Vote with your wallet, say NO to GREE's Marxism/progressivism

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vote with your wallet, say NO to GREE's Marxism/progressivism

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count

Vote with your wallet, say NO to GREE's Marxism/progressivism

It's time to rally the community for a mass boycott & buy no gold until these new changes are repealed. Who's in?

Post Count
    Marxism? LOL!

Stay in school.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    We were all wondering how Gree was going to deal with stat inflation, and they just did it. This is basically stat deflation. They diluted the stats and added to more complex layers to the game at the same time, personally I definitely like this change (other than the fact that the stats aren't transparent enough yet, but I'm sure that will be fixed soon)

People need to ignore the first few weeks of this as it's bound to be painful. Right now one accomplice is the difference between winning every time and losing every time, but once we all have 5 or so in every category the ecosystem of "who can beat who" will start to re-stabilize.

I for one will get annihilated this war since I skipped the LTQ, and might have a hard time scoring. Hopefully I do decently on the case event, but again, in a month or so this will sort itself out. The spenders will have more than the non-spenders.

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    I can tell ya who's out? The syndicates who rank in the upcoming war.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredfreddy View Post
    We were all wondering how Gree was going to deal with stat inflation
    Please don't speak on my behalf. Me, and many others, couldn't care less about the so called "stat inflation".

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    It's not really "so called" ... it definitely exists... prizes you get now are higher stat than prizes you got in the same event a year ago. But I agree, there's nothing really wrong about it, it just creates a larger gap in the game in general. Stat inflation ensures most of your previous spend is superseded by new spend. It's a necessary evil for Gree to keep new customers interested. If they didn't do it, someone who started playing the game today would literally never catch up.

This change lessened that gap without actually messing with the stuff we've gotten for 3 years. If this game makes it a few more years they could introduce a few more elements to your ability to win fights and do this all over again.

Post Count
    1) To help new players compete
    2) Implement changes to keep game from becoming dull
    3) Make more $$$

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Nighteg View Post
    Please don't speak on my behalf. Me, and many others, couldn't care less about the so called "stat inflation".
    Refer to my "stat inflation" thread for more info on how people could care less
    Double Negative is always recruiting. T10
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34FoTYwwlIQ
    Line id: evan1000

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredfreddy View Post
    It's not really "so called" ... it definitely exists... prizes you get now are higher stat than prizes you got in the same event a year ago. But I agree, there's nothing really wrong about it, it just creates a larger gap in the game in general. Stat inflation ensures most of your previous spend is superseded by new spend. It's a necessary evil for Gree to keep new customers interested. If they didn't do it, someone who started playing the game today would literally never catch up.

This change lessened that gap without actually messing with the stuff we've gotten for 3 years. If this game makes it a few more years they could introduce a few more elements to your ability to win fights and do this all over again.
    Well they did mess with the stuff we already have by severely devaluing it. That's the part I don't like. Of course, experienced players know that gold purchases result in temporary results. I don't have a lot of sympathy for anyone too thick to figure that one out yet. The devaluation of old gold purchases has been a constant in this game since day 2.

But the rest of your points I have to agree with. To keep this game from dying, they have to mix it up, have to come up with ways for old players and new ones to spend, it's what keeps the game in existence. Most here refer to that as greed, but to be fair, if the game quits monetizing, it's gone. And how stagnant would things be with the same groups at the top for years on end.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    This is not dealing with stat inflation. It is just making it worse. Just because the accomplices have less zeros at the end doesn't mean a thing. Essentially Ruby Veritas just became an 800k weapon in your inventory.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Everyone is moaning however do you really thing a huge MNC who devlop multiple games would of thought this through before they put it in place, quit wining play the game that has been made and put in front of you, if you dont like it try a different game

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I want to play the game. I can't.

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Drake View Post
    I want to play the game. I can't.
    Yes you can. It may no longer be the way you want to play, but you can still play.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    No sir. Opening game once an hour to try a crate and collecting a building is not playing a game.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by <3 Hz View Post
    It's time to rally the community for a mass boycott & buy no gold until these new changes are repealed. Who's in?
    You are late, many have done that for years now. :-) The game goes on :-)