Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gold free

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Can I borrow a dollar?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Anyone with a strong addiction to this game and wants to be in a top ten faction please PM me. Always looking for new players to join our gold faction.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    Thank you my friend. Remember when CCM finally admitted that Funzio employees were playing and in factions…..
    Yes, and HE was taken out by one of HIS own, too.
    That ONE got taken out later after ITS paw was caught dipping into someone's cookie jar.
    Oh, my friend, the stories that one day will be told.
    I've written a book of my adventures in this filthy endeavor.
    I'm trying to turn that into a movie.
    Problem for me, is that when I see the end, this thing revives itself, or gets a reprieve.
    Yeah, that's why I linger, to complete my book/movies.
    I know four others that have also written books, memoirs, or journaled their comings and goings. LOL
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by NexusImperium View Post
    Actually, I have a member of my family who is a licensed clinical social worker and she's told me on a number of occasions that she has clients come in for microtransaction spending addictions. It's actually a very common problem, and it's breaking up families and ruining people financially. People will come in with $10's of thousands in credit-card debt because of these games.

There are very few people who can spend thousands on any sort of game (monthly) without getting into financial trouble. If anyone reading is running up the credit card on these types of games, know that you're not alone and that you need to get help. You need to get in to see a counselor ASAP before you lose years of your life paying these things off.
    Another pearl of truth.
    Those who can afford to spend $250,000 a year (or more) on this kind of "stuff", don't.
    They spend millions on things far more entertaining and fulfilling, or so I'm told.
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    I certainly appreciate that folks spend mad money and therefore it's no big deal. I also suspect there are some who become addicted or are not of sound mind who spend way beyond their means.

But you have to admit there is considerable peer pressure in some factions to spend to a certain level. Sort of like a buy in in gambling.... So I don't fully buy the spend it if you can philosophy because it ain't nessessarily so.

The other problem is the entrenching of shill players within some factions so there could be some truth to the sheeple analogy as well.

But the other side is why is it so important to "always win"? Sort of like having the bigger this or that I dunno guess that's really important to some but kind of a hollow victory IMHO if no real skill is actually involved in obtaining the goal.
    hard to disagree there. like the saying goes everyone knows how to read but how many knows what to read? because there is just an insurmountable amount of items vying for our attention.
    The Coalition Elite Invite: 128 451 015
    Fully Upgraded Bonuses -23% Casualty, -30% Health Regen, +35% Ground Attack, +35% Air Attack, +35% Infantry Attack, +35% Sea Attack,, +35% Infantry Defense, +35% Ground Defense, +35% Air Defense, +35% Sea Defense, +35% Building Defense, +35% Building Output, +40 Guild Member Increase
    MW Born 04 Aug 2012 marklin, Level 212, UK Flag, 3.2B Attack, 14 Army Power, 609 Soldier Power

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Dew, I'm sure we'd all love to hear your ideas of conspiracies and shenanigans. They have certainly kept us entertained in the past. The facts of course are basic and easy. Gree developed, or at the least imitated a way to get people to spend based on the competitive nature of people. It's worked here, and it's worked in many other similar games. You might consider investigating all the other ones too, I'm sure there's many conspiracies to be found in each. I can't imagine it's just in this one game out of the hundreds, or thousands avaible.

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Beyond the Dead
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by DEWIN NUTTIN View Post
    Another pearl of truth.
    Those who can afford to spend $250,000 a year (or more) on this kind of "stuff", don't.
    They spend millions on things far more entertaining and fulfilling, or so I'm told.
    It's true. Wealthy people exhibit certain patterns of success. Sinking money into things that have absolutely no return on investment is not a pattern of success. It's also true that wealth is built, and there are, ahem, certain ways to not build wealth.