Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Boosting

Boosting

Dear Gree,

During Player and Alliance Wars, it is extremely easy for Players and Alliances to win by boosting from their Sister Alliance.

This completely ruins the game and it happens so much we have now renamed it "Boost Wars".

It has got so bad in our World now that a lot of players either bubble or don't bother playing and send their troops across the map.

Im not sure exactly how you can fix this but my suggestion would be as follows -

Add a new area of the game where your alliance can affiliate with 1 or 2 more alliances and have a new Chat facility for those alliances. This would bring a new lease of life to the game as well.

By doing this, you can prevent -

Alliances hitting their Sister alliances for AP/BP
    Players who have left an alliance hitting this alliance for say a 24 hour period

Quote Originally Posted by Mad4it View Post
    Dear Gree,

During Player and Alliance Wars, it is extremely easy for Players and Alliances to win by boosting from their Sister Alliance.

This completely ruins the game and it happens so much we have now renamed it "Boost Wars".

Players who have left an alliance hitting this alliance for say a 24 hour period
    The cooldown would work, but it should be both ways -> Alliance couldn't hit the player, and the player couldn't hit the alliance. And to make it work fully, it would need 36 hours cooldown.

Alliance ALTs?? is it allowed? Is it fair?

I am trying to find information on having Alliance Alts (alternate accounts played by same person for obvious advantages).

Is this allowed in War of Nations. I would like to think not as it ruins the experience for everybody and I dont believe its fair play. How can playing a legit character vs a player who boosts, raids, farms, gathers exp etc all off his own "other" account character seem fair? I am seeing it in a new world I'm playing and it is killing the world very fast. One persons "alt" account has 4- lvl 38 superbases plus 4- lvl 34 superbases and has 0 BP....it is used only as a farm.

What is Gree's official rule on this. I find it very unfair and circumvents the dynamics of how this game is to be played.

Curious on what Gree's official answer is on this?

Thanks

I agree. The world is almost dead. What is Gree's position on alt accounts?

Gree's official position is...thank you for reporting this to us. We have passed on this information to our developers and they are working on this issue right now. Although we can not reveal the results of the investigation please be assured we are working on this issue. We apologise for any inconvenience and thank you for your patient as we resolve this.

They have been sent screenshots and battle reports many times by many players. Gotta live with this cause they don't care. It creates a carrot and stick scenario for them. The players boosting set the goals for those legitimate players spending on ports to try and catch them until they wise up and quit.

Boosting ap/bp in wars is certainly unfair and our alliance has a policy if you're caught boosting by an officer you are immediately booted. I have personally never boosted any bp in my world and my teammates and even some enemies would vouch for that. I won't even "trade" bp with players to kill off excess uv.

With that said, alts are useful for many things such as base swaps, demoing facs, and yes raiding resources such as fuel (which I guess is technically boosting). My alliance has asked our world what they prefer, either we raid alts for fuel or we raid them dry for fuel. Guess what they chose. We are strong enough where we are gonna get the fuel we need one way or another and enemies would rather us raid alts than raid them. Again I think boosting ap/bp in war events is unfair and cheating, however raiding alts for fuel vs raiding enemies so hard they quit can make the world a little bit better for everyone.

Additionally, (to my knowledge) our alts do not have any permanent super bases on them, just mini bases mainly containing refineries. The only time super bases are on our alts is when bases are being moved around from player to player

Quote Originally Posted by -Unabomber- View Post
    Boosting ap/bp in wars is certainly unfair and our alliance has a policy if you're caught boosting by an officer you are immediately booted. I have personally never boosted any bp in my world and my teammates and even some enemies would vouch for that. I won't even "trade" bp with players to kill off excess uv.

With that said, alts are useful for many things such as base swaps, demoing facs, and yes raiding resources such as fuel (which I guess is technically boosting). My alliance has asked our world what they prefer, either we raid alts for fuel or we raid them dry for fuel. Guess what they chose. We are strong enough where we are gonna get the fuel we need one way or another and enemies would rather us raid alts than raid them. Again I think boosting ap/bp in war events is unfair and cheating, however raiding alts for fuel vs raiding enemies so hard they quit can make the world a little bit better for everyone.

Additionally, (to my knowledge) our alts do not have any permanent super bases on them, just mini bases mainly containing refineries. The only time super bases are on our alts is when bases are being moved around from player to player
    Shame our World would not agree to that as it sounds very reasonable to me.

It is impossible to cheat in game with no rules. As long as using alts aren't prohibited, they're fair play. In fact alts make game more fair since they allow to compete against heavy coiners.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrike View Post
    It is impossible to cheat in game with no rules. As long as using alts aren't prohibited, they're fair play. In fact alts make game more fair since they allow to compete against heavy coiners.
    Lol, mostly heavy coiners have alts, and it's cheaper to buy I-pads and make alts than waste a big sum of gold on ports each event, still you not going to take first place in event without spending some money.

I think that GREE has recognized this issue. However, I don't think they will address this, even though it is considered cheating as they will potentially lose revenue and high-spending players.
    The players in their separate world will simply laugh at whoever farms alts anyways, so there is an internal pressure in the game to not farm.

The top alliance in our world nominates a player to drop out and hit team mates each player war. They rotate it between a few members. The alliances are not locked for these events so I guess Gree supports this. It creates an inflated top score for those porting to chase which equals increased revenue for Gree I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexhom View Post
    The top alliance in our world nominates a player to drop out and hit team mates each player war. They rotate it between a few members. The alliances are not locked for these events so I guess Gree supports this. It creates an inflated top score for those porting to chase which equals increased revenue for Gree I guess.
    Wow.

Did not know gaining BP went to that extent.

Gree is not doing anything because they cannot. It is an uphill task to prove and Gree does not want to get into a "he says she says" war trying to weigh evidence and what if they believe a complainant wrongly?

I don't know about other/all worlds but from my experience, the top players/coiners aren't the ones who usually boost ap/bp. Yes, I would agree they do farm resources from alts to maintain their accounts (as I stated earlier) however I have found it to be the average players/coiners to be the ones boosting ap/bp in order to compete with the top players/coiners in war events or to complete ap/bp LTMs. This was especially evident during player war LTMs as players who had under 1B total ap/bp were finishing with 200m ap/bp at the end of the LTM while I have 5.5B ap/bp and finished with my 100-150m ap/bp (which is my average over all war events).

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsies View Post
    Wow.

Did not know gaining BP went to that extent.
    No offense but this has been going on since shortly after AP wars were created. Either you don't play or don't play much. There are numerous work arounds for nearly everything in the game. No amount of rules will fix the issues without someone being creative enough to come up with a work around... This is the reason websites like FindMyEnemy is successful. They expose tactics and tricks that fall within the realm of the rules of the game.