Thread: Wtf has happened to gold prices

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Another nail in this MW coffin.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by smbass77 View Post
    right, and the Euro is 45-47% more valuable than the US dollar. So it sounds like GREE evened the playing field now. No more big discounts to Europeans.
    You clearly don't know how exchange rates work do you ?

To do the maths for you a vault in UK used to be £69.99 (which is $105), now it is £92 ($140).

Where were these big discounts ? lol

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by crazeejay View Post
    If this isn't a wake up call for all you gold spending addicts, there's no helping you now.......LOL
    LOL

I'll lay you 15 to 1, well, you know. LOO
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeny1 View Post
    Droid is still the same at the moment, so buy it on droid. But this could be the end of the road for Gree games with these prices. Less people buying for poor service, lots will go gold free and it will die

Oh, if only (INSERT DEITY OF CHOICE) attends to your sweet words of wisdom.
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Second star to the right and straight on til morning
    Post Count
    Hi everyone,

For more information regarding the recent price increase for players in the EU/Canada region, please refer to this post

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    If that is the case and apple have implemented the change GREE have a choice to offer the effected countries players more gold for the money to level the playing field or reduce price to reflect the changes.
    It's that or risk losing a considerable proportion of its paying customers.
    I can only talk from my experience,the faction I'm in is consistently top5/10 and has players from many countries.
    Every member who is effected and spoke on chat about it refuses to continue buying gold at this rate,I'd expect a lot more to follow suit from many factions.
    Gold free or delete game is the general opinion right now...
    If enough go gold free everyone need not spend so much,think on GREE this is potentially a Game And Revenue Killer....

Verbose Veteran Captain Steelman's Avatar
    Post Count
    Over the years there has been voices calling for a boycott of the game for different reasons... They have always failed and Gree most likely just laughed about it... But now I have a feeling Gree will experience the force of a gold boycott... But this is just my 0.02 USD

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Steelman View Post
    Over the years there has been voices calling for a boycott of the game for different reasons... They have always failed and Gree most likely just laughed about it... But now I have a feeling Gree will experience the force of a gold boycott... But this is just my 0.02 USD
    Or my 0.03 GBP
    But as I thread in another thread::
    I have iOS and droid. So for the moment I can still purchase off the play store for a cheaper price. Possibly anyone who has a PC could install bluestacks, link their account and purchase cheaper. I think.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Apple is apparently changing the way they pay/collect the VAT. Are the countries that are seeing a huge increase subject to a VAT. Here in USA we are not. There does not appear to be a substantial difference in the exchange rates between the Euro and the US dollar.

But in the US we are charged a sales tax on purchases so a 99.99 vault really costs around 110 after taxes. This may be off for some depending on the state in which they reside.

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Vercingetorix View Post
    Apple is apparently changing the way they pay/collect the VAT. Are the countries that are seeing a huge increase subject to a VAT. Here in USA we are not. There does not appear to be a substantial difference in the exchange rates between the Euro and the US dollar.

But in the US we are charged a sales tax on purchases so a 99.99 vault really costs around 110 after taxes. This may be off for some depending on the state in which they reside.
    they charge taxes to everyone
    same in Canada, I pay for a vault $99.99, plus Taxes, so cost is similar to the USA $110, now they are charging $119.99 PLUS TAX.............so a vault will actually cost $132