Dev Notes: Week of January 5, 2015

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dev Notes: Week of January 5, 2015

Development Team
    Post Count

Dev Notes: Week of January 5, 2015

Note: I'm sorry these are so late this week - as noted below, I've had a sinus infection of the sort that makes it feel like I've been sleeping on a concrete pillow, complete with toothache. Hope y'all had a nice winter-holiday-of-choice!

This Week

This week we're working on issues that came up over the holidays - including reports of disappearing items/stat drops, problems when equipping items and others. (It can be very hard to tell from CS tickets whether we're seeing delayed reactions to a one-time problem or an ongoing issue, especially if it's not really high volume, so please try to let us know as soon as you see a problem, and give us a rough time-frame of when you noticed and what you'd been doing.)

Coming Up

We're working on some interesting features building on Hero Equip, but those are going to be a while. In the near term, our top priorities getting events running smoothly and fixing issues.

How's It Work: Help Me Out

I'm sorry, y'all, I've had a sinus infection for a week and my brains are made of cottage cheese. What would you like to know about how things work around here?

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    We would ALL like to know why the Epic Boss has been missing for two cycles now??
    Are you guys working on an EB Revamp like it was done in KA???
    and Please give us the hard truth.........example: EB not generating revenues, so we need to adjust to make revenues

Cheers

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by RhythmNBruise View Post

This week we're working on issues that came up ... so please try to let us know as soon as you see a problem, and give us a rough time-frame of when you noticed and what you'd been doing.)
    If I were you, I'd try to tell to your CS to READ what players write, instead of giving them a no-sense answer, closing the ticket.

Also I'd like to know what is your team doing to reduce all the crashes that are afflicting a lot of users.

Thank you, Sir.

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Note: I'm sorry these are so late this week - as noted below, I've had a sinus infection of the sort that makes it feel like I've been sleeping on a concrete pillow, complete with toothache. Hope y'all had a nice winter-holiday-of-choice!

This Week

This week we're working on issues that came up over the holidays - including reports of disappearing items/stat drops, problems when equipping items and others. (It can be very hard to tell from CS tickets whether we're seeing delayed reactions to a one-time problem or an ongoing issue, especially if it's not really high volume, so please try to let us know as soon as you see a problem, and give us a rough time-frame of when you noticed and what you'd been doing.)

Coming Up

We're working on some interesting features building on Hero Equip, but those are going to be a while. In the near term, our top priorities getting events running smoothly and fixing issues.

I'm sorry, y'all, I've had a sinus infection for a week and my brains are made of cottage cheese. What would you like to know about how things work around here?
    Get well soon!

Devs should read this Thread and C O M M U N I C A T E with us asap.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Atego View Post
    Get well soon!

Devs should read this Thread and C O M M U N I C A T E with us asap.
    What he said! Please read that thread and give us an acknowledgement that you are aware of each issue and the status of the fix for it. This is about a month over due and very very much needed.

Articulate Author Paisthecoolest's Avatar
    Post Count
    Are there any plans to increase the rank above Apollo ops, the level beyond 300, or adding any new units for purchase with cash or valor?
    Health Regeneration: -30% (7/7)
    Ground Attack: 35% (7/7) Ground Defense: 35% (7/7)
    Air Attack: 35% (7/7) Air Defense: 35% (7/7)
    Infantry Attack: 35% (7/7) Infantry Defense: 35% (7/7)
    Sea Attack: 35% (7/7) Sea Defense: 30% (7/7)
    Building Output: 35% (7/7) Building Defense: 35% (7/7)
    Guild +40 (20/20) Old Skool Pigs: 156958010

Post Count
    Coming Up

Thanks for the updates. That sinus infection thing sucks - and seems to linger forever!

On to business.
    On one hand, I sincerely hope you guys get the bugs worked out before you even start considering any more new features. We are losing teammates left and right here due to the various ongoing issues.
    On the other hand, I sincerely hope you add equipment to the store soon. Having LTQs be the only way to acquire equipment, and having back to back to back to back LTQs running, while also making every piece of equipment basically an essential requisite to continued gameplay, we are losing teammates left and right to burnout.
    Navy SEALs (Warring Since Brazil): 133-849-473
    Militia SEALs 361-119-847

Join Today: https://groupme.com/join_group/9814509/FAHfEU
    You are not out of the fight!
    Courage - Loyalty - Honor

Post Count
    Where is epic boss. Would like the truth. Also, what are the percentages on the free and cash options on crate events?

Development Team
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by truthteller View Post
    We would ALL like to know why the Epic Boss has been missing for two cycles now??
    Are you guys working on an EB Revamp like it was done in KA???
    and Please give us the hard truth.........example: EB not generating revenues, so we need to adjust to make revenues

Cheers
    The honest truth is that the EB health was set up in a way where it could only get so big on the back end. Now the EBs need to have more health to stay interesting and fun for top-level players, so we retired the event for a little bit to see if we needed to overhaul it or just make the numbers bigger. (Right now it looks like we're going to go with "make the numbers bigger and bring it back as-is for now, and continue to think about an overhaul for later.")

We're actually kind of surprised by how many people have said that they miss this event! It doesn't generally see a whole lot of participation, and it's a lot of work for us in terms of how much data it takes to make it run, so we were thinking about not bringing it back until we could overhaul it to make it simpler for us to set up, but we'll probably bring it back as-is if you guys want it.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Yes as is, would be great

Post Count
    Yes, bring it back as is. I really do enjoy the event. Also, what about my crate question? what are the percentages on the free and cash options on crate events?

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Not a fan of the epic boss. I'd just like all the bugs worked out so things will work and run smoother.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    E
    The honest truth is that the EB health was set up in a way where it could only get so big on the back end. Now the EBs need to have more health to stay interesting and fun for top-level players, so we retired the event for a little bit to see if we needed to overhaul it or just make the numbers bigger. (Right now it looks like we're going to go with "make the numbers bigger and bring it back as-is for now, and continue to think about an overhaul for later.")

We're actually kind of surprised by how many people have said that they miss this event! It doesn't generally see a whole lot of participation, and it's a lot of work for us in terms of how much data it takes to make it run, so we were thinking about not bringing it back until we could overhaul it to make it simpler for us to set up, but we'll probably bring it back as-is if you guys want it.
    With all of the temp attack bonuses , I was actually starting to get half way through the epic boss event. Would you consider lowering the cost of the cash attack ?? This top players still can kill level 100 for free and maybe some lower players would have a chance too with out cleaning out their vault

Post Count
    Is there any way to include the number of each piece of equipment owned in the "Soldier Equip"? At present there is no way of knowing how many pieces of each we actually own.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharky259 View Post
    Is there any way to include the number of each piece of equipment owned in the "Soldier Equip"? At present there is no way of knowing how many pieces of each we actually own.
    Also could be an idea to list our army equipment attack/defence stats as we can see our soldier.