Gold free - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gold free

Post Count
    I dropped down to top 50 some time ago, but still found myself buying the odd vault.
    I sold all my buildings last week, its the only way for me to go gold free.
    With so many Gree screw ups, and changes of mods ec ect, it makes you wonder if Gree are doing it intentionally.
    I thought i may regret it, but im glad i did. The game is so repetitive tap tap. Gree have to be one of the most inept company's to run a gaming app. You will never get everyone to go gold free, look at the Supwits scoring way above what they need to!
    There cash and there choice, good luck to them. But I'm glad i finally put this god forsaken game to bed.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunyp View Post
    Listen........ Its not rocket science you spend your own money on what you want but hey.... Remember this MW is a game on your phone or tablet that is all you have no chance of gaining anything monetary wise or becoming a PM or President so for me its obvious.... Spend or don't spend but don't moan its a game!!!!!! That is it, when the game dies, as all of them eventually do you are not going to be a legend or a god etc, simple.
    Legend, PM, President, I have no interest in any of those things.
    I'm just a lazy, trifling, DEW NUTIIN bum.
    Excuse me, gotta get back under this bridge.
    I get better wifi reception under there.
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Gringo View Post
    I dropped down to top 50 some time ago, but still found myself buying the odd vault.
    I sold all my buildings last week, its the only way for me to go gold free.
    With so many Gree screw ups, and changes of mods ec ect, it makes you wonder if Gree are doing it intentionally.
    I thought i may regret it, but im glad i did. The game is so repetitive tap tap. Gree have to be one of the most inept company's to run a gaming app. You will never get everyone to go gold free, look at the Supwits scoring way above what they need to!
    There cash and there choice, good luck to them. But I'm glad i finally put this god forsaken game to bed.
    Good for you, mate.
    I did, too, and been great.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Orange Most factions require certain levels of either time and or money commitments, in terms of min wd or dl points required. We have people who will play with us for one event, or many, based on that. The people with addiction problems will probably find a venue for their addiction even if MW was gone. There's lots of other games and ways for them to spend out there. Thinking of the title of this thread, os it told free of your gold is free?lol

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    I certainly appreciate that folks spend mad money and therefore it's no big deal. I also suspect there are some who become addicted or are not of sound mind who spend way beyond their means.

But you have to admit there is considerable peer pressure in some factions to spend to a certain level. Sort of like a buy in in gambling.... So I don't fully buy the spend it if you can philosophy because it ain't nessessarily so.

The other problem is the entrenching of shill players within some factions so there could be some truth to the sheeple analogy as well.

But the other side is why is it so important to "always win"? Sort of like having the bigger this or that I dunno guess that's really important to some but kind of a hollow victory IMHO if no real skill is actually involved in obtaining the goal.
    Always happy to see you "spittin' wisdom, my friend, one or two will get it; then three, four, more, just hang in there doing it your way.

You KNOW the deal, and many have tried to reveal the treacherous ones that are engaged to KEEP 'EM Tapping, nothing more people can do, except wait, watch and wonder when the masses will come to their senses. Some have seen teh light, and all you can do is commend them when they "discover what's really up".

"

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Never spend a dime on MW. My gold money went here

Banned
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuombajj View Post
    Never spend a dime on MW. My gold money went here
    You take that pic?

Banned
    Post Count
    I certainly appreciate that folks spend mad money and therefore it's no big deal. I also suspect there are some who become addicted or are not of sound mind who spend way beyond their means.

But you have to admit there is considerable peer pressure in some factions to spend to a certain level. Sort of like a buy in in gambling.... So I don't fully buy the spend it if you can philosophy because it ain't nessessarily so.

The other problem is the entrenching of shill players within some factions so there could be some truth to the sheeple analogy as well.

But the other side is why is it so important to "always win"? Sort of like having the bigger this or that I dunno guess that's really important to some but kind of a hollow victory IMHO if no real skill is actually involved in obtaining the goal.
    Agreed Agent Orange. I would never want to be in a top 50 faction or any faction that requires gold. The top teams aren't better than anyone else because they play the game better they simply spend more money. I saw a requirement on a faction recruit message of 400k WD minimum, that can't be done gold free. It is peoples choice to spend, I get that, I don't understand how people can continue spending on such broken product. A lot of I believe is the need or desire to be number one and being in the top of this silly game somehow feeds that hunger. Or they simply have enough extra cash to be able to spend it on this game as entertainment.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by WBS View Post
    Agreed Agent Orange. I would never want to be in a top 50 faction or any faction that requires gold. The top teams aren't better than anyone else because they play the game better they simply spend more money. I saw a requirement on a faction recruit message of 400k WD minimum, that can't be done gold free. It is peoples choice to spend, I get that, I don't understand how people can continue spending on such broken product. A lot of I believe is the need or desire to be number one and being in the top of this silly game somehow feeds that hunger. Or they simply have enough extra cash to be able to spend it on this game as entertainment.
    I think you hit it on the head, it's the need to be number one. Personally it's not something that I aspire to be, er well at least not in some fantasy game spinning on a hard drive in a cold server room somewhere. That to me is what drives some, the ego, the need to feel superior. I saw this first hand in one faction where two members tried to take control over the faction by stabbing other members in the back. This is supposed to be a fun game? No some people take this stuff way too seriously and my gut feeling is that that was not an isolated situation.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by DEWIN NUTTIN View Post
    Always happy to see you "spittin' wisdom, my friend, one or two will get it; then three, four, more, just hang in there doing it your way.

You KNOW the deal, and many have tried to reveal the treacherous ones that are engaged to KEEP 'EM Tapping, nothing more people can do, except wait, watch and wonder when the masses will come to their senses. Some have seen teh light, and all you can do is commend them when they "discover what's really up".

Thank you my friend. Remember when CCM finally admitted that Funzio employees were playing and in factions…..
    Modern War
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Level 33+

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    I think you hit it on the head, it's the need to be number one. Personally it's not something that I aspire to be, er well at least not in some fantasy game spinning on a hard drive in a cold server room somewhere. That to me is what drives some, the ego, the need to feel superior. I saw this first hand in one faction where two members tried to take control over the faction by stabbing other members in the back. This is supposed to be a fun game? No some people take this stuff way too seriously and my gut feeling is that that was not an isolated situation.
    I think I know what faction you are REGfering to........

Banned
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    So many things here I've forgotten all about. Nice to have a reminder once in a while. Let's you see just how many "problems" come along to distract us from such things.

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Beyond the Dead
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by WBS View Post
    [...] I don't understand how people can continue spending on such broken product. A lot of I believe is the need or desire to be number one and being in the top of this silly game somehow feeds that hunger. Or they simply have enough extra cash to be able to spend it on this game as entertainment.
    Actually, I have a member of my family who is a licensed clinical social worker and she's told me on a number of occasions that she has clients come in for microtransaction spending addictions. It's actually a very common problem, and it's breaking up families and ruining people financially. People will come in with $10's of thousands in credit-card debt because of these games.

There are very few people who can spend thousands on any sort of game (monthly) without getting into financial trouble. If anyone reading is running up the credit card on these types of games, know that you're not alone and that you need to get help. You need to get in to see a counselor ASAP before you lose years of your life paying these things off.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by truthteller View Post
    I think I know what faction you are REGfering to........
    Indeed you do...
    Modern War
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Level 33+

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by NexusImperium View Post
    Actually, I have a member of my family who is a licensed clinical social worker and she's told me on a number of occasions that she has clients come in for microtransaction spending addictions. It's actually a very common problem, and it's breaking up families and ruining people financially. People will come in with $10's of thousands in credit-card debt because of these games.

There are very few people who can spend thousands on any sort of game (monthly) without getting into financial trouble. If anyone reading is running up the credit card on these types of games, know that you're not alone and that you need to get help. You need to get in to see a counselor ASAP before you lose years of your life paying these things off.
    Thank you for posting that, it needed to be said.
    Modern War
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Level 33+