DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Well, this is boring.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Torgue View Post
    * Inappropriate and excessive use of commas

* "too much"

* Only one full stop at the end of the sentence

In summary, these kind of posts are exactly the reason why the Grammar Nazi needs to be brought back.
    These kinds of posts are why you need taken away

Post Count
    If John Locke et al find it so amusing why not make all these posts in off topic , or is it not so good in that section where you won`t get an audience ? The only people who enjoy the Trolls seem to be the other Trolls so how about a section just for them maybe that would make their lives a little more worthwhile and feed them some attention Like a bunch of kids showing off , or should I say one or two kids with multiple accounts/personalities showing off . Really quite sad and pathetic .
    GroupMe ID: 9323964

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Torgue View Post
    * Inappropriate and excessive use of commas

* "too much"

* Only one full stop at the end of the sentence

In summary, these kind of posts are exactly the reason why the Grammar Nazi needs to be brought back.
    What about the non-use of the space bar to separate words after commas?

As for the multiple full stops, sometimes that's to leave a point hanging in the air, so to speak...
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by smokey77 View Post
    If John Locke et al find it so amusing why not make all these posts in off topic , or is it not so good in that section where you won`t get an audience ? The only people who enjoy the Trolls seem to be the other Trolls so how about a section just for them maybe that would make their lives a little more worthwhile and feed them some attention Like a bunch of kids showing off , or should I say one or two kids with multiple accounts/personalities showing off . Really quite sad and pathetic .
    OP makes a valid point, much more than can be said for your post. If you truly feel as if kids are the ones annoying you on here then you should easily be able to ignore them, not call them sad and pathetic. How pathetic is that?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by HavingFun View Post
    OP makes a valid point, much more than can be said for your post. If you truly feel as if kids are the ones annoying you on here then you should easily be able to ignore them, not call them sad and pathetic. How pathetic is that?
    Its not that easy to ignore someone who makes 120 a posts a day , or adds 3 or 4 pages to threads you are trying to follow for information . I stand by what I said , it is sad and pathetic attention seeking , but hey you seem to enjoy it so each to their own I guess

Lurker
    Post Count
    Grammar is essential to the American lexicon. It's all about having fun. Some of you take this forum entirely too serious.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    As an avid observer, I had no qualms with a person aiding in grammatical corrections. However the pedantic nature of the corrections and the number of them were derailing the threads. This issues could have been taken off topic in a separate thread and discussed with those who wanted to listen. We must also remember that for many, English is not their first language, and as such, they may interpret these bombardments as personal attacks.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Its not that easy to ignore someone who makes 120 a posts a day , or adds 3 or 4 pages to threads you are trying to follow for information . I stand by what I said , it is sad and pathetic attention seeking , but hey you seem to enjoy it so each to their own I guess
    Overuse of smiley faces makes you come off as passive-aggressive. Not a problem, just an observation.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by HavingFun View Post
    Overuse of smiley faces makes you come off as passive-aggressive. Not a problem, just an observation.
    Stupid statements make you come across as stupid . Just another observation there . Have a nice day

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Santoro View Post
    Grammar is essential to the American lexicon. It's all about having fun. Some of you take this forum entirely too serious.
    .... and "just" the American? When was the last time you looked at a globe!

Quote Originally Posted by HellRaizer View Post
    As an avid observer, I had no qualms with a person aiding in grammatical corrections. However the pedantic nature of the corrections and the number of them were derailing the threads. This issues could have been taken off topic in a separate thread and discussed with those who wanted to listen. We must also remember that for many, English is not their first language, and as such, they may interpret these bombardments as personal attacks.
    Can't agree. The pedantic nature was part of the humour, as was correcting the inevitable mistakes made by the Grammar Nazi.

As many have said, it was far more entertaining than the whining about the LTB. That will come; in the meantime just upgrade some others or build up your cash reserves (or both)

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    This game is old enough that most essential information has been available for years. Really the only bits everybody is looking for now are where the accomplices rewards are in each event.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sister morphine View Post
    This game is old enough that most essential information has been available for years. Really the only bits everybody is looking for now are where the accomplices rewards are in each event.
    I realise most essential information is available , but at the moment there are things like accomplices like you say , and also info about LTB`s that some people would like to have more info about . I like to have a laugh on here too but I don`t see how someone posting 120 times in less than 24 hours clogging up threads really helps anyone .

Lurker
    Post Count
    Globe? I'm American. Why would I have a globe?

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    I realise most essential information is available , but at the moment there are things like accomplices like you say , and also info about LTB`s that some people would like to have more info about . I like to have a laugh on here too but I don`t see how someone posting 120 times in less than 24 hours clogging up threads really helps anyone .
    I agree. Humor is fine, but this reminds me of a phrase my grandma used to say, "Slapping 'er in the face with it doesn't make 'er want it."
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    You're not playing the game anymore, son. The game is playing you, and not only is it winning, it's kicking your ass.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Some forums have an "ignore this user" function. Whether that's available as an (unused) option here who can say; perhaps it should be?

As for LTBs, they all seem to have identical upgrade times now. Costs should be easy to calculate from the formula for Type A and Type B buildings. After that, it's the old "if you have to ask the price, you can't afford it" thing!