GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dev Notes: Week of January 5, 2015

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Same here. I still cant change my eq. And Yes, i send a ticket to CS. I get The "Issue will be fixed soon, ticket closed" Answer as Usual.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by RhythmNBruise View Post
    There was a server problem that was causing weird saving errors, which were the cause of both the "disappearing equipment" problem and the "can't change my equipment" problem.

We implemented and tested a fix for this late last week, and have pushed it to the servers. We're working on a script to restore all the lost items as well, although that's going to take a bit longer. (Unfortunately, I seem to have given my plague to the person who normally does all the scripting!)
    Same here... sent tickets... all closed... no solution... but Gree asks for feedback LOL

Articulate Author
    Post Count

Bring back epic boss

The title says it all. But I'm still going to say more. After years of effort and money, I finally got the point that I could beat the boss. I only got to do it twice. Then it was removed. It's one of our team's favorite events. And no don't make it ridiculously harder. A growth rate in line with the average player's stats makes sense to me. Setting it up to be in line with the top 1% of players does not make sense to me. Trying to squeeze more money out of your top 1%-5% players (who are already spending a fortune) while discouraging sales to the other 95% because it's so far out of reach its not even considered seems quite ridiculous. And no I'm not one of the top spenders - not by a long shot. I'm a moderate to above average spender. But, I'll go free if the price exceeds what I'm willing to pay as will other moderates.
    A strange game! The only winning move is not to play.—War Games (1983)

It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Man is free at the moment he wishes to be.—Voltaire

Our freedom can be measured by the number of things we can walk away from.—Vernon Howard

The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any.—Alice Walker

To complain is nonacceptance of what is...change it, leave it, or accept it. All else is madness.—Eckhart Tolle

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    And please, Please, PLEASE get your customer service department tuned up. As Atego and Samtex666 mention, it's a joke. Most often you get a response that answers a question you didn't even ask or speaks to an issue you weren't raising. It's like the people themselves are robots and will choose a pre-scripted answer based on a keyword in the ticket. For example if I'm mentioning the game freezes when I try to revenge attack someone in my news feed. I'll get a scripted response telling me how equipment works. Real example btw.

How can you expect to learn of issues from customer service tickets when so many are miscategorized? The real issue or severity never makes it to a devs desk. And most members don't come to the forum to raise issues. They file a ticket (or don't because they think it's pointless). Then they get frustrated at the response, or lack thereof. If you think the CS complaints in the forums is rough, you'd blush at the things said in our communication apps (Groupme, Line etc.)
    Last edited by CC1; 01-13-2015 at 04:33 AM.
    A strange game! The only winning move is not to play.—War Games (1983)

It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Man is free at the moment he wishes to be.—Voltaire

Our freedom can be measured by the number of things we can walk away from.—Vernon Howard

The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any.—Alice Walker

To complain is nonacceptance of what is...change it, leave it, or accept it. All else is madness.—Eckhart Tolle

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    The honest truth is that the EB health was set up in a way where it could only get so big on the back end. Now the EBs need to have more health to stay interesting and fun for top-level players, so we retired the event for a little bit to see if we needed to overhaul it or just make the numbers bigger. (Right now it looks like we're going to go with "make the numbers bigger and bring it back as-is for now, and continue to think about an overhaul for later.")

We're actually kind of surprised by how many people have said that they miss this event! It doesn't generally see a whole lot of participation, and it's a lot of work for us in terms of how much data it takes to make it run, so we were thinking about not bringing it back until we could overhaul it to make it simpler for us to set up, but we'll probably bring it back as-is if you guys want it.
    Wow, it finally got fun and reachable to be able to try to finish it and now it's gone. Epic Boss had become part of the game that I looked forward to play.

So when it comes back after the overhaul, it will again be impossible to finish...again.

Banned
    Post Count
    Anybody at CS looking at lost accounts?... Tried linking back to tablet after WD ended in order not to waste data on cell plan, instead got Welcome page with lvl 1 start, got to Lvl 2, named it "Give back my game", sent ticket [Your request (#2191463)] - now on both, Android and iOS got 2 lvl 2 players after linking, getting notifications of being attacked/raided, but player is gone...

Your request (#2191463) - not even generic response, and the sticky thread looks kinda abandoned in 'Announcements' section, nerdyGirl's last post was almost 3 weeks ago, is she gone?...

-_-

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    U mean u r goong to make epic boss harder so people have to spend more to defeat it ,
    Just like every ltq , Lesson the ltqs and bring a different event. ,
    Ltqs are so dated and boring

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    There was a server problem that was causing weird saving errors, which were the cause of both the "disappearing equipment" problem and the "can't change my equipment" problem.

We implemented and tested a fix for this late last week, and have pushed it to the servers. We're working on a script to restore all the lost items as well, although that's going to take a bit longer. (Unfortunately, I seem to have given my plague to the person who normally does all the scripting!)
    This one is a lie!!! I got an answer from Gree support with a few items as compensation....

(2) - 5.56mm Assault Rifle
    (3) - Brown Stealth Boots

(2) - Radar Watch
    (7) - Stamina

Woooow 7 Stamina.... I am missing much more items than those you gave us!!! And used gold to get them!!!

So I ask if we get the items back, that we lost???

I get another answer:

"Greetings Sam,
    Thank you for writing in.
    I do apologize for inconvenience but we are unable to compensate you any more for this issue as we have compensated the same for all players."

So the lost items are lost forever?!?!?!
    No script to solve the issue???

THANKS I'm done with buying gold!

Banned
    Post Count
    Hrm, that's weird. Do you have a ticket open with CS?
    Here's a ticket (#2209824) about not being able to change equipment - AND I STILL CAN'T - however accoring to your CS response:

"We have addressed and corrected the issue where it was not possible to make changes to your Soldier equipment"
    Its just signed, Regards R, so I have no idea who that is.

As everyone else seems to be getting compensation of rifles, boots and watches watches I'd like the same or just roll them out to those who haven't yet got them or had a ticket dismissed.

I'll await your rseponse.