Dev Notes: Week of January 12, 2015 - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dev Notes: Week of January 12, 2015

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by codys21 View Post
    I would love to see an LTQ with the standard map targets. What has it been, a year since we had one? And even then it was only the map bosses, right?
    This idea is bad, very bad! XP is huge in standard map targets!!!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by codys21 View Post
    I would love to see an LTQ with the standard map targets. What has it been, a year since we had one? And even then it was only the map bosses, right?
    Yeah, at least a year. Plus, using the standard map targets requires a player be a certain level in order to access the involved maps, and have his/her unit buildings at a certain level in order to possess the units needed to hit the listed targets. All around, LTQ was a far, far better event when it used standard map targets. Who cares if people can pre-stage? Lazy people won't, anyway.
    Navy SEALs (Warring Since Brazil): 133-849-473
    Militia SEALs 361-119-847

Join Today: https://groupme.com/join_group/9814509/FAHfEU
    You are not out of the fight!
    Courage - Loyalty - Honor

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Kefa View Post
    For Frontline, the classes could be better divided by team average IPH, or team total summed IPH, or some formula based on IPH since igc + activity is really the primary factor .
    Quote Originally Posted by MENTALLY INCOMPETENT View Post
    Why not segregate teams by strength for FL and WD?

You might have divisions - weight classes, like fighters or wrestlers do..
    Disagree with both. Division MUST be per rank in previous event only. Top 10 teams shall be united in one division. 15 teams from top 25 in second devision. Etc. Such dividing will give more money to Gree and more live to divisions. Today division gives only more units to top-top faction; no other changes. Game is more and more boring with today divisions, equipment and similar changes.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Annihilator2 View Post
    Disagree with both. Division MUST be per rank in previous event only. Top 10 teams shall be united in one division. 15 teams from top 25 in second devision. Etc. Such dividing will give more money to Gree and more live to divisions. Today division gives only more units to top-top faction; no other changes. Game is more and more boring with today divisions, equipment and similar changes.
    I know NOTHING will change, unless it enhances the bottom line of the GREEat provider and Our Overlord.
    Most posters KNOW that, too.
    Frankly, posting and reading the forum is far more enjoyable than incessant, useless, unrewarding tap, tap, tap, tapping hour after bloody hour, day after day after day, week after week after week, month after month after month, year in, year out, to achieve NOTHING BUT unfulfilled emptiness, more same-old-same-same, lots of NOTHING.

I stopped believing in GREEat Pumpkin, Santa Claus, The Easter Bunny, loveable leprechauns, dancing kittens, and all those other kiddy stuff decades ago.

Besides, no one reads most (or even takes notice) of these musings, rants, and ramblings anyway (except our fellow musers, ranters, and ramblers).
    If by some odd chance a post is taken note of, nothing changes for the better.

The GREEat Provider and Our Overlord has chosen to offer mere lip service while deciding to DEW everything in their "special and unique" way!

Last edited by DEWIN NUTTIN; 01-14-2015 at 01:08 PM.
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Post Count
    When will you create an equal playing field between IOS & droid for free gold videos?

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Question for developers. There are certain bonuses like health regen or double / triple strikes that benefit during WD, raid boss etc. But there are no bonuses now that would benefit players during FLs. Would you consider such bonuses and may be you can tide refills for deployments to the health % of individual players. Thx

Development Team
    Post Count
    We're waiting on an update to the SDK that runs those videos, and are planning on integrating it into the Android build as soon as they have a new production-ready version. (It's a third party, so I don't have a timeline for that.)

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    This idea is bad, very bad! XP is huge in standard map targets!!!
    Scary XP!! Time to get over the avoiding leveling up path some of you are on. Just wait for the new rank based units to come out and then you can complain that you cannot buy them because you avoided events due to XP.

When Funzio ran this game they did a great job using the normal NPCs within the game. This allowed players to use some type of strategy like upgrading a unit building to unlock units, pre set the leader of a map or the whole map etc. Back then it was fun to try and be ready for an LTQ and disappointing at the same time when you realized you missed out on a 20% health Regen unit because you upgraded the wrong unit building.

It's been about a year since Gree used original NPCs in the Axis of Evil event. Just like defensive buildings, skill points set to Attack or defense, the original NPCs and maps have been made irrelevant in the game. All of these areas used to play key roles in the game and made the game more interesting.

Articulate Author East Coast Bias's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by RhythmNBruise View Post
    We're waiting on an update to the SDK that runs those videos, and are planning on integrating it into the Android build as soon as they have a new production-ready version. (It's a third party, so I don't have a timeline for that.)
    Please don't fix this glitch too quickly, or you'd be accused of being the Free Video Killing Machine.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by RhythmNBruise View Post
    Are iOS users gonna get some compensation? Considering you can get a vault for watching a few hours videos

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    The boss event for me was one of the best ways to build stats, not so much anymore. But usually the faction goal wrapper/bonus unit is something that benefits everyone in my faction.

If you are looking at participation, have you looked at the amount of people that are participating and the completion of the goal? Our biggest problem is that goals 1-3 can usually be completed relatively fast and then you have to wait until the next goal is live to start hitting the boss again (that is if you wait and support your faction).

At 1 time the goals were set up back to back and that way you would work on the bosses at your own speed and your own time. I understand that some teams will finish in record time, but this will allow other teams to also finish. For my faction, this is what we hear the most as the biggest problem with the boss event.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Merc_mw View Post
    When will you create an equal playing field between IOS & droid for free gold videos?
    And between countries! There is a lot of videos in US and much less in Europe.

Post Count
    And between countries! There is a lot of videos in US and much less in Europe.
    That'll be up to Tapjoy. There's not much point playing commercials for restaurants or movie trailers that aren't relevant in Europe, and we get allot of those here. The advertisers pay Tapjoy for packages of so many plays and filtered by local markets and other demographics. So Tapjoy needs to get busy selling ad space to companies in Europe.
    Navy SEALs (Warring Since Brazil): 133-849-473
    Militia SEALs 361-119-847

Join Today: https://groupme.com/join_group/9814509/FAHfEU
    You are not out of the fight!
    Courage - Loyalty - Honor

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I noticed we have have a 24hr FLTQ occurring at the same time that an individual one is in progress. Gree, please tell me this is an error or at least that it's a one time thing. As if constant LTQs wasn't enough your going to start running two at a time now? No thanks. That'll push me out the door.
    A strange game! The only winning move is not to play.—War Games (1983)

It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Man is free at the moment he wishes to be.—Voltaire

Our freedom can be measured by the number of things we can walk away from.—Vernon Howard

The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any.—Alice Walker

To complain is nonacceptance of what is...change it, leave it, or accept it. All else is madness.—Eckhart Tolle

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Still can't change equipment, still missing equipment. Same BS response and closing of tickets. Your "fixes" suck