Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Thread: Boosting

Quote Originally Posted by sporky123 View Post
    No offense but this has been going on since shortly after AP wars were created. Either you don't play or don't play much. There are numerous work arounds for nearly everything in the game. No amount of rules will fix the issues without someone being creative enough to come up with a work around... This is the reason websites like FindMyEnemy is successful. They expose tactics and tricks that fall within the realm of the rules of the game.
    I've been playing for 1 and a half years.

I normally see alts being farmed. However, I have not seen much of people's own alliance members dropping out to get hit, especially in the upper veteran worlds.

This alt thing needs sorting tbh.
    I was hit by someone 6-7 levels higher in BP event because they needed as much BP to compete with people doing this to extreme lengths, so IMO it needs to stop because if it starts forcing players to hit everything for BP, people are going to quit because they can't compete.

^^ That is a major issue. I normally always stay within the 5 level range but when there's no uv to be found and people are blatantly boosting bp, I don't really have a choice but to start hitting players 6 and (rarely) 7 levels below me (especially on a good report).

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsies View Post
    I've been playing for 1 and a half years.

I normally see alts being farmed. However, I have not seen much of people's own alliance members dropping out to get hit, especially in the upper veteran worlds.
    World 4. All the time.

Quote Originally Posted by -Unabomber- View Post
    ^^ That is a major issue. I normally always stay within the 5 level range but when there's no uv to be found and people are blatantly boosting bp, I don't really have a choice but to start hitting players 6 and (rarely) 7 levels below me (especially on a good report).
    Do you know what happens with those level 40's that play on occasion during AP events? They wipe out level 20's and 30's because they know they can't go up against regular 40's in top tier alliances.

that's a little exaggerated. There's a Bp and rebuild penalty for hitting any player over 5 levels lower than you. You get absolutely no Bp for hitting a player more than 10 levels lower than you. If you hit anyone more than 7 levels lower than you you're basically wasting your time. There's absolutely no way level 40 players (or 40-50) are hitting players in the level 20-30 range...

oh please, I have had people 7 levels higher hit over one million with their stronger commanders, on a HOMEBASE.
    the penalties are not exactly high, and I have seen far too many people hitting over 10 levels for resources.

Quote Originally Posted by phalanx1337 View Post
    oh please, I have had people 7 levels higher hit over one million with their stronger commanders, on a HOMEBASE.
    the penalties are not exactly high, and I have seen far too many people hitting over 10 levels for resources.
    Unfortunately Raiding is part of the game no matter what your level is but there is an easy way to help greatly reduce the amount of minerals your enemy can get from you whilst helping towards building for your LTQ's.

With regards players hitting levels lower than 7 below them, yes it happens and whilst players still get bp from attacking them, it will continue.

I would imagine the attacking players are looking for HQ's that have loads of troops in so would recommend those who stack their HQ's send troops away on a long journey across the map.

yes but the issue was the commander strength, I set up my units to defend rather then run. and on other servers I have bounced comms 10 levels higher, from people of similar strength, so it shouldn't actually be an issue.

and my gripe with the people raiding is that the player being raided still loses units.

Boosting on a large scale isnt done by hitting sister alliances, why would they, be a bit smarter about it

Say you have like 3 devices, a phone and some pads..not unusual
    you install WoN on all of them and start accounts to about level 35
    build units and send them to your main account grid op so that they hit right after start event
    your alts get a 80% rebuild and can send again
    your main gets the full xp and bp, with zero to almost no loss
    do it time after time and you will place very high in playerwars without spending

you just need a bit of timing, but Its not that hard

if another alliance would know about this, this alliance cant stop it, cause the rebuild on the low levels is too high, it would simply take too much time/effort

Pathetic huh, i agree, but it happens on a large scale in my world by a certain alliance
    Even the nr1 in player rankings does it
    Some just have different standards, values.

I will never understand it, because it not only ruins it for others, but also for yourself.

A win is in fact a loss, worthless

Gree should at least stop counting defence points towards war events.
    Only points from attacking should count

this doesnt solve the problem, but it makes it less worse

Kind regards

no, exploiter shouldn't remove a legitimate method of getting BP, I work hard to build a solid defense on some servers and have been rewarded with good amounts of BP in events as a result.

The bp penalties are significant and they increase with each level lower than 5 levels until you reach 10 levels below which then gives you 0 bp. If someone 7 levels above you was attacking your HB and getting 1m hits that means your HB was stuffed full of uv which would make the penalties worth it.

Boosting has always been a part of the game. It's unfortunate but it's a fact. I disagree with taking away defense points in war events. That would remove any incentive for honest players to defend resulting in more people running. Additionally, although I have seen the method above used, a lot of people have alts that are high enough levels for them to just hit directly. In my experience, it is more common to see people hitting their alts from their main account vs people hitting their main with their alts. Hitting alts with a main also gives you bp rewards which is another reason people boost.

Raiding is a part of the game. As I've said before, I disagree with alts being hit during bp events to boost bp scores. However, I do believe alts are good for farming resources. Farming alts for resources can make the game a much better place for everyone. The players farming alts for resources are not the ones farming players 7,8, 9, 10+ levels below them for resources. However, if they did not have their alt to farm then they would be farming low level players for resources. So as I said before, farming alts for resources is a win win. Top players get the resources they need (mainly fuel) while lower level/weaker players can enjoy the game without being farmed to death by the top dogs

no, the HB is full of LR units AND grid, the point of which was to BOUNCE stuff.
    the problem is the game balance itself, because i was being hit by 70's and 80's when only having a 60.
    the problem lies, not with farming, but by using alts for BP, which causes a chain reaction of those hitting everything that gives bp to keep up, which is why some servers its near impossible for newer players because the server is all mid 40's... and anyone reaching 35-38 becomes a target with nothing to attack themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by phalanx1337 View Post
    no, the HB is full of LR units AND grid, the point of which was to BOUNCE stuff.
    the problem is the game balance itself, because i was being hit by 70's and 80's when only having a 60.
    the problem lies, not with farming, but by using alts for BP, which causes a chain reaction of those hitting everything that gives bp to keep up, which is why some servers its near impossible for newer players because the server is all mid 40's... and anyone reaching 35-38 becomes a target with nothing to attack themselves.
    I agree. Boosting is a big problem in all the worlds. It doesn't just help top players win, it causes too many mediocre players to get preyed on by higher levels with better boosts/experimentals/everything in general.

However, I don't think this problem is going to get fixed. There are lots of accounts being created each day, and GREE is probably not going to waste time searching for alts to main accounts in each server. Also, it will discourage top players from participating in wars or from playing the game in general, as alts help with resources, XP, BP, base swaps, and has many more functions. This will cause GREE to lose more of its already limited revenue, and they certainly don't want this to happen.

I will agree that boosting is a problem and causes many issues.

However, anyone getting hit for 1m HB hits is going to get hit regardless of whether people are boosting or not.

Also, just because you stuff a base with LR units and a grid doesn't mean you will make players bounce. There's a few more very important details that you need to take into consideration that may vary from attack to attack when you're defending. You can easily get a comm 10 levels higher than yours to bounce on a LR vs LR attack with a grid as long as you set up properly. Additionally, even with comms 20 levels higher than yours, attackers certainly would not be getting 1m hits (especially on a HB) if you were set up properly.

If an attacker was attacking with LR units and you gave me a base with LR units, a DG, and a comm 10 levels lower than the attackers, I would take that any day of the week. My only concern would be the attacker would run out of units and stop feeding me bp...