed this and the bonus is now active and working correctly.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by E-I View Post
    1) More often than not, it is unclear whether the bonus on an prize is permanent or temporary. What can Gree do to make this crystal-freaking-clear? What you have been doing lately hasn't been working. How about a different color background based on whether it is a temp or permanent bonus? Or different color font?

2) Whenever I log into War of Nations, I am bombarded by 6 different splash screens - typically for items to purchase and to link my account to facebook. It is incredibly annoying, and I log in less often because of it. Please do NOT bring this to KA.

3) Can Gree be more clear about drop rates in box events, particularly those where you need to collect 10 of one item? We all know that as you collect more items the likelihood of successful open decreases. I'd like to know the actual rates. I know far too many people who pour several mountains into such events and never receive the 10th prize (I have done this myself).

4) Why do you continue to offer chests as prizes? This is a damn-near universally hated piece of the game.

5) It was mentioned earlier, but I just want to reiterate that lately the individual CP prizes have been utter garbage. And I can assure you that your top spenders will start cutting back if things don't change.

6) Can you confirm that we will not have any more 2-week war cycles? This is also universally hated by players. Honestly, I think a lot of players would agree that a 4-week cycle with 3 large events (EB, RB, and a new event) between wars would be ideal.
    Hello E-I

The temporary bonus idea is great. We will work on a better solution such as colored text or change the backround so it will be very clear as to what is a temp bonus and what is permanent. Really like your idea and thank you for taking the time to post them for us. We will fix this issue.

[expletive deleted]
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    CRAFTING UPDATE

In response to making the crafting building go to level 10, while other buildings are currently maxing out at level 10 the crafting building has only been designed up to level 5.

Unfortunately we don't feel that we have optimized the existing design and implementation of this feature and are spending time looking into fixing that rather than spending that time just adding additional levels for the sake of having it "max out at 10". We feel that will offer a better value and experience for everyone.

As for the comment about Epic crafts costing Gems, we agree and this is one of the things that we are looking to change.

EPIC BOSS HEALTH

In reference to the Epic Boss health increase and items not being given out that can allow players to compete, this is not accurate. We are still balancing within the item powers that are given out in the current levels of crafting. Additionally we have given out top reward items that are slightly better that top level crafting items.

PVE ATTACK

Hero Equipment ATK + Hero Strength Skill = ATK, this is the same for the Epic Boss event.

Per the comments about this current Epic Boss, we agree that the display of this information is not being done well and are looking into how we can improve it.

BATTLE OUTCOME

Per my last comment, there were proposed changes to the battle outcome screen when we were working on the changes / additions in the battle calculations. Unfortunately these did not make it into the release. We are looking at how to fix this as fast as possible, both in calculation and display.

CHESTS

There has been a lot of negative feedback directed at chests as rewards. I understand that they have not been optimized to the best of their ability which has lead to a negative view of them. The rewards that we have replaced with the chests were generally low level rewards that players had also complained about.

The common reward items within the chests have been balanced to take the place of those items, giving players a chance to get something even better. Additionally we are looking at how we can give out those items in events as well as trials rewards so players have multiple ways to collect all 21 within a conquest cycle.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Valid or View Post
    New position to the guild ranks, someone just under founder but over officer, a position that can promote people to officer but not remove people from the guild. A 2nd in command.
    This was asked about a long time ago,
    Also when might we see a collect all button?
    We will look into this feature for guild management.