Price of Gold Increase on iOS

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Price of Gold Increase on iOS

Articulate Author
    Post Count

Price of Gold Increase on iOS

Well, the price of gold went up for European and Canadian players today on IOS . I've heard it's gone up by as much as 50% in some places.

Believe it was an Apple issue and not GREE (for a change).

I'm in the UK, and £92 for a vault is frankly ridiculous. 115 Euros in other member states.

GREE, you need to act - this will be the death knell for your games if a large ratio of your paying customers are priced out by this insane increase.
    Last edited by Blaggard; 01-08-2015 at 01:52 PM.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Well I thought the standard were to expensive and only bought on a gold sale this is just stupid

Main Game
    Knights & Dragons
    Post Count
    You can find the reason for this increase ->Here<-.

I will be closing all topics that are the same and directing them to the post about the increase. Thanks for understanding.

Second star to the right and straight on til morning
    Post Count
    Hi everyone,

This post will remain open if you'd like to discuss the price increase, but as legalious has stated, we will be closing any other general inquiries about Apple's price increase so as to avoid confusion or multiple posts about the same topic.

Main Game
    Knights & Dragons
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    Do you realize you are directing discussion of this topic to a locked thread?
    Yea and this one remains open.

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Will gree be making adjustments to compensate for the matter?
    You face to lose a massive chunk of your Non-USA market if you don't act swiftly

*Silent Assassins are Recruiting*
    SAS1: 500k+T1+Full Streaks+Undefeated Last War
    SASII: 275k+T3&4+Full Streaks+Undefeated Last War
    SASIII: 125K+T10+Wins
    SAS4: T50

We have a spot for almost every type of player out there

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    I have iOS and droid. So for the moment I can still purchase off the play store for a cheaper price. Possibly anyone who has a PC could install bluestacks, link their account and purchase cheaper. I think.

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    I play a game based on a popular animated television series. That game is not unlike Gree games in the sense that you build a town and can earn or buy various in game currencies. Coincidentally, this other game is also developed by a company that operates out of San Francisco.

The costs of in app purchases in that game are unchanged.

Given that the price changes were implemented by Apple and affect all products available in the App Store, prices that are unchanged lead me to believe developers do maintain a great deal of control over the cost of in app purchases.

So the price change is on Apple, but if Gree simply does nothing about it that decision is on them. Choosing to do nothing is still a choice.

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Sounds like a rush song

Post Count

The price of cash just went up in Europe

Wtf Gree??????

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Weasel, I'm thinking you'll see increases in other games in the next day, all the articles I've read imply the change is across the board. I think we should all give the industry a few days to react to this before crucifying Gree specifically yet.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by HellRaizer View Post
    I have iOS and droid. So for the moment I can still purchase off the play store for a cheaper price. Possibly anyone who has a PC could install bluestacks, link their account and purchase cheaper. I think.
    i think this is prob the best solution, Gree said in there post there base price hasnt changed and remains the same, so highly unlikely they will do anything about it, and any lower price adjustment on there end would mean they would have to fire there private chefs and in-house masseuses they wont give that up for nothing

Post Count
    You've gotta do something about this Gree otherwise the game will be dead within 6 months.

I'm in a lot of communal chat rooms on many different chat apps and i've seen the same message being said by an unbelievable amount of players over the last few hours....

"Once my gold stash has gone I'm quitting the game"

You're going to see active gold spending accounts disappear over the next few months if you don't do something about this now.

I seriously fear for the future of this game.....

and whilst prices are going up you also go and change the box event prizes in the last 24 hours of the event, change it to a 5 day war and release an LTQ for only level 250 players! Both need to be reverted back immediately and the LTQ available for everyone.

You certainly win a gold medal for making your community extremely angry.

Very bad day in the world of Gree.
    CC History

Financial District Fallout >FC's unbeaten reign came to an end in a fair fight against SAS on 18/11/13.

We Be Clubbin' District >Fight Club won its 14th district in a row and retired as the greatest syndicate in CC.

Nightlife District Knockout >Lights Out took 1st place from SAS by a mere 47,644 points.

Bay Harbor Beach Brawl >1st. TAW - 128m, 2nd. SAS - 122m, 3rd. SC - 40m

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by The Billionaire View Post
    You've gotta do something about this Gree otherwise the game will be dead within 6 months.

I'm in a lot of communal chat rooms on many different chat apps and i've seen the same message being said by an unbelievable amount of players over the last few hours....

You're going to see active gold spending accounts disappear over the next few months if you don't do something about this now.

and whilst prices are going up you also go and change the box event prizes in the last 24 hours of the event, change it to a 5 day war and release an LTQ for only level 250 players! Both need to be reverted back immediately and the LTQ available for everyone.

Well said, mate. Indeed the end may be near. Happy gaming.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by The Billionaire View Post

Also people only have 12 days to complete the LTB.