Only happy positive posts are allowed on the forum.. - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Only happy positive posts are allowed on the forum..

Banned
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    I just shared that same exact thought with a Mod. Posting anything is almost like a case of entrapment.

Banned
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolinz View Post
    How come this thread did not get moved to "Off-Topic"???

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.ph...ame-That-Quote

Does it belong in General or Off-Topic? Does it relate or talk about MW directly?
    Or why is it not locked like so many other necroed threads? I'm not saying I want it to, but it goes to show the TOS is being arbitrarily interpreted and enforced. There is no consistency, and then we are threatened with infractions for violating something that is acceptable one minute, but forbidden the next.
    Last edited by MW Flake; 01-21-2015 at 09:42 AM.

Community Manager
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by MW Flake View Post
    Or why is it not locked like so many other necroed threads? I'm not saying I want it to, but it goes to show the TOS is being arbitrarily interpreted and enforced.
    I just saw the thread you mentioned and just moved it to Off-Topic. It likely went unnoticed because it was a necroed thread. My apologies for missing this.

Banned
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine View Post
    I just saw the thread you mentioned and just moved it to Off-Topic. It likely went unnoticed because it was a necroed thread. My apologies for missing this.
    It's not as much one person being inconsistent (though that can be found easy enough), as one person seems ban and lock happy, another is very laid back, others flame and bait as much as any regular troll, and some do things in moderation. It creates a minefield for the community.

Community Manager
    Post Count
    It's not as much one person being inconsistent (though that can be found easy enough), as one person seems ban and lock happy, another is very laid back, others flame and bait as much as any regular troll, and some do things in moderation. It creates a minefield for the community.
    Just a quick clarification that Moderators do not have any power to ban. Relic and I are working on improving and revamping the program, and making sure everyone is on the same page moving forward. We do understand there has been some inconsistency and are addressing this.

Banned
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    No they can't ban, but I've seen many posts made by some threatening members (on numerous occasions) with bans just the same (and then see many of them are now banned). Which incites some and makes it even more of an us against the big bad Gree monster instead of all of us working together. As I said yesterday, I now feel targeted myself for trying to discuss being wronged here, and that in the end, certain individuals will be unfairly protected regardless of their behavior.
    Last edited by MW Flake; 01-21-2015 at 10:54 AM.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    I agree.

Consistency from the Mods and Community Manager would reduce people's frustration and disappointments.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by DragCro View Post
    You are right,my mistake..
    Agent Orange is correct name..
    No worries, I chuckled to myself because Captain was my final rank in the reserves.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    No worries, I chuckled to myself because Captain was my final rank in the reserves.
    Please add me as a friend,you are a good man and you have my friendship if you want it.
    I hope you enjoy the game and the forum
    [FK] TITAN

Post Count
    Just a quick clarification that Moderators do not have any power to ban. Relic and I are working on improving and revamping the program, and making sure everyone is on the same page moving forward. We do understand there has been some inconsistency and are addressing this.
    Good to know, honestly I really don't think it is a good idea to have player mods. We have too broad a range of experience and quality ranging from stellar to abysmal. My first thought when I saw player mods was this was a very bad idea. There was possibility of retaliation, for example players find out who the mods in game name is and cluster bomb them the way PUN used to. Or the flip side where a mod extracts revenge on a player through the forums.

My other thought was that it was a clever way for gree to put targets in front of their real employees, lets let these poor saps get their butts handed to them in the forums instead of us...

But then I saw the really bad side which was a mod cosistantly taunting the customers and that is where the line must be drawn. To the forum managers credit one of the most abusive posts by this particular mod was edited to remove the most offensive parts but honestly this should not be happening at all nor should anyone need to be sending in reports about this.
    Modern War
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Level 33+

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by DragCro View Post
    Please add me as a friend,you are a good man and you have my friendship if you want it.
    I hope you enjoy the game and the forum
    Thanks added you. You are a good man as well, glad to be able to call you a friend!
    Modern War
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Level 33+

Community Manager
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    Good to know, honestly I really don't think it is a good idea to have player mods. We have too broad a range of experience and quality ranging from stellar to abysmal. My first thought when I saw player mods was this was a very bad idea. There was possibility of retaliation, for example players find out who the mods in game name is and cluster bomb them the way PUN used to. Or the flip side where a mod extracts revenge on a player through the forums.
    Hey AO. I do understand your concerns about Moderators. I would like to give you some insight as to why we have them. Given that there are only two of us (originally Tadaaah and myself, and now Relic and myself) and so many titles, the Moderators help us to clean up spam threads, moderate and remove offensive posts, and answer some basic questions. This is especially important since we are unable to be here 24/7 (apparently we as humans require this pesky thing called sleep). In an ideal world we would have an army of Community Managers, at least one for each title, and around the clock coverage. However, like most businesses, we are working with certain budget and staff size limits, so we find different ways to give each title the attention they need through the implementation of initiatives such as the Forum Moderator Program.

We know that this program is still a work in progress, and that there have been some missteps along the way, and I take full responsibility for this since I designed and implemented the system. We are working to correct that and improve the "training" we have for our Moderators, so that there is consistency across the board in both the Mods and Community Managers. One thing to remember is that our Moderators were players first, and most often still are. They still love the games, but also enjoy the community and are passionate about making it a better place to be.

While Relic and I will be making more an effort to be on top of what the Moderators are doing and take action if necessary, if you do happen to find a Moderator that appears to be "abusing" their behavior, or stepping over the line, may I please ask you to screenshot the offending post/thread, and then send myself and/or Relic. We will then handle it in a private manner rather than in a public thread which turns into a flame war and an attack on others.

Post Count
    Hey AO. I do understand your concerns about Moderators. I would like to give you some insight as to why we have them. Given that there are only two of us (originally Tadaaah and myself, and now Relic and myself) and so many titles, the Moderators help us to clean up spam threads, moderate and remove offensive posts, and answer some basic questions. This is especially important since we are unable to be here 24/7 (apparently we as humans require this pesky thing called sleep). In an ideal world we would have an army of Community Managers, at least one for each title, and around the clock coverage. However, like most businesses, we are working with certain budget and staff size limits, so we find different ways to give each title the attention they need through the implementation of initiatives such as the Forum Moderator Program.

We know that this program is still a work in progress, and that there have been some missteps along the way, and I take full responsibility for this since I designed and implemented the system. We are working to correct that and improve the "training" we have for our Moderators, so that there is consistency across the board in both the Mods and Community Managers. One thing to remember is that our Moderators were players first, and most often still are. They still love the games, but also enjoy the community and are passionate about making it a better place to be.

While Relic and I will be making more an effort to be on top of what the Moderators are doing and take action if necessary, if you do happen to find a Moderator that appears to be "abusing" their behavior, or stepping over the line, may I please ask you to screenshot the offending post/thread, and then send myself and/or Relic. We will then handle it in a private manner rather than in a public thread which turns into a flame war and an attack on others.
    Hi, up till now I have been using the report button on the bottom corner of the offending posts. Which is why I know action is taking place because the most offensive posts were either edited to remove the offending comments or deleted.

Because this one particular player moderator continues to show animosity towards the customer/players I really could not sit back any longer since privately reporting was not solving the issue. They have certainly toned down the inappropriateness of their comments however as you point out and from what I have observered they continue to escalate situations when a simple less confrontational approach is badly needed.

Your customer base is incredibly fractured at the moment with a number of long time supports leaving or scaling back. And sadly at a time when the current version has improved and fixed a lot of serious issues from 4.5. But all that goodwill is being seriously underminded if you have someone who many mistakenly think is a conduit to gree making inappropriate comments in the public customer forums. In some ways it is logical to have player moderators, however it also means that the customers have a greater expectation of their abilities and knowledge of the product forum they are moderating. In a case where the moderator is not only unhelpful but confrontational to the point of being perceived as a bully then that becomes a very counterproductive situation. Perhaps only let player moderators moderate game forums that they are actually familier with. A good example is Hellrazer who has an excellent understanding of Modern War and able to understand where we are coming from. You can see how counterproductive going the opposite direction is.

Now in terms of screening, personally it is impossible to adequately screen someone before going live with them. For one thing you don't have the time or the tools so the only way is to go live with them and monitor what they do. If anything that is where you have dropped the ball. Though I would have hoped that the reporting feature might have sent enough of a heads up. In any event if perhaps they took a less confrontational stand in the forums then we can move forward, but if not they should have their moderator status removed immediately.

Yes if you like I will pm you if we have more problems though in a way since this is now out in the open perhaps this will no longer be nessessary
    Modern War
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Level 33+

Articulate Author East Coast Bias's Avatar
    Post Count

Fair enough. But while most player mods have all the best intentions, they really don't seem to have the authority to make a meaningful contribution. Offensive posts, spam, etc., to be honest with you, I don't care about the Asian noodle spam if it makes that guy feel better. I am sure he knows 99% of the players have no idea what the post says, so half of me thinks that he could simply be an irritated player who has had a run in with gree due to his player experience and is spaming the forum when he can. I mean you'd think he would post a way to meet some christian single or farm girl, but it's some completely useless crap, which leads me to believe there is a reason for the useless post - ie: there is always some reason for people's behaviors, just like how players react on this board towards gree.