Last Box Event - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Last Box Event

Post Count
    We still don't have a mod or admin connected to our forum at the moment.sometimes a dev answer a question when they have time.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Hello Kingdom Age Players

I would like to address this last box event. As you are all aware we made a mistake on a bonus for the latest box event.

I would like to apologize for this miscommunication to the players during this event. Unfortunately there is no way we can give our players a 15% bonus to conquest points as a permanent bonus because it would break competition in the game.

What we can do is change the bonus to the largest permanent conquest bonus we give out, which is a 5% bonus to conquest points, as well as refund one third of the gems the affected players spent on this event.

We do want to fix our mistake and try to give our players a valuable bonus while still keeping the game balance intact. We will be changing the item and refunding the affected players gems today. I will update this post when the work has been completed.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Waffle king whilst I appreciate the fact that you admit an error has been made and you are attempting to come up with a solution 1/3 gem refund is a joke the prize advertised was so good it made this one of the most highly contested box events I can remember and I know I wouldn't have spent a fraction of the amount I did if the prize had been a 5% permanent boost as you suggest.... I think at the very least you should refund 2/3 of people's gem spend on the event !!

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Also will you be refunding those who spent on the limited weekly item where exact same mis advertising was used????

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by grantsmith1 View Post
    Waffle king whilst I appreciate the fact that you admit an error has been made and you are attempting to come up with a solution 1/3 gem refund is a joke the prize advertised was so good it made this one of the most highly contested box events I can remember and I know I wouldn't have spent a fraction of the amount I did if the prize had been a 5% permanent boost as you suggest.... I think at the very least you should refund 2/3 of people's gem spend on the event !!
    EDITED:

I agree. Either make the prize 10% or the refund 2/3. For the life of me, I can't understand why would you want to leave the bad taste in the mouths of your customers... you do realize that it is not a "real" cost for you, right? The money has already been sunk. There is no additional overhead to give them the 2/3 back and it won't hurt your bottom line in the slightest.

Only in the greedom does 1/3+1/3 = 1.
    Last edited by SenorSwamp; 01-08-2015 at 02:05 PM.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    It says one third of the gems.

Thx waffleking, but I agree with Grant, it should be 2/3. I wouldn't have spent that crazy either if it was only a 5% bonus.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    And I don't really believe you can't give away 15% cp bonus. You just had a total of 14% on epic boss and the daily quests.

Post Count
    It is never our intention to leave you unsatisfied, and we are truly attempting to make good on this mistake. While a 14% boost towards an epic boss and a 15% boost towards conquests may seem comparable, these two bonuses are actually not on par with each other as the two events work completely differently. Please trust us when we say that a permanent 15% boost to conquest would have been game-breaking. This is why it was intended as a temporary bonus only.

As for returning 1/3 of the gems spent on the event, this prize item has value due to 3 factors: its attack stats, its defense stats, and its bonus. In this instance only one of those three factors is being affected, thus the 1/3 of the gems spent returned.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by grantsmith1 View Post
    Also will you be refunding those who spent on the limited weekly item where exact same mis advertising was used????

Grant, please contact Support about the LE items. They are handling that confusion separately.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Hello Kingdom Age Players

We have changed the item to a permanent 5% conquest points bonus as well as refunded 1/3 of the affected players gems. If you are still having issues please contact CS and we will resolve any problems you still have regarding the affected item.

Consistent Contributor [JAG] Ryan's Avatar
    Post Count
    Hi QueenPin and Waffleking

many thanks for the fast response and reaction.

However i have to agree with the previous posters (Grant and Vixia). The least you can do is to refund 2/3 of the gems AND Potions used. The 15% Conquest Attack boost was such a good reward that many players have spend a lot of time, gems and potions on that event. I also cant remember a box event being ever so high in the T50's since years.

I understand that you need to keep a certain balance and therefore dont want to give out such a reward and want to reduce the boost to 5% to keep that balance, but the least you could do is refund 2/3 of the gems and potions used as even that still doesnt come close to the reason why people did what they did. As Grant said, a 5% CP boost wouldnt had him and others involved that much in this box event, hence they would have spend far less if at all.

The 3 factors thing you mentioned QueenPin isnt really counting here as any unit with stats counts towards 2 factors since this game started and since you devalued those 2 factors by adding 4 in addition the value of that increase is even less worth.

Anyways i appreciate once again your fast reaction but hope that you consider a bit more realistic correction of your mistake which as someone said above doesnt really hurt you and would make your community happier.

Thanks in Advance
    Ryan
    Fun in Black

Allways looking for good and active players.
    Add me on Kakao. My id is RyanJAG

Post Count
    I'd like to believe the change was out of common decency, but knowing Gree it was more likely out of pressure from the community to report the issue to Apple, or pressure from Apple after enough people filed complaints.

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by QueenPin View Post
    It is never our intention to leave you unsatisfied, and we are truly attempting to make good on this mistake. While a 14% boost towards an epic boss and a 15% boost towards conquests may seem comparable, these two bonuses are actually not on par with each other as the two events work completely differently. Please trust us when we say that a permanent 15% boost to conquest would have been game-breaking. This is why it was intended as a temporary bonus only.

As for returning 1/3 of the gems spent on the event, this prize item has value due to 3 factors: its attack stats, its defense stats, and its bonus. In this instance only one of those three factors is being affected, thus the 1/3 of the gems spent returned.

sorry queen, but you should be very aware that ATK and DEF are irrelevant in this equation, you all at gree know that the only reason players spent the gems they did was solely for the bonus factor, specially knowing that the top 50 plAyers stats are probably all above 2 billion in stats, so the unit stats on the prize are worthless for them, only the bonus matters

Also please do not try to justify what has no justification

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Thank you for the advice Queen Pin but I had indeed already sent a separate ticket to support regarding the limited time item and received a lovely cut and paste reply that explained that support "apologised for the miscommunication in the box event and that I would be given a 5% permanent bonus and 1/3 of my gems refunded" ... perhaps someone could teach them to actually READ the ticket before issuing a reply ... apparently I should now consider the matter closed !!! and you wonder why people in this game are pissed off. I have replied asking Carmen to re-read my original complaint but i fully expect to receive a second reply with exactly the same cut and paste answer to the wrong issue ..............................

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    perhaps i shouldn't really care considering yesterday the price rise on gems meant it went from £69.99 to £91.99 per mountain or in dollar terms approx. $105 up to $139 meaning it is highly unlikely i will be buying another gem ever in this game .........