Price of Gold Increase on iOS - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Price of Gold Increase on iOS

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I think the Apple CEOs didn't get their expected bonus, so they're gonna get it this year.

Post Count
    Apple announced today some numbers which clearly indicate the company started the year off on the right foot. Apple has stated that the App Store set a new record for billings in the first week of January, with customers world-wide spending nearly half a billion dollars on apps and in-app purchases. In addition, the company has indicated that New Year’s Day 2015 was the single biggest sales day in App Store sales history.

In all, the App Store has generated $25 billion in revenue for developers from the sale of apps and games, of which there are now more than 1.4 million, 725,000 of which are made for iPad.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by cooch View Post
    Exactly. Your problem u voted for goons that depend on your taxes for their salary. Fx figure out in class or go work for an international company
    If you can show me some examples of politicians that don't fit this description, I would be happy to consider them. In many years of voting, I have yet to see one.

Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    Does anyone really care about any of this VAT, GST, exchange rate non sense? All that really matters is that both platforms are priced equally. Whatever the price is, is just that. Whatever it is. Google/Amazon follow suit with Apple and everything is back to the way it was.
    Ideally, yes, but when compared to other products, is that really reasonable? When you buy any consumer product, you make choices that factor in expenses. Do you think if you buy a new Chevy the cost of operating it will be the same as a Mercedes? If you choose to live in a city like SF, where wages/expenses are considerably higher than the rest of the nation, does the $99 vault cause the same level of heartburn as it would for someone in a small midwestern town where wages are quite low? In countries where taxes are applied, is their total cost of living actually worse? I know if I lived in a country with free health care I would have $350 a month to waste on frivolous things.

Ideally, you would like to charge the same rate for everybody, but there are far too many factors in the total expense pool to really expect Apple/Google/etc to come up with some complicated algorithm to adjust for taxes, platforms, cost of living, etc.

I can totally see why they would just say it's one price and let market forces go from there. After that, it's kind of out of their hands.

Post Count
    buy or borrow a cheap droid for the sole purpose of purchasing gold. You can do that now. duh

Post Count
    Apple died with Jobs. Sorry about that.

Post Count
    This is payback for all that free gold ios users have been able to get that droid users haven't had access to for the past few months maybe?

Post Count
    All of your conspiracy theories make me lol.

Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    All of your conspiracy theories make me lol.

Making light of another's misfortune is no laughing matter.....

Oh wait, yes it is.

Voted 2014 People's choice "Best Recruiter" on Kakao.
    It's never too late to be a Molly,
    Interview Today!!!! 393025085

Pecs in effect. I know you hatin'.

Post Count
    I like Dippy's new avatar.

Post Count
    I don't. Google Images has failed me. Can't believe no one has done a proper pony-spoof of the Sons of Anarchy logo yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Post Count
    "A massive increase in the cost of business" is one way of looking at it. But considering Apple Base themselves in Luxembourg to avoid vast sums of corporation tax, I think it is a little too far to have any sympathy for them having to hire a few extra accountants!

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Frankly the uproar is moronic. Other app developers have done a better job linking apple and google responses to eu/Europe new vat tax for app purchases plus currency changes. The European tax changes have been planned for a long time. Why didn't you complain when it was being legislated?

US and Asia do not tax app purchases. If u got a problem with that take it up with your countries. As for Canada and Russia all currency issues

The big difference is how apple and google apply the increases. Each is applying it differently and app developers will have to determine how to balance that out mindful that neither apple or google will allow the true purchase price to undercut the other.

In essence from what I understand apple charges upfront. Google assess buyer at purchase. There will be differences not sure how minor/major.
    Last edited by cooch; 01-09-2015 at 03:41 PM.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzanic View Post
    "A massive increase in the cost of business" is one way of looking at it. But considering Apple Base themselves in Luxembourg to avoid vast sums of corporation tax, I think it is a little too far to have any sympathy for them having to hire a few extra accountants!
    I don't. The fall-out is on the spenders here though.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Post Count
    European tax changes have been planned for a long time. Why didn't you complain when it was being legislated?

US and Asia do not tax app purchases. If u got a problem with that take it up with your countries. As for Canada and Russia all currency issues.
    ^this. Is it really that hard to understand?

Lesson learned, folks. All this could have been avoided if you were fortunate enough to be born Merican. We really are the tits.

Voted 2014 People's choice "Best Recruiter" on Kakao.
    It's never too late to be a Molly,
    Interview Today!!!! 393025085

Pecs in effect. I know you hatin'.

Banned
    Post Count
    This change is across apple app world so it forces players to choose between app games. This is not only game app hearing the cries of outrage.

As USD continues it's climb vs other currencies expect more apple and google adjustments. Although apple has built in a profit with this increase in anticipation of further increases. Apple just announced expecting $25 B in app sales this year and strongest start in app sas sales ever so far.

Take it up with apple. When one or both distributors ratchet up their prices both players and suppliers dependent on distributor get squeezed. Is what it is
    Yeah, it takes tons of money, resources, man hours and careful planning to physically manufacture each vault of gold. It isnt like gree could keep the pricing the same and make each vault 2500 gold or something.