Seriously... fix Arena

I am so damned tired of the misses and crits in arena. I've lost matches to teams wearing legendary armor vs my maxed epic armor, because I've missed several times while they crit several times. This is absolutely infuriating.

And the worst part? I KNOW you've programmed it into the game to make me miss more often the longer my win streak gets. So not only are you force-feeding me harder opponents, but now you're making sure that I miss during the fights too.

STOP IT.

Technically the arena is already not in our favor, because our opponent gets first attack, so please, for the love of God, STOP MAKING ME MISS EVERY GOD DAMNED MATCH WHILE THEY KEEP CRITTING ME OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

This is seriously so entirely frustrating that I stopped playing KND for a couple days, because every time I opened the app, I got pissed and closed it again.

QQ, arena is not broken (or atleast not the way you view it). Misses and critz are part of it. you also win matches that you are suppose to lose, it works both ways. well paired legionaries can kill a badly paired epic.

They do get first hit, but they don't fight smart.
    Smiley V3
    Veni Vidi Vici (V3). Top 10 players get HC positions
    Level 75 (iOS) 10/10 elemental bonuses for all elements

Line ID: smiley1688

Yes it happens, but it's not as often. I've kept track for two weeks, and my misses is almost double, and really it would be more, but for some reason the matches I'm sure to win, they'll miss 2 or 3 times.
    And they're not necessarily well-paired legendaries. Although that happens as well, I've had the same issue with neutral legendaries. I just lost an arena match where the first 4 swings from my opponent were crits, and I missed once. I'm not exaggerating. I'm not lying. That's broken.

Quote Originally Posted by diaewad View Post
    I am so damned tired of the misses and crits in arena. I've lost matches to teams wearing legendary armor vs my maxed epic armor, because I've missed several times while they crit several times. This is absolutely infuriating.

And the worst part? I KNOW you've programmed it into the game to make me miss more often the longer my win streak gets. So not only are you force-feeding me harder opponents, but now you're making sure that I miss during the fights too.

STOP IT.

Technically the arena is already not in our favor, because our opponent gets first attack, so please, for the love of God, STOP MAKING ME MISS EVERY GOD DAMNED MATCH WHILE THEY KEEP CRITTING ME OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

This is seriously so entirely frustrating that I stopped playing KND for a couple days, because every time I opened the app, I got pissed and closed it again.
    I don't know about this. Everytime I've fought in the arena, I seem to miss randomly. There's no rhyme or reason to when I miss it just happens. It's like in any RPG when you're in a fight and your character randomly misses. Sure, it's frustrating but it's usually a complete random chance that you missed. It's probably a fixed percentage and you're just unlucky.

It doesn't seem like the higher my winstreak gets the more I miss. How exactly do "YOU KNOW" that they programmed the game to react like that? It just sounds like assumptions to me.

Maybe take a break from the Arena if it's pissing you off on a regular basis? I don't know.

I really doubt GREE goes, oh hey this guy is winning a ton, let's make it so he misses constantly.

Pfff hahahahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by SylusBlack View Post
    I don't know about this. Everytime I've fought in the arena, I seem to miss randomly. There's no rhyme or reason to when I miss it just happens. It's like in any RPG when you're in a fight and your character randomly misses. Sure, it's frustrating but it's usually a complete random chance that you missed. It's probably a fixed percentage and you're just unlucky.

It doesn't seem like the higher my winstreak gets the more I miss. How exactly do "YOU KNOW" that they programmed the game to react like that? It just sounds like assumptions to me.

Maybe take a break from the Arena if it's pissing you off on a regular basis? I don't know.

I really doubt GREE goes, oh hey this guy is winning a ton, let's make it so he misses constantly.

Pfff hahahahaha.
    It's common sense with games like this that the longer they can keep you playing the more you're going to pay. Really the only way to keep a high arena streak going is that eventually the player will have to pay for energy, and it's Video Games 101 the longer you go the harder it gets, like the towers in single player in Mortal Kombat. They just do it here by tipping the scales a bit more in favor of you're opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by Ly0n0 View Post
    It's common sense with games like this that the longer they can keep you playing the more you're going to pay. Really the only way to keep a high arena streak going is that eventually the player will have to pay for energy, and it's Video Games 101 the longer you go the harder it gets, like the towers in single player in Mortal Kombat. They just do it here by tipping the scales a bit more in favor of you're opponent.
    I know that it's common sense, but there's no proof of this. It probably feels like it's getting harder A) because you've invested a decent amount time in it. B) Because you already went into it thinking it will get harder the farther you go. C) The risk becomes more apparent when you've racked up a ton of wins in a row, because you could lose it all in one fell swoop. D) You've probably beaten most of the 'easier' opponents within your Arena menu.

It's probably more of a psychological effect than an actual reflection of what they've done behind the curtain in game.

Without proof or data there's no way to tell. So blaming them for fudging the arena or the difficulty is just...well speculative ignorance.

it's a game balance problem

I think misses and crits are random, but are super-annoying now because of how game balance has changed over time. Back in the beginning, armors were much weaker and there was no jewelry and guilds didn't have max bonuses, so knights didn't hit as hard. One hit, crit or miss wasn't going to screw you necessarily, the damage at stake was maybe 5-10% of your opponents HP. Now, armor and att/def jewelry power things up so you kill your opposing knights in 1-2 hits and a crit or miss is more like 15-20% of the battle.

+hp jewelry should help rebalance the arena, at least so some extent. When people have maxed rings and amulets and have +200 hp per knight or more, one miss or crit will be less decisive.

Quote Originally Posted by SylusBlack View Post
    It's probably more of a psychological effect than an actual reflection of what they've done behind the curtain in game.

Without proof or data there's no way to tell. So blaming them for fudging the arena or the difficulty is just...well speculative ignorance.
    I'm sure they have at least programmed something to make getting longer streaks more difficult. Some time ago we had a bug where you would face the same opponent each time you went back into battle. I noticed several times that sometimes I did get another (more difficult) opponent when I was at a milestone-reward. The next battle would give me the original opponent back.

So I am not sure exactly what they do, but I am 100% sure they programmed it to make a streak more difficult to get. Imho not a real problem but they could be more open about it

Haha, arena isnt fixed. The misses n crits are random

When u fight an opponent, the opponent dont have any bonuses at all already and you have yours. Thats advantage to you already.

And no, the opponents dont give tougher or there will be more missses the longer your streak is/are.

Founder of Singapore Legends

RAinbow Ruckus Arena Black Medalist

Singapore Legends, only #1 blitz-raid guild, Chaos Knight Raid

Number 2 Guild 47-0, War of The Technomancer.

Member of DQP

Quote Originally Posted by Ju Nation View Post
    Haha, arena isnt fixed. The misses n crits are random

When u fight an opponent, the opponent dont have any bonuses at all already and you have yours. Thats advantage to you already.

And no, the opponents dont give tougher or there will be more missses the longer your streak is/are.
    If an opponent is associated with a guild, why wouldn't they have bonuses?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord P View Post
    If an opponent is associated with a guild, why wouldn't they have bonuses?
    that's how it works man.

same goes for friends battle

you mean you don't know that?

Founder of Singapore Legends

RAinbow Ruckus Arena Black Medalist

Singapore Legends, only #1 blitz-raid guild, Chaos Knight Raid

Number 2 Guild 47-0, War of The Technomancer.

Member of DQP

I have not seen a problem with arena that is not also in everything other attack as far as misses go.