CRAFTING: Honest Feedback from one long-time player

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: CRAFTING: Honest Feedback from one long-time player

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count

CRAFTING: Honest Feedback from one long-time player

(sorry for the length of this post but took some doing to build the main point)

I will press my luck and post another message in the hope you will listen to honest feedback about your newest feature, CRAFTING. When many of us started playing Kingdom Age we liked the idea of questing and killing things. This is why we downloaded the game in the first place. The game took on a whole new level of fun when the game became social through the introduction of Guilds. Now we could quest and kill things as a team! It is frankly the people not the game that keeps many of us still in this community.

I can honestly say I do not know a single person that said “I downloaded a new game because they have CRAFTING”, or “if only KA had crafting it would be perfect”! Please do not lose sight of why we play this game. We play because we love to quest and kill things in a team setting!!!!

Further, your implementation of crafting frankly sucks (sorry to be brutally honest). Under your new remade game, we have 3 attributes that are highlighted and weighted depending on the event: Unit, Equipment and Hero points. Let’s look at each of the three as it pertains to crafting.

Unit totals are not really impacted by crafting and you have watered down the impact of adding to unit totals (with a heavier focus on the other attributes). As an example, during war we all enjoy a huge Conquest Attack bonus so finding a target is easier than ever. The only other place it matters is Raiding/Attacking during Pvp which is important but not a focal point of this game.

Equipment totals are frankly not really impacted by crafting either. As much as you think we use the (VERY) limited supplies to craft small items to help us build up equipment totals, I do not know a single person who does. Why? Because the items to craft are terrible (way too small), and the supply of material is too limited. We can usually buy better equipment anyway (aside: Please add a feature that allows us to buy set number of items instead of 1 at a time).

So the only area where crafting matters is Hero Equipment. But even this is frankly broken. The only time we might craft something is if it adds significantly to our hero equipment value. Crafting an item for 1 or two additional Heroic-points is futile and a huge waste of limited resources. So for the most part our crafting building sits idle.

Please remember, we love to quest and kill things and if we can do this as a team all the better (why RB and War are so popular). We are also a competitive community. We love to outdo each other with impressive stats or feats (during war or other community wide events). Many of us also love to jump around and help each other out as well (we are a caring community – except during war). Crafting adds nothing to these elements of the game that we love so much. You have placed all your energy in trying to make CRAFTING succeed, but have lost the heart and soul of this community in doing so. I understand CRAFTING is here to stay, but we all just respond with a shrug of our shoulders… None of us play a game to craft things!
    Last edited by Mattman@WLD; 12-23-2014 at 09:19 AM.
    Co-founder of Warlord (WLD)
    WLD War placement: TOP 3
    Guild code: 885578648
    KA Ally Code: 776-075-625

Post Count
    Amen to that, perfectly stated... but futile.
    GREE won't change it.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    I believe that Gree thought we would try to craft 1500 items for our armies. So far at least, all I've done is try to craft better stuff for my Hero. I see no point in trying to craft items for all my allies. Not enough materials, or time. In fact, all the equipment my Heros are wearing are not crafted anyway.
    I'm sure crafting won't go away, but I feel it will only benefit our hero equipment. If indeed when we get to the level 10 Crafting building, we will be able to craft the most powerful stuff in the kingdom, then we all can try to craft one of each category. But I don't see much value right now.

I sure don't want to craft any low level items since I dont know when or how we can get a large supply of materials for the really good items that will come in the future.
    Last edited by Jnsolberg; 12-25-2014 at 08:09 AM.
    Purple Squirrel

Consistent Contributor Sandhawk's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattman@WLD View Post
    Further, your implementation of crafting frankly sucks (sorry to be brutally honest).
    I wholeheartedly agree with this statement however, am not sorry about my honesty. Was ANY developmental research done on this aspect of the game prior to implemenation?

"Congratulations over the past two months you have been rewarded a Giant Log, a Sheeps leg, and some Broken Glass! Now get crafting!
    Use the Broken Glass and Sheeps Leg to craft some Armored Underwears! or
    Use the Giant Log, Sheeps Leg, and Broken Glass to craft a Broadsword! or
    Use the Sheeps Leg, Broken Glass, and Giant Log to craft a Longbow! or

-Sorry! The combination of Giant Leg, Broken Sheep, and Glass Log must be used to craft the Ultimate full body Armor of Maximum Life Points with the Soul Sucking Sword of Destruction and must be quickened with 3,000 Magical Gems of Restoration in a lvl 10 Wizards Brothel!"

What?!?! 😦
    KA - ✠ Southern Dutch Knights 769-614-822
    CC - 🔫 Old Retired Gangsters 980-215-010
    MW - 🌎Maverick 196-547-849

Stop giving out chests. Nobody wants a chest as a prize.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    The mind boggles at what happens at a lvl 10 Wizards Brothel! I mean, I went to a lvl 1 and barely escaped with my life!

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Great thread

Unfortunatly
    1- gree does not care
    2- crafting is here to stay

I have so far crafter only the items that required the vouchers we got before the building was available
    other than that, a pair of boots when I finally got enough material after opening box and boxes we get from events, but I am not wasting my time making material, so pretty much will take me a long time to get more material for more crafting

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I totally agree with you mattman.
    Wish
    Blessed Mortals Too 254-761-966

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Crafting sucks. Its a lame idea, and Gree didn't put it in to improve the game. Gree saw that too many players who had spent tons of money in the past to build their characters no longer need to spend gems on Epic Boss or Raid Boss. And because of stat inflation, Gree couldn't find a way to make EB challenging for them while still keeping it reasonable for the average player, hence the emphasis on equipment now.

What really sucks is that instead of giving people real prizes for events, they give you a chest with some freaking timber. Or they give you some awful piece of equipment for your individual prize. I finished top-100 for CP and for my individual prize I got a pair of boots that would lower my total hero strength. How is that incentive to spend gems?

Post Count
    I just love busting my a$$ on an event to pull together 10 logs and then run to my craft shop and take those 10 logs I worked so hard to get and craft a crate. After a few hours and some honor spent my new crate is ready and in my inventory!!! Oh, I can't wait to open my new crate. Maybe it will be those scraps of ragged cloth I need so bad to make a hopsack cloth. It's like Christmas day opening my new crate. And what does Gree Clause grant me you ask? A wonderful and joyous LOG!!!! Just need 9 more and I can do it all over again. What fun!

A 10 year old could think up a better game feature. Seriously, is this some evil joke?

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    As an addition I'm also wondering, when will you let us upgrade it to lvl 10?

But like said before, ways of obtaining materials are to slim to make crafting a usefull feature in the game.
    If you could have methods of grinding materials so you could make good gear on daily basis, and i don't necessarily mean best of every equipment. Crafting could be a whole lot more challenging or interesting

Articulate Author The red Baron's Avatar
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Crafting is not too bad. I got 3 epic items with about 9 trials which helped me to reduce a little bit the pain of epic boss.
    2 epic rusted gauntlets with each 53 attack and one epic wizard robe with 128 attack.
    Could finish the lv 100 bosses with 11 gold one free hit what is still terrible but better as last time 14 gold.
    The Red Baron TRB

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I agree that crafting adds very little to the game....I simply open the chests & let the inventory build since I can buy much better items in the store with the exception of head, feet, & artifact equipment. I'm hoping that once the building is upgraded, the items might be worthy of the time & effort but that remains to be seen....

Post Count
    In the end we'll all have the crafting workshop up to level 10, we'll all craft the same hero equipment and we'll all have more or less the same hero strength (for EB and quests), so certainly no big game changer.
    In short, another useless addition.

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Well I would like to ask GREE if they are joking about cost of certain equipments?

An epic caster's staff requires 1008!!!! gems to craft. It is 144attack/216defense, are you fricking serious?
    I closed app a few times to see if the game was playing tricks on me but evidently they werent.

Edit: Epic wizard robe is 651 gems...

Seriously gree, what is up with asking so much gems just to craft some items :s
    You make people lucky to get something epic and then screw them over by making it cost a ton of gems to continue...
    Last edited by Saint-BEL; 01-13-2015 at 12:16 AM.