DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trades

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by rabid1 View Post
    I know we take bricks, cash, uzis, favors, whatever for seats. sometimes its a combo of all for a rb seat. some in our syndicate finish our rb, then sell hits for the rest of the event.
    There are syndicates that trade bricks (or uzis/cash) for raid boss damage? That's interesting. Do people ask for an actual amount of damage per brick, or do they offer bricks on a per hit basis?

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Vile Lynn View Post
    I wasn't trolling: never have, never will. My post was serious and honest.
    Not to mention stupid. There is a discussion here whether you think so or not and regardless of whether you like it or not. So take your trolling to a different thread.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I have 4,500 bricks and don't feel like donating them to my syndacite. Is there anyone here dumb enough to pay me in iTunes credit for them? How much is fair?

Lurker
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    There are syndicates that trade bricks (or uzis/cash) for raid boss damage? That's interesting. Do people ask for an actual amount of damage per brick, or do they offer bricks on a per hit basis?
    usually when someone asks for damage (paid for in bricks), they'll pay X bricks for a heavy hitter to sit with them for X ammount of 100s, its never really a specific arrangement. Sometimes when they want a specific number of bosses killed they're paid in gold, but I don't know those numbers.

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Last two posts are beginning to suggest real world currency. Please don't discuss any trades or arrangements involving real currency, as that is a violation of the game's ToS.

Still interesting though. I never even considered using raid boss damage as a type of in game currency.

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan1000 View Post
    First off, you can't bash on someone for not knowing something if you spell "know" like "no".

Secondly, take the advice how you'd like. You can go ahead and spend what you like on bricks and call me the dlck versus the guy overcharging for a bunch of pixels, havr fun with that.
    First off, thank you for correcting my spelling error, which totally negated my observation. [/SARCASM]

Secondly, I was not bashing on you. You offered no advice that made any sense. If you admittedly KNOW nothing about the subject at hand, why do you feel compelled to offer your UNINFORMED advice. Now please, instead of a real answer, make this about me calling you out about your UNINFORMED advice. Oh and also correct any of my spelling or grammatical errors so that you can falsely feel superior to me. Better yet don't bother because we both know that you don't have an answer to my question.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetric View Post
    First off, thank you for correcting my spelling error, which totally negated my observation. [/SARCASM]

Secondly, I was not bashing on you. You offered no advice that made any sense. If you admittedly KNOW nothing about the subject at hand, why do you feel compelled to offer your UNINFORMED advice. Now please, instead of a real answer, make this about me calling you out about your UNINFORMED advice. Oh and also correct any of my spelling or grammatical errors so that you can falsely feel superior to me. Better yet don't bother because we both know that you don't have an answer to my question.
    You're very welcome, and yes, yes it did.

It is indeed bashing. I offered advice, you can take it how you like. I never said I knew nothing about the brick trade, I said I knew nothing about supply and demand or inflation in general.. and I don't need to.

Also, I'm sorry if I hit a sore spot, are you one of the people to sell overpriced bricks? Or are you just a guy that wasted his money buying bricks at such a high price that you have to bash on someone's advice to do otherwise?
    Double Negative is always recruiting. T10
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34FoTYwwlIQ
    Line id: evan1000

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan1000 View Post
    You're very welcome, and yes, yes it did.

It is indeed bashing. I offered advice, you can take it how you like. I never said I knew nothing about the brick trade, I said I knew nothing about supply and demand or inflation in general.. and I don't need to.

Also, I'm sorry if I hit a sore spot, are you one of the people to sell overpriced bricks? Or are you just a guy that wasted his money buying bricks at such a high price that you have to bash on someone's advice to do otherwise?
    If any advice is preceeded by a clear statement that the person giving the advice does not know what they're talking about, the advice is irrelevant.

Because of supply and demand there is no such thing as over priced bricks. If demand is high and supply is low, the person willing and able to pay more will win the auction. It has nothing to do with the seller asking too much and everything to do with competing with other potential buyers.

If demand is low and supply is high, the opposite happens. Bricks sellers will undercut each other in order to win the cash made available by however many buyers they can find. Either that or they will drop the offers entirely until the supply dries up, leaving them with bricks to sell at increased prices when demand increases.

In neither of those situations is anyone a jerk or an idiot for agreeing to a deal.

Remember that advice you had, from several people, to lurk more? Add my name to the list of people giving you that advice.

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    They should add a "dipshidiots arguing about stupid stuff" sub forum.