Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Heroic armor - why this strength?

I'm just wondering -- maybe (yeah, I may be in a dream state of my mind ) someone of Gree could elaborate on this.

Heroic plus armor is even stronger than the latest epic armor - why is that? Wouldn't it be more balanced (and better for Gree) if plus armor is maximum or even a little bit less strong than the latest armor available from chests?

For me as someone who occasionally invests into chests, it is frustrating that even epic+ armor I got out from a chest lately will most probably turned into an outdated one with the next heroic event, just a few weeks after I 'purchased' it.

But even more importantly, I don't get the logic behind it. Yeah, I should be happy as this game already is 'pay to win' enough and that we can now grind armor that is better than paid-for armor, but if Gree would like to make the game fairer, shouldn't they focus on the war event point calculation and other aspects rather than this one, firing up the inflation of armor stats more than it already is with the countless epics that are released every month?
    Not begging anyone to 'join my guild' since like ...ever.

Well, yes the heroc armor is strong, but it is not stronger than the new dual element epics. U might not know this yet, but a dual element epic gets double bonuses while a mono only gets a single bonus, therefore making it a bit weaker.

Thanks my friend, I know about elemental bonuses.

Even though, I stand corrected - I compared the Crystal Wingguard stats with the wrong mono-air armor, one that has alraeady been surpassed by 2 other mono-air epics. In so far, the assumptions of my post are incorrect (can be deleted if deemed a good idea). Sorry for the confusion.

You seem you have a lot of issues with this game. That's all I see you write about is some form of complaint. I must ask, why are you playing?
    Gordo
    Cafe Noir HC

I allow myself to question what doesn't make sense to me.
    If I feel that I've been wrong, I admit it - see above.
    Acceptable for you?

If I wouldn't like the game, I would just uninstall it and forget about it. I've done it with many.
    If I like something though, I put a lot of thought into it and engage myself for improving what I think can be done better. Everyone is invited to come up with better arguments ('just accept it or go' is not a rational argument).

cheers, r.

I kind of agree that the heroic ones are a bit too strong as they are "free"
    Maybe the timespan of heroic should be shortened even more so it's not that easy to collect crystals for + in time?

I disagree. While I understand your point rookey1, you also have to look at it from a different point of view. Gree stated they are offering the heroics because people requested a means to obtain an epic without spending a bunch of gems (see ADA). Gree responded to the request by offering heroic mode and has given us 28 days to complete it. For those that already have "decent" epics, yes we can obtain it quickly and it does match/exceed some of the current epics. However, for many the ability to obtain the + version is still unobtainable or it takes them the full 28 days. During that time frame 4 wars (weekends) have passed and Gree has released 4 new epics for the wars and typically opened up 4 new epics through chests. Therefore 8 new epics have been potentially released potentially limiting the use of said heroic. Also, durign that time span Gree has typically opened 3-4 new fusible epics which could be strong against the current heroic offering. Also, with Gree following their once typical the next armor is strong against the previous (water, then air, earth should be next, then spirit, then fire) the heroic is destroyed the next round.

IMO, I like the heroic and heroic+, and I don't think they are too strong. Again, just an opinion.

Heroic armors are pretty much comparable to the tier 5 and 6 armors...... that means the normal versions. The plus versions are more powerful than anything that can be fused at the moment (this might change once we get to the Earth element). My understanding of this is so f2p players will have a "Chance" at earning a powerful epic armor.

At least shorten the timespan for heroic two 2 weeks. Will still be easy obtainable for those who really spend much time playing this game without using gems - it's for those heroic is intented is it not?

And as for low levels, i don't think its supposed to be easy getting a +epic if your not at least lvl100 and have a good selection of eb+ armors, if it would, then it's all upside down.

Quote Originally Posted by nasstor View Post
    At least shorten the timespan for heroic two 2 weeks.
    Hell no, there are still people that live in other part of the world and have a job.

I agree with your take, dpalbldelf. Totally understandable that way.
    Regarding a further reduction of the timespan to collect the crystals for a plus version I also tend to agree - it would make it impossible for many players to have a realistic chance of obtaining them. That may or may not be a good idea, it looks like Gree already decided that most players should have a chance to get the plus with enough efforts. I even find myself agreeing with MisterT! What is happening? ^^

But, for those that do not wish to spend a whole bunch of gems OR a whole lot of time, there is the option of fusing epics.
    For a new epic+ with "amazing" stats however that does NOT require gems, I still believe that a whole lot of time should have to be invested by the player.

For those that does not put lots of time into the game, the heroic version should be enough to get crystals for in two weeks right?

London, England, the UK -'Capital of the World' ;-)

Plus costs you TIME!

To get the plus version, cost you TIME & not a little planning. It takes many in our Guild the whole 25 or 28 days to get it & then ages to max it. Balance is about right.

If everyone is supposed to get it in time, even those who does not play that much, why does it even exist?

Who's getting the plus that doesn't play much? Everyone who wants the epic plus is playing much until they get it or until time runs out......