GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [AMA] Ask The Developer Anything - January 22nd

Hybrid View

Community Manager
    Post Count

[AMA] Ask The Developer Anything - January 22nd

Please join us Thursday, January 22nd, at 2:00pm PST for our next Developer Ask Me Anything!

Please be prepared to ask questions about current features, future feature development, and more. The Development Team is especially interested to hear feedback from you about all aspects of the game. We would like to hear what you like, dislike, what you would like to see more of, and of course why! They may even ask you, the players, some questions! Please be detailed in your questions and feedback!

We will once again be joined by:

Derez: Lead Game Designer
    WaffleKing: Producer

This thread will be unlocked Wednesday at 5pm PST so that you may post your questions in advance. The Developers will arrive Thursday at 4:00pm sharp and will be answering questions here for 1.5 hours! The thread will then be locked at at the conclusion of the AMA. We'll answer as many questions as possible.

Remember any posts that violate the Forum Code of Conduct will be removed. Furthermore, any post that attacks, insults, implies insults, harasses the Development Team will result in an immediate and permanent ban. Please keep everything on topic and constructive.

UPDATE (01/22 at 1:15pm PST) - Derez and WaffleKing have been scheduled for a very important meeting which will run until 4:30pm PST. As a result they will begin answering questions at 4:30pm and continuing doing so until 6:00pm PST. Our apologies for the last minute schedule change.

Community Manager
    Post Count
    The AMA thread is now open! Please post your questions, thoughts, and feedback for the Kingdom Age Development Team. They will be here at 4:00pm PST tomorrow!

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Glad to see you guys doing this again, thank you!!

As I mentioned last AMA and many others have as well, bout the need for increasing the stats for individual war rewards. Is there any plan on doing so? There is not one player that is happy with these rewards, and are really a insult to what a lot of players spend during that event. These rewards need to be better then what we already have equipped.

Second question, it has been a long time rumor in conquest when two or more players are attacking the same player they get less cp, then when attacking that player alone. Is this true or false?

And a suggestion to please consider making the top 3 guild conquest rewards a strong weapon/armor/item with a bonus with it. Instead just a bonus. Lately most of these bonuses that you have been giving out for top 3 have been fairly lousy, and these are your best costumers! Feel this would be good way to reward your top players better and put more meaning to those top spots.

Also the +40 EB damage bonus from top 1 spot last conquest is not working. This was a pretty bad bonus to start but to not even work is awesome. Please fix that bonus. Thanks

How do you explain increasing the EB L100 boss health by almost 1k? You have not given out but only a couple of items to increase are EB damage and that is only by 10-50 points at most of damage. Which I see as the biggest flaw of this new EB design. You can't keep increasing the bosses health without giving out better equipment.
    Last edited by Cloud22; 01-22-2015 at 01:21 PM.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud22 View Post
    Glad to see you guys doing this again, thank you!!

As I mentioned last AMA and many others have as well, bout the need for increasing the stats for individual war rewards. Is there any plan on doing so? There is not one player that is happy with these rewards, and are really a insult to what a lot of players spend during that event. These rewards need to be better then what we already have equipped.

Second question, it has been a long time rumor in conquest when two or more players are attacking the same player they get less cp, then when attacking that player alone. Is this true or false?

And a suggestion to please consider making the top 3 guild conquest rewards a strong weapon/armor/item with a bonus with it. Instead just a bonus. Lately most of these bonuses that you have been giving out for top 3 have been fairly lousy, and these are your best costumers! Feel this would be good way to reward your top players better and put more meaning to those top spots.

Also the +40 EB damage bonus from top 1 spot last conquest is not working. This was a pretty bad bonus to start but to not even work is awesome. Please fix that bonus. Thanks

How do you explain increasing the EB L100 boss health by almost 1k? You have not given out but only a couple of items to increase are EB damage and that is only by 10-50 points at most of damage. Which I see as the biggest flaw of this new EB design. You can't keep increasing the bosses health without giving out better equipment.
    Cloud

We apologize for the bonus not working. We have fixed this and the bonus is now active and working correctly.

Post Count
    Please could you give us a update if your still going to give us a skill point reset this January if so could state when.

Please could you tell us when we be able to upgrade the craft shop to level ten.

You have increase the health on EB bosses but my gold attack has only gone up by 4 to 704 since last EB.please could you increase the hero equipment stats not had one since before last EB that has increase my stats.only level increase has enabled me too increase my hero attack.

The drop rate for stones is terrible luckily if I get one every three weeks.As result there hardly any walls during war please could you fix this.
    Last edited by Totalwar; 01-22-2015 at 04:15 AM.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    At its heart this game has been about developing our individual accounts during a war cycle in order to help our guilds achieve the best results possible during wars ...has the development team forgotten some of the basics along the way ??? the winners list has not been updated since the "cursed graveyard" war at which point you had already missed out 3 or 4 wars ...despite numerous tickets to support this has never been sorted??

Also the delays in announcing the war rewards is getting ridiculous ...it used to be the case that when war finished you could immediately check what the rewards were for the next war ...currently we are lucky to have them announced more than 24/48 hours before the war starts..can this also be resolved??

Many Thanks
    Grant@RK1 (Semi-retired)

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Totalwar View Post
    Please could you give us a update if your still going to give us a skill point reset this January if so could state when.

Please could you tell us when we be able to upgrade the craft shop to level ten.

You have increase the health on EB bosses but my gold attack has only gone up by 4 to 704 since last EB.please could you increase the hero equipment stats not had one since before last EB that has increase my stats.only level increase has enabled me too increase my hero attack.

The drop rate for stones is terrible luckily if I get one every three weeks.As result there hardly any walls during war please could you fix this.
    Hello Totalwar

We are putting the final touches on our 3.2 client build. We wanted to make sure this was fully tested and would not generate bugs for our end users. This build contains

Shake to collect
    Skill reset item: yes you will still get a free one and yes these will be sold in the store for HC.
    Divisional leaderboards for Conquest. This will give the players new tiers of competition making it easier to reach a higher position in the leaderboards.
    Minimum participation in Conquest. Initiate 12 attacks to be eligible for guild rewards

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    I have an issue with the change in gem policy. It isn't balanced anymore, gems used to be means of getting stuff easier, faster and make your game progress in general happen a lot swifter. Now since the crafting begun you are giving more and more items that can only be purchased by gems, and not just few gems but a lot of gems. I know this is a business and you want to make a profit but by asking ridiculous amount of gems for 1 item you stop more people from buying gems then you gain.

For example with crafting you have implemented the chance of getting an epic item when crafting something which also unlocks another epic item to be crafted but only, this item can only be crafted by gems.. For example you craft the monk robe, it turns into an epic monk robe. Now you get the chance to craft an epic wizard robe, but at the small cost of around 650 gems... Same for epic caster's staff and so on. Better would be to make more rare materials available with gem cost, the harder to get the material, the higher the cost. So gemmers would still have the advantage and gain more faster but you don't laugh in most your gaming community's face => Result would be more people be tempted to buy small amount of gems to get few pieces of materials they are in dire need of, and more profit to you.

So my question is really, do you plan to continue with the destructive gem policy you are currently using and that is slowly killing your game. Or will you show some sense and implement a gem policy that the will stimulate gaming community to buy gems and will be beneficial for your game?

Lurker
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count

event dates

can u give us a list of the dates that events start and finish next to the the list of events. This seems such a simple thing that would help guilds organise better.

Post Count

When are you getting rid of chests as the primary source of quest reward?

When are you getting rid of chests as the primary source of quest reward?
    Last edited by the_bob; 01-22-2015 at 02:42 AM. Reason: When are you getting rid of chests as the primary source of quest reward?

Post Count
    Developers: How many new players have joined and are actively playing since the onset of many changes made to the game in the past 4-5 months? Explain the math of how "wins" are calculated in pvp battles, raids, and during conquest battle, and how damage is applied across the various events in a concise and understandable fashion, as previous attempts didn't seem to make much sense/don't account for what we see as outcomes in some cases. Also, what's on the horizon for changes to expect in the game? New events? Tossing any old and tired events? Lastly, can you give an idea of realistically how much longer this game is going to be in the GREE lineup?

(And, day 33 of missing an account, so anything to help that move along would be great. See my other posts)

P.S. It is rather insulting to players when they receive a random and thoughtless prize like a chest or common item or low stat item for high level events and/ or high gem expenditures. Let's nix that, eh?
    Last edited by Baela3; 01-22-2015 at 04:46 AM.
    Baela, Baela II, Baela-K-, BaelaVier GK, BaelaV

The Raiding Barbarians (TRB) & Raiding Barbarian Nation (RBN)

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Baela3 View Post
    Developers: How many new players have joined and are actively playing since the onset of many changes made to the game in the past 4-5 months? Explain the math of how "wins" are calculated in pvp battles, raids, and during conquest battle, and how damage is applied across the various events in a concise and understandable fashion, as previous attempts didn't seem to make much sense/don't account for what we see as outcomes in some cases. Also, what's on the horizon for changes to expect in the game? New events? Tossing any old and tired events? Lastly, can you give an idea of realistically how much longer this game is going to be in the GREE lineup?

(And, day 33 of missing an account, so anything to help that move along would be great. See my other posts)

P.S. It is rather insulting to players when they receive a random and thoughtless prize like a chest or common item or low stat item for high level events and/ or high gem expenditures. Let's nix that, eh?
    We will get your missing account resolved. Passing this ticket on to CS as we speak. So sorry you have waited for this long to retrieve that account.

We are also looking at brand new events and revamping old ones. Our plan is to support this game and its players for years to come. There is no plan to stop supporting this game anytime soon.

Post Count
    I like the chest idea it not really chests that the problem it what in them the low value items since you brought them out.this has changed in the latest EB which is most welcome thanks for that.Also when Gree decides too let us upgrade cart shop to level ten all theses useless items we been getting for crafting will start to hold some value.But really don't like the idea of not letting upgrade building to level ten from the start very bad idea this has caused much upset within the Community.
    Last edited by Totalwar; 01-22-2015 at 05:46 AM.

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    When can we get the splash screens for final prizes of events to show up again? It is nice to see what we are working towards. Legendary EB prize, final RB prize for normal/heroic, 40 CoK wins, top level individual CoK wins, etc.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Fromm View Post
    When can we get the splash screens for final prizes of events to show up again? It is nice to see what we are working towards. Legendary EB prize, final RB prize for normal/heroic, 40 CoK wins, top level individual CoK wins, etc.
    Hello Fromm

Sorry this was a bug in our client and this will be resolved in the new 3.2 build coming out.