GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dev Notes: Week of January 12, 2015

Lurker
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Thank you for the update! IMHO this is the best game on the ipad.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    I agree ozy, I think some people feel that everyone should be able to complete every event. Gree has said that they will offer different levels for the diff levels of players. If everything were easy enough for most to complete, it would not be a challenge for the higher players. Actually masters is not that hard to complete, if everyone puts their hits in just for faction, instead of through the indy portion. I know teams below top100 that do finish it that way. Means you give up the indy, so decide what's more important, a prize that helps everyone in the faction, or just one, if you're even able to complete it. If you do prestige same way, gives more time to work on masters. Team events are more fun than indy ones, I know top teams need to do all for obvious reasons, but lower teams have to pick and chose what gives the most benefit.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Hi,

It seems like the permanent triple hit boost still isnt working correctly, I have a 9% boost but I only get 1.5-2% triple hits. I tried to explain this in a ticket but got a generic response

REG at heart

SUPU - GHOSTS

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by RhythmNBruise View Post
    In Progress

Last week, we fixed the underlying issue for the “disappearing items” problem some players were seeing with hero equip items. (That fix should also have taken care of the “unable to change equipment” problem.) We haven't been able to come up with an awesome way to fix all the negative items in one fell swoop, so you may still see residual issues with negative equipment numbers as we work our way through the tickets for that issue.

This week we’re working on some client-side crash issues, along with the “freezing before PvP” problem. The PvP freeze is caused by a popup that’s not showing up correctly, so it’s a pretty simple fix. It looks like we should be sending new client versions to Apple and Google at the end of this week, although as usual the Android one will come out before the iOS one due to reviewing time.

The freeze some of you are seeing in other places in PvP is a different bug and we're working on that one too.

Coming Up

We’re continuing our work on performance and stability, and you’ll probably see a bunch of small updates from us with improvements before any big feature builds arrive.

Our new features are coming along nicely. (Yes, I will tell you what they are one of these days.)

We think we’ve got a handle on the problems with Epic Boss, so we’ll be bringing that event back. We’re still thinking about maybe revamping it, but we won’t be doing that just yet.

We’re also working on a pretty major expansion pack, with larger Vault sizes, PvP rank additions, Guild Bonus additions, more levels, and scratcher updates. (Yes, I am teasing you. No, I’m not going to tell you more right now - patience!)

How’s It Work: How We Look at Events

I mentioned in my dev notes for last week that we don’t see a lot of participation in epic boss events, and people seemed really surprised by that, so I wanted to explain some of the metrics we’re looking at. (These are pretty common metrics in mobile gaming.)

The first thing we look at is Daily Active Users. That’s just “how many people log into/open the game on any given day." We like looking at which events draw people into the game.

We also track a variety of measures of how people progress through the events. While a number of people do progress through epic boss, a large number of people don't appear to go out of their way to go deep into the event.

Like every other gaming company, we do look some at monetization measures, the main ones being average revenue per daily active user (ARPDAU) and average revenue per paying user (ARPPU). Different gaming companies focus on these metrics differently and they are frequently used to understand how or why an event does well or poorly from a revenue standpoint.

We also look not only at how much money is being spent, but whether people are spending cash and gold in game on an event.

When we design events, some of them are designed to pull in lots of players and appeal to them all, and some of them are designed mostly for higher-level players, so we don’t expect to see the same kinds of numbers on any given day, but we usually do hope to see a bump in active users around the start and end of an event, and we hope to see a a large number of players making an effort to progress. Epic boss gets quite a bit of participation from people who happen to be around for it, and has some effect on logins, but we don’t see the levels of participation and engagement we do for some other events. That being said, it sounds like there is certainly a group of players that really enjoys this event, and we're looking to bring it back in the future.
    The problem with Epic Boss is you made the xp astronomical and a very long and tedious exercise. So the gains are far out weighed now by the low xp LTQ's U have brought out. But the main problem is U do not leave anytime for anything outside of MW, so players pick events to miss. With Epic Boss being a 4-5 day event before WD, added with the tediousness of the event and the xp makes it the easy option to miss them out.
    The correct fix would be to allow us one weekend a cycle off or have Raid Boss on one. Just one FL and WD will do, and then maybe not pack every living minute with an LTQ in between.

Also what might be worth picking up on is Raid Boss, as U are slowly destroying this event. This event was a great community event, where is big players could go and help friends. U truly brought the MW world together with this event and was amazing WAS.
    Now U have stopped this on purpose by putting Fltq during. I understand some top teams and players want something to do when finished FL, not just helping others, so why not an LTq? Why stop players doing what humans enjoy doing. Helping each other???
    This needs to be seen to or U will kill event to.

Post Count
    It is also worth taking note that the events like Epic Boss struggle for activity because of the amount of times U need to connect to server. With Ur new data system costs players not on wifi huge amounts of their mobile data packages, so whilst U can log in and kill, both on Epic and Raid boss it is costing the player extra which which you see no extra income from. I used to do both, but since having to raise my package from 500mb to 2gb a month it has becomes not worth it. I paid in game to get my stats to a point where I can do 150 kills for free but am now paying for the mobile data to do it in the time frame you set. Remember a large majority of your players have families and jobs. And I can imagine the ones that don't have jobs do not have much of an impact on your revenues.
    A great idea would be to have players from different factions, ranked from 1000th-1st that can actually tell u what their issues are and what they enjoy, say 100 random leaders. This way you would actually get an idea of what your customers want and not what you want. And I am sure would increase your revenues.
    The amount of spenders leaving the game is not in proportion to the gold spenders being added. As it is clear to see.
    Happy customers will play and spend more. That is a fact of every business in the world. I understand U can not please everyone, but pleasing 5-10% of your players, if that, is no way to run a business. I assume you have dealt with your loss in revenue by making many people that answer tickets redundant, as it's easier to pull a tooth from a great white than to actually get a non automated answer that has absolutely no relevance to the ticket submitted. This is also probably the reason the amount of tickets has gone up. No replies or when it is replied to, the first 3 times you can see no one has read the tickets and an answer has been given that has nothing to do with the question asked.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Norsklandman View Post
    The problem with Epic Boss is you made the xp astronomical and a very long and tedious exercise. So the gains are far out weighed now by the low xp LTQ's U have brought out. But the main problem is U do not leave anytime for anything outside of MW, so players pick events to miss. With Epic Boss being a 4-5 day event before WD, added with the tediousness of the event and the xp makes it the easy option to miss them out.
    The correct fix would be to allow us one weekend a cycle off or have Raid Boss on one. Just one FL and WD will do, and then maybe not pack every living minute with an LTQ in between.

Also what might be worth picking up on is Raid Boss, as U are slowly destroying this event. This event was a great community event, where is big players could go and help friends. U truly brought the MW world together with this event and was amazing WAS.
    Now U have stopped this on purpose by putting Fltq during. I understand some top teams and players want something to do when finished FL, not just helping others, so why not an LTq? Why stop players doing what humans enjoy doing. Helping each other???
    This needs to be seen to or U will kill event to.
    There already are weekends off during a cycle, it's called put your phone away and don't log onto the game!!!! Really infuriates me when people moan that the game doesn't give them a break when you can have a break whenever you want

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffW View Post
    Problem with epic boss is that its just tap, tap, tap and its extremely time consuming to finish. The dead time you have to wait before a new boss can be summoned is very frustrating - too short to do anything else, long enough to make the whole event very time consuming. The best events imo have stuff going on to keep pulling you back in but don't demand constant attention that just doesn't fit with real life. WD and FL work well in that respect because you can pop in at the beginning and end giving you 1/2 hour to hour intervals when you can get on with other stuff (unless you are a top team tapping away all the time lol). Likewise with the ltq's you just have to pop in to the game regularly - they don't need constant attention.
    No game queries constant attention. It is you choice.

E.g. You need constantly to be in the game to collect your money (you have ready supply depot at each 5 minutes). "Collect or not collect" is your choice.

Epic boss was the best event in the game till now. (I don't know what Gree goes to kill/damage in the event with new changes...)

Lurker
    Post Count
    Hey gree, u said u had fixed the "unable to change equipments " issue but still i cant change and use my new equipments.. Pls look forward into it.. I am still waiting for the lost equipments 100++ that u owe me.
    My id is 936208569 and my game's name is "Afiq"

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    Feels about right to me then, and possibly even still too generous. It's not too long ago top 250s would struggle to finish Prestige.
    This is spot on. My mini was in a faction which placed around 350 and there were multiple times where we couldn't beat the 100s in time or even a 100 at all. The past raid boss we were able to get more than half way through masters. Yes, I liked how my mini was able to get that far into masters but I do agree that it should NOT be that way. Masters is called masters for a reason, and only high level factions should be able to complete it. My main faction will more than likely not be doing masters at all this event; and I am okay with that because, again, masters is for higher level factions.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikelord View Post
    They clearly don't care about customer service, half the reason they see epic boss activity drop is because it USED TO BE 50 KILLS. Doesn't take a derp head to realize 150 kills of logging in and out is tedious expecially since the game is like super beyond laggyness slow (well was get my point though) you don't think this through much. No one asked for 150 levels 50 was great
    I agree with this, too. When it was 50 levels before, the levels were more difficult and the difficulty got harder more quickly. Now, players are much stronger and the difficulty is very low for 150 bosses. Many people are able to one or two hit the bosses all the way through 150.

I would be okay with bosses getting more difficult and going back to 50 total. This would make it more convenient to the players who would not have to refresh repeatedly to summon 150 bosses. It would also make it more challenging and less tedious to work through. This would, however, require some sort of revamp of the daily faction goals, but something as simple as 3 times less faction daily kills might do the trick.

Lurker
    Post Count

why suggest an entry fee?

Quote Originally Posted by DEWIN NUTTIN View Post
    Oh, sweetie, that's genius right there.

How about having a FREE WD, and a PAY TO PLAY WD.
    They run simultaneously.

Plus, for the PAY TO PLAY WD "choice", each time you delcare your faction pays 500 gold.
    Man, that's fair.

For the FREE WD, the prizes are scaled back, and it would probably equalize the tapping field.

The bigger TAPPERS would choose the PAY TO PLAY WD, and smaller TAPPERS would likely choose FREE WD.

That alone would lessen the uneven pairings, plus what my sweetheart said above.
    I would quit immediately if they charged to participate in an event or even tiered it to free and not free. I wouldn't even think twice about it.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by MENTALLY INCOMPETENT View Post
    Why not segregate teams by strength for FL and WD?

You might have divisions - weight classes, like fighters or wrestlers do.

You could have something along these lines:

Classify by average team strength:

Under 5,000,000

From 5,000,001 to 10,000,000

From 10,000,001 to 20,000,000

From 20,000,001 to 40,000,000

From 40,000,001 to 80,000,000

From 80,000,001 to 120,000,000

From 120,000,001 to 150,000,000

From 150,000,001 to 200,000,000

From 200,000,001 to 300,000,000

From 300,000,001 to 500,000,000

From 500,000,001 to 900,000,000

From 900,000,001 to 3,000,000,000

From 3,000,000,001 to 6,000,000,000

From 6,000,000,001 to 9,000,000,000

Over 9,000,000,000

Okay, here's another great idea.

You're missing some very unique angles here, and you can also increase your revenue stream.

You can charge each player 100 gold to enter participate in WD.
    You charge the team a fee of 100 gold for each participant, or collect it from each participant.
    The 100 gold is easily obtained by watching videos daily.
    HINT: Another increase, albeit ever so slight, to your revenue stream, TapJoy activity.
    If a player chooses not to participate, you simply disable them during WD, but allow them to do other things during WD.
    You can continue to reward players with trinkets, an sweeten the pot with Gold.
    Why not reward with gold an trinkets?

Think about it, and good luck.
    For Frontline, the classes could be better divided by team average IPH, or team total summed IPH, or some formula based on IPH since igc + activity is really the primary factor up to the point of purchasing deploy refills.

I always though WD should have divisions based on some sort of tier system, and teams should fight for top spot in their respective tier. And make the top rewards in each tier have some useful bonuses like health and energy regen, etc. I love the idea of basing the tiers on average team strength.
    Navy SEALs (Warring Since Brazil): 133-849-473
    Militia SEALs 361-119-847

Join Today: https://groupme.com/join_group/9814509/FAHfEU
    You are not out of the fight!
    Courage - Loyalty - Honor

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by codys21 View Post
    This is spot on. My mini was in a faction which placed around 350 and there were multiple times where we couldn't beat the 100s in time or even a 100 at all. The past raid boss we were able to get more than half way through masters. Yes, I liked how my mini was able to get that far into masters but I do agree that it should NOT be that way. Masters is called masters for a reason, and only high level factions should be able to complete it. My main faction will more than likely not be doing masters at all this event; and I am okay with that because, again, masters is for higher level factions.
    I just checked, level 100 health is still lower than it was back in September, for the Jamaica cycle.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed ump View Post
    I agree ozy, I think some people feel that everyone should be able to complete every event. Gree has said that they will offer different levels for the diff levels of players. If everything were easy enough for most to complete, it would not be a challenge for the higher players. Actually masters is not that hard to complete, if everyone puts their hits in just for faction, instead of through the indy portion. I know teams below top100 that do finish it that way. Means you give up the indy, so decide what's more important, a prize that helps everyone in the faction, or just one, if you're even able to complete it. If you do prestige same way, gives more time to work on masters. Team events are more fun than indy ones, I know top teams need to do all for obvious reasons, but lower teams have to pick and chose what gives the most benefit.
    You make an excellent point with regards to players choosing whether to focus on faction goals or indy goals. The game kind of places stress on a player to make a decision whether he/she will support the team or focus on themself. Of course, focusing on the team means everyone gets ahead - doing only indy doesn't get any better prizes. So metering the FLTQs to always be achievable, but only if the whole team sticks to the faction goals and doesn't try to do indy without using gold, is a great way of separating teams with good leadership and loyal members from teams with less effective leadership and organization. The faction goals should always reward higher than the indy goals, and the wrapper prizes are there to motivate gold usage.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikelord View Post
    ...half the reason they see epic boss activity drop is because it USED TO BE 50 KILLS. Doesn't take a derp head to realize 150 kills of logging in and out is tedious expecially since the game is like super beyond laggyness slow (well was get my point though) you don't think this through much. No one asked for 150 levels 50 was great
    Spot on. If you guys would check the metrics on these events and their decreasing participation over time, you could probably link the participation decrease to changes that were applied to the event - such as taking epic boss from 50 kills to 150, eliminating using standard map targets for LTQs, etc etc... simply going back to a slightly modified version of the original iteration of the event may have a very surprising outcome in participation.
    Navy SEALs (Warring Since Brazil): 133-849-473
    Militia SEALs 361-119-847

Join Today: https://groupme.com/join_group/9814509/FAHfEU
    You are not out of the fight!
    Courage - Loyalty - Honor

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Kefa View Post
    Spot on. If you guys would check the metrics on these events and their decreasing participation over time, you could probably link the participation decrease to changes that were applied to the event - such as taking epic boss from 50 kills to 150, eliminating using standard map targets for LTQs, etc etc... simply going back to a slightly modified version of the original iteration of the event may have a very surprising outcome in participation.
    I would love to see an LTQ with the standard map targets. What has it been, a year since we had one? And even then it was only the map bosses, right?