Quote Originally Posted by Fossil View Post
The way I see it is if you want to win, you have three options. Gem, gem, or gem. Let's not lose sight of the fact that like any other business, GREE is here to make money. They don't sell in-game advertising, nor charge for the game itself. This leaves a limited number of avenues to make the money that pays the people that develop the game. Do I like it? No, but I understand the concept and spend my money accordingly. Given the circumstances, you either need to be content with your current performance or choose another game that just charges a flat monthly hosting fee. Some of my friends are retiring and moving on to play such games.
So... you mean, play a game where you can't win based on simply spending more? So pretty much what you're saying is don't play any games with micro-transactions, Fossil? I agree. You'll hardly ever find any of these games use actual "skill" to rank people.

I said from day one here, that Gree is a business and here to make money. People scoffed at the idea. No, they're here to make friends and, if only they would invest in their players.... No. Its a business, and they're is no face-to-face from them to any of us, so there is no need to "invest in their players." They don't care where the money comes from. They don't care if you raid, open chests, spend money to beat the EB, get energy in Arena... As long as you spend money for more gems, they don't care. The whole game is a random lottery system with a fancy skin on it. The battles are just something else to do. Spending money to refresh your ability to battle? Just another way to suck money out of people. If you're not okay with that, you're playing the wrong game.

Like Fossil said, either be content with your position that you can make within your guild, find some other like-minded people and ditch the guild you're in (or the non-gemmers) or quit. That is pretty much your options.