Page 8 of 10 First ... 678910 Last

I agree Striker. It's gotten ridiculous when AI has Rare units with better stats than players Epics. And even when stats are roughly the same, the AI units take hardly any damage when player units take significant damage. If players can't promote units to "Elite" level, then the AI shouldn't have them either.

Now there are absolutely zero events that a free player can even come close to completing. Makes for a very boring game. While some spenders make think that only they should be able to complete an event, what they don't consider is that a very small minority are big spenders and eventually, everyone else will get bored and leave and they will be the only ones left. Then all their real will have been wasted.

Come on Gree. Make the game fun and interesting for all players and stop being so short-sighted.

Every dollar spent is a victory for Gree. Some of us are less easily defeated than others.

This was posted by Tadaah on 3/5/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadaaah View Post
    There may be some interesting updates coming soon.
    Then we saw Elite Rare units in the invasion events and now boss health increase in the current boss event (I'm on level 5 and the boss health is already at 120%). But wait, if your lucky enough to get a countermeasure unit then your stats increase!

Tadaah...seriously...is this the "interesting updates" you're talking about? This is what a bunch of young game programmers came up with in a brainstorming session?

Thanks for nothing,
    SwirlingEddy

It is incredibly unfair to raise the difficulty of the boss but not the rewards especially when it looks like the difficulty doubled. I thought we were finally through modifying the boss battle. If you increase the difficulty then increase the points you get when beating the boss. I for one am fine with harder bosses that give out more points. It was nice back in the day when you could finish an event with 50 bosses even if the last bosses took 3 morale to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by Striker1111 View Post
    It is incredibly unfair to raise the difficulty of the boss but not the rewards especially when it looks like the difficulty doubled. I thought we were finally through modifying the boss battle. If you increase the difficulty then increase the points you get when beating the boss. I for one am fine with harder bosses that give out more points. It was nice back in the day when you could finish an event with 50 bosses even if the last bosses took 3 morale to beat.
    It's pretty simple marketing. Gree needs revenue for this game to continue. By increasing difficulty and requirements for completing objectives they are seeking a tipping point. When do the big spenders, who represent only a small fraction of total users, stop spending their disproportionate dollars and when does pipeline of new spenders dry up? If 10% of all players spend 80% of the total dollars generated, then ask yourself where does their real market potential reside? Until they see a decrease in spending dollars from their primary target base, I would expect to see the direction of the game continue on the path it is on.

Quote Originally Posted by Striker1111 View Post
    I agree, but the only way to get Gree's attention is to stop spending $.

If the players at the top of the leaderboard keep spending the way they are, Gree will keep doing what they're doing.

In my opinion, the game will eventually die because it is too hard for new players to improve their squad enough to compete with the new invasion and boss events. And the players with a strong enough squad to finish the events, don't really need to the UR reward.

The game is playing to peer pressure, ego and testosterone. To some people money is no object to achieve the emotional satisfaction they seek. And please don't blame the poor programmers. They are only doing what sales and marketing are asking them to do.

Current boss event - TERROR IN THE VELOT. The boss has had a major increase in health as you go up levels. I am now on level 40 with a boss health of 295%.

On last boss event (first week of March, 3/2-3/8) I was able to go all the way up to level 70 and beat the boss using one morale. Then I needed two morale for the next ten levels before needing 3 morals. Now, I started needing two morale at level 37.

Okay, I get the part about needing to gradually increase the difficulty and try some new things, but this is ridiculous.

SwirlingEddy
    Last edited by bradleyk; 03-18-2015 at 05:04 AM. Reason: typo

New update on boss...just hit level 41 and needed three morale to finish. I started by using two and the boss overran me with 12% health left. I had to use one more to finish off. From here on out I'll just use three morale to start the battle.

I'd like to see the countermeasure unit as a reward at some level. There have been events in the past when the countermeasure was given as a reward at some point past the red keys.
    Last edited by bradleyk; 03-18-2015 at 05:07 AM.

Yep, and note that damage bar is not in sync with health remaining bar. On damage bar I'll see the boss has something like 10% left, but when I look at boss for second morale use, I'll see it says 65% health remaining. This upgraded boss fight simply makes no sense to me anyway. Prizes suck. Weaker players can't get even close to a SR, and players with decent squads have no incentive to burn extra morales or energy to get anywhere. Although I thought I had a general handle on how the game was being managed, Shame on me. The logic behind creating this elevated boss fight simply is beyond my grasp from a business or playability aspect.

Especially since the rewards and points aren't better. You have to get well past boss 100 to get decent rewards which was doable for a lot more players before but now everyone I know who used to get that high are setting their goals to be boss 50 now. I wouldn't mind the difficulty going back up if the points went up too. Back in the day boss 40-50 took 2-3 morale but you would get 500 points extra per round so by that level you would be in the 10-12,000 points per round range but now the points go up by only 100 per round so by boss 50 you're making less than half that. Rewards need to match the effort or people will walk.

I left for awhile due to frustration, came back tried new player, and old. New alliance, nearly all have stopped playing, old alliance nearly half have quit playing. Game has become increasingly poorly managed. Apparently it has been handed off to the "D" team. Spending money at this time is out of the question, once I was spending over 100$US a month, that amount (Not small) would not significantly add value to my gaming, once it did months ago. Why would anybody invest the time needed to win a SR unit? At substantial cost, there is no longer a return in gaming experience. Too bad, it had potential.

It looks like Gree are totally focused on the Big Spenders. All of the changes that are constantly taking place are aimed at getting them to spend even more. And if vast numbers of Free Players abandon the Game, it just won't bother them. While we are on here complaining, the Big Spenders are digging deeper and splashing the cash.

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanPhalanx View Post
    It looks like Gree are totally focused on the Big Spenders. All of the changes that are constantly taking place are aimed at getting them to spend even more. And if vast numbers of Free Players abandon the Game, it just won't bother them. While we are on here complaining, the Big Spenders are digging deeper and splashing the cash.
    And we see the result of their approach in this current Boss Event. Six months back, with a much weaker squad, I could win 4 SR and 2 UR. Now I cannot get anywhere near just one SR.

I have never known such a barren period in the game. My Bosses are now so ridiculously difficult that even top players don't want them. It is a real struggle to earn any decent points. Any idea of progress has gone right out the window. I seem to be steadily going backwards.